Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Clucas 10:38 - Sep 28 with 7353 viewsjack247

I know he hasn't had the best of starts (out of position), but can we try to call him by his real name just for a bit? Calling him Clueless, Circus etc is a bit pathetic after four games
Sam Clucas on 10:39 - Sep 28 with 5980 viewsDafyddHuw

He's about as effective as Theresa May in an election.
Sam Clucas on 10:42 - Sep 28 with 5971 views34dfgdf54

He's taken over as the escaped goat this year that's for sure.
Sam Clucas on 10:45 - Sep 28 with 5955 viewsjack247

Sam Clucas on 10:39 - Sep 28 by DafyddHuw

He has played four games for us. He was very good against Palace, did his job against Spurs, has been well below par in the two home games.

Even if he had been the worst player on the pitch in all four, childish nicknames for a player who has been here a month would be a little bit silly.
Sam Clucas on 10:57 - Sep 28 with 5929 viewsMeraki

His real name is Samuel, hypocrite.
Sam Clucas on 13:38 - Sep 28 with 5757 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sam Clucas on 10:39 - Sep 28 by DafyddHuw

No there aren't any Footballers that bad.
I still think it was a deliberate ploy to lose the election so she didn't have to handle the Brexit talks.
Sam Clucas on 14:07 - Sep 28 with 5710 viewsicecoldjack

Sam Clucas on 10:45 - Sep 28 by jack247

He has played four games for us. He was very good against Palace, did his job against Spurs, has been well below par in the two home games.

Even if he had been the worst player on the pitch in all four, childish nicknames for a player who has been here a month would be a little bit silly.

Was he very good against Palace ? they were even more inept than us and caused almost zero threat for 90 mins.

I agree with the sentiment though, he needs time to settle in, problem is that one of the reasons for signing him was that we have somebody with prem experience, yet he seems to be finding it quite hard going.

The big question is who wanted him for the price we paid, i know prices are inflated but £17 m quid for a guy who hides a lot ? He is the most expensive player in our History so it's understandable he gets grief .
Sam Clucas on 14:18 - Sep 28 with 5677 viewsjack247

Sam Clucas on 14:07 - Sep 28 by icecoldjack

Was he very good against Palace ? they were even more inept than us and caused almost zero threat for 90 mins.

I agree with the sentiment though, he needs time to settle in, problem is that one of the reasons for signing him was that we have somebody with prem experience, yet he seems to be finding it quite hard going.

The big question is who wanted him for the price we paid, i know prices are inflated but £17 m quid for a guy who hides a lot ? He is the most expensive player in our History so it's understandable he gets grief .

I thought he was excellent at Palace, especially since he was out of position and making his debut. Look back at this board around that time and you'll see plenty agreeing. Not arguing his performances haven't gone downhill rapidly since then.

I'm not saying don't criticise his performances anyway, I'm saying fcking grow up in the way you (not you personally) do it. It's worse than 'Rotledge'. He's been here a month for gods sake.
Sam Clucas on 14:24 - Sep 28 with 5660 viewsDarran

Boner needs to start chipping in with a few goals up front too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Clucas on 14:33 - Sep 28 with 5636 viewsBonjour

I don't think he's been necessarily 'rubbish' but he just hasn't done anything or improved the team at all. We should've kept the money and played Fulton in there if this was the position we bought him for.

Or even put the money toward someone who could affect the game going forward. Although attacking play doesn't seem to be high on the 'to do' list at the moment.
Sam Clucas on 14:56 - Sep 28 with 5589 viewsjasper_T

Oh boo hoo how awful that he gets called funny names. Poor bloke, life must be unbearable.
Sam Clucas on 15:01 - Sep 28 with 5576 viewsNOTRAC

The ones to criticise are the ones who brought him in for that amount of money.
They must be Jenkins and Clement.
I think the player is genuine enough but to blame him entirely for saturdays first half debacle is completely wrong.
The team as a whole played poorly in that first half.He was taken off at half time.It could have been any of the midfield to be fair to him.They were all equally as bad as each other.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Sam Clucas on 15:12 - Sep 28 with 5556 viewsmonmouth

Sam Clucas on 15:01 - Sep 28 by NOTRAC

I think the player is genuine enough but to blame him entirely for saturdays first half debacle is completely wrong.
The team as a whole played poorly in that first half.He was taken off at half time.It could have been any of the midfield to be fair to him.They were all equally as bad as each other.

I've nothing against him at all, and I think it's much too early to be making any kind of judgement, but he was appalling on Saturday, and significantly worse than anyone else on the pitch. The other midfielders were cack in the first half but they were at least trying to get on the ball to do something before Royally f*cking it up. Clucus was not, except when he needlessly got in Fede's way to compound Bony's stupid touch and to gift Watford a ridiculous goal.

I believe he's a better player than we've seen at the Liberty so far for sure, and that he should get chances to prove it. In his preferred position. It's Mesa all day long in DM/first distributor.

But £17m ? I doubt anyone else would have paid half that. There's something strange about this one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sam Clucas on 15:39 - Sep 28 with 5526 viewsjack247

Sam Clucas on 14:56 - Sep 28 by jasper_T

Oh boo hoo how awful that he gets called funny names. Poor bloke, life must be unbearable.

It reflects on the grown ups using playground insults rather than the player himself. I doubt he cares what people on the internet call him.
Sam Clucas on 16:14 - Sep 28 with 5498 viewsDafyddHuw

Sam Clucas on 15:01 - Sep 28 by NOTRAC

Who's blaming him entitirely for Saturday's firsy half?

I just don't see what he brings to the team. Was he bought as a DM? I really hope not. What is his position anyway? It was my understanding that he was a play-anywhere-in defence utility player..

Unless he turns it round and puts in some outstanding performances, I really can't get my head round the fact that at least one perrson at the club with some say in who comes in, valued him at £17M. Yes, that's £17M. That's fine, but for that money wouldn't it be right to expect £17M performances?
Sam Clucas on 16:41 - Sep 28 with 5459 viewsswancity

Still can't comprehend this signing which ranks as the absolute worst in the history of Swansea City FC. I'd love to know the full history from day one on this ie. who recommended him, who has been watching him and who decided we needed him and then the negotiation process as quite frankly it's beyond a joke. Already over loaded in midfield we sign Clucas for £17m...based on what? Staggering.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sam Clucas on 16:42 - Sep 28 with 5454 viewsjack247

Sam Clucas on 16:14 - Sep 28 by DafyddHuw

Who's blaming him entitirely for Saturday's firsy half?

I just don't see what he brings to the team. Was he bought as a DM? I really hope not. What is his position anyway? It was my understanding that he was a play-anywhere-in defence utility player..

Unless he turns it round and puts in some outstanding performances, I really can't get my head round the fact that at least one perrson at the club with some say in who comes in, valued him at £17M. Yes, that's £17M. That's fine, but for that money wouldn't it be right to expect £17M performances?

He is an attacking left sided midfielder or plays behind the striker. That's what he did at Hull anyway.

I think the criticism re. value for money/record signing is pretty fair. A bit premature, but it hasn't been a great start by any means.
Sam Clucas on 17:04 - Sep 28 with 5412 viewsswancity

Sam Clucas on 16:42 - Sep 28 by jack247

He is an attacking left sided midfielder or plays behind the striker. That's what he did at Hull anyway.

I think the criticism re. value for money/record signing is pretty fair. A bit premature, but it hasn't been a great start by any means.

He's finding it hard to deliver performances as he's aware of the price tag and high expectation because of it. It's not his fault that he's nowhere near a £17m player. But the focus is on him as a consequence of that. He's used to playing lower league football at clubs like Mansfield and not that long ago he was sold for £20,000. Now he's earning that in a few days. The world is going crazy at least the football world is.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sam Clucas on 17:05 - Sep 28 with 5407 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Sam Clucas on 16:41 - Sep 28 by swancity

Still can't comprehend this signing which ranks as the absolute worst in the history of Swansea City FC. I'd love to know the full history from day one on this ie. who recommended him, who has been watching him and who decided we needed him and then the negotiation process as quite frankly it's beyond a joke. Already over loaded in midfield we sign Clucas for £17m...based on what? Staggering.

Probably the gentleman (Dan Altman) who sits at a computer looking at the Opta stats, thinking he's running a baseball team in 2002.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sam Clucas on 17:12 - Sep 28 with 5396 viewsJethroJack

Sam Clucas on 14:24 - Sep 28 by Darran

Boner needs to start chipping in with a few goals up front too.

Shouldn't be too hard, should it.
Sam Clucas on 17:59 - Sep 28 with 5318 viewsFlashberryjack

Sam Clucas on 10:42 - Sep 28 by 34dfgdf54

He's taken over as the escaped goat this year that's for sure.

There's quite a few to choose from so far.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sam Clucas on 18:22 - Sep 28 with 5281 viewsmonmouth

Sam Clucas on 17:05 - Sep 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Probably the gentleman (Dan Altman) who sits at a computer looking at the Opta stats, thinking he's running a baseball team in 2002.

That's what I think too.

Moneyball went well at Brentford.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sam Clucas on 18:48 - Sep 28 with 5250 viewsGeoffThom

Sam Clucas on 16:41 - Sep 28 by swancity

Have to agree
Sam Clucas on 19:04 - Sep 28 with 5219 viewsbuilthjack

The other ex Hereford lad, Jarrod Bowen, who also ended up at Hull, is a better player.
A couple of years ago we could have had Bowen for free, and prior to that we could have had Clucas for £20,000. FACT.
Jenkins was contacted but never answered.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sam Clucas on 19:05 - Sep 28 with 5215 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sam Clucas on 15:12 - Sep 28 by monmouth

I've nothing against him at all, and I think it's much too early to be making any kind of judgement, but he was appalling on Saturday, and significantly worse than anyone else on the pitch. The other midfielders were cack in the first half but they were at least trying to get on the ball to do something before Royally f*cking it up. Clucus was not, except when he needlessly got in Fede's way to compound Bony's stupid touch and to gift Watford a ridiculous goal.

I believe he's a better player than we've seen at the Liberty so far for sure, and that he should get chances to prove it. In his preferred position. It's Mesa all day long in DM/first distributor.

But £17m ? I doubt anyone else would have paid half that. There's something strange about this one.

Your last sentence sums up my feelings, and also the Bony transfer too. Bony wasn't bought via Altman's (or whatever his name is) statistics was he? He hasn't done f*ck all foor two years mun

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sam Clucas on 19:50 - Sep 28 with 5158 viewsdameedna

Why we didnt go for players like Mikel or even old croak Diame to fill the DM slot I dont know.

Clem loves playing a tall guy at DM. Could have kept hold of Cork.

Would suggest Clucas best position is DM and play Mesa in front as playmaker and Sanches as no.10.

Clucas is less likely to make mistakes. That is limiting the comments to new players in midfield.

The problem Clucas has is he can fit into a system that has been found out to suck imo.

Allows Mesa and Sanches to colour more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024