Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FOO FIGHTERS 23:43 - Jun 24 with 4696 viewsItchySphincter

Showing Radiohead what a festival crowd wants, and Dave Grohl only used one guitar.

Ketty Perry was good too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:54 - Jun 25 with 969 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 16:36 - Jun 25 by Ebo

Radiohead are not a 'hit's' band and never will be. Creep was their only real greatest 'hit'. If they played the hits only it would have been a very short set.

double post
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 18:56]

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:58 - Jun 25 with 958 viewsWarwickHunt

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:51 - Jun 25 by exiledclaseboy

Didn't they get sued for plagiarism fir Creep? I've never seen the attraction of Radiohead personally but each to their own.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/08/22/11-suspiciously-sound-alike-songs/slide
FOO FIGHTERS on 18:59 - Jun 25 with 958 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:51 - Jun 25 by exiledclaseboy

Didn't they get sued for plagiarism fir Creep? I've never seen the attraction of Radiohead personally but each to their own.

You're not intellectual enough, like Ebo.

FOO FIGHTERS on 19:47 - Jun 25 with 937 viewsexiledclaseboy

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:59 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

You're not intellectual enough, like Ebo.

I had a feeling that may be it.

Poll: Tory leader

FOO FIGHTERS on 19:59 - Jun 25 with 920 viewsEbo

FOO FIGHTERS on 18:42 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

I know their fans see themselves as too highbrow but at the end of the day they are a hits band and that is why they are headlining. I agree Creep is a horrible song, never liked and wouldn't care if I never heard it again but at the end of the day it's their Teen Spirit or Final Countdown. Lol. Doesn't matter how much they try to pretend that it isn't.

They are NOT a hits band. They don't write commercial music. If you think they got a headline slot on the basis of Creep then you are seriously f8cking dense.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

FOO FIGHTERS on 20:42 - Jun 25 with 889 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 19:59 - Jun 25 by Ebo

They are NOT a hits band. They don't write commercial music. If you think they got a headline slot on the basis of Creep then you are seriously f8cking dense.

I didn't say that. Fact is they played a self indulgent set that only their most pretentious wannabe faux intellectual fans can defend.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 20:43]

FOO FIGHTERS on 20:55 - Jun 25 with 877 viewsEbo

FOO FIGHTERS on 20:42 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

I didn't say that. Fact is they played a self indulgent set that only their most pretentious wannabe faux intellectual fans can defend.

Street Spirit
No Surprises
Karma Police
Fake Plastic Trees
Creep
Airbag
Let Down
Paranoid Android
There There
2+2=5
Let Down
Exit Music

That's 12 really popular songs they played

I think they covered it all amongst current material, I mean they were never going to play "Anyone can play guitar" or "Planet Telex" were they?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 20:57]

FOO FIGHTERS on 21:15 - Jun 25 with 861 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 20:55 - Jun 25 by Ebo

Street Spirit
No Surprises
Karma Police
Fake Plastic Trees
Creep
Airbag
Let Down
Paranoid Android
There There
2+2=5
Let Down
Exit Music

That's 12 really popular songs they played

I think they covered it all amongst current material, I mean they were never going to play "Anyone can play guitar" or "Planet Telex" were they?
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 20:57]

So they did play the hits then, pretty much. Unfortunately they just transcended Coldplay levels of boringness.

Login to get fewer ads

FOO FIGHTERS on 21:20 - Jun 25 with 858 viewsEbo

FOO FIGHTERS on 21:15 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

So they did play the hits then, pretty much. Unfortunately they just transcended Coldplay levels of boringness.

You didn't watch it all did you?

FOO FIGHTERS on 21:23 - Jun 25 with 855 viewsexiledclaseboy

FOO FIGHTERS on 21:15 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

F*ck me, that's quite some achievement.

Poll: Tory leader

FOO FIGHTERS on 01:13 - Jun 26 with 817 viewsHumpty

FOO FIGHTERS on 20:42 - Jun 25 by ItchySphincter

What utter bollocks. Radiohead played the music they usually play. And all the Radiohead fans there loved it. What more could you ask of them?

You want them to entertain a load of bored teenagers who went there to enjoy Katy Perry and stuff like that? You want them to entertain people watching on the telly?

F*ck that. Go and watch something else.

Like I did when Ed Sheeran was on.

I prefer the earlier stuff. But so what? Other radiohead fans like Ebo enjoy the later stuff. And good on him. So do lot's of my friends.

Radiohead played a very good Radiohead gig. I think Emily Eavis knew what she was getting when she booked them.

If it wasn't to your taste, there you go. Shit happens. I didn't enjoy Kanye West. Shit happens.
FOO FIGHTERS on 01:21 - Jun 26 with 813 viewsHumpty

FOO FIGHTERS on 21:23 - Jun 25 by exiledclaseboy

F*ck me, that's quite some achievement.

Heh!

I've seen Coldplay twice. Both a long time ago at Glastonbury and I thought they were great. I know the inkies I used to read told me they were horrendously uncool but I didn't care. I liked them. I then completely lost interest after the second album. I liked the first two but they bore me silly now.

Musical taste eh?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 1:23]
FOO FIGHTERS on 07:31 - Jun 26 with 770 viewsItchySphincter

FOO FIGHTERS on 01:13 - Jun 26 by Humpty

What utter bollocks. Radiohead played the music they usually play. And all the Radiohead fans there loved it. What more could you ask of them?

You want them to entertain a load of bored teenagers who went there to enjoy Katy Perry and stuff like that? You want them to entertain people watching on the telly?

F*ck that. Go and watch something else.

Like I did when Ed Sheeran was on.

I prefer the earlier stuff. But so what? Other radiohead fans like Ebo enjoy the later stuff. And good on him. So do lot's of my friends.

Radiohead played a very good Radiohead gig. I think Emily Eavis knew what she was getting when she booked them.

If it wasn't to your taste, there you go. Shit happens. I didn't enjoy Kanye West. Shit happens.

I agree with that. You just left out the bit about it being a bit crap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024