Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2342041 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 17:29 - Jan 25 with 3226 viewsLegend83

The Countdown begins. on 17:13 - Jan 25 by BytholWyn

This isn't the complete picture though is it. One of the predictions that did come true - immediately, was a slump in the value of the pound. The fact that the other predictions largely haven't come true was down to immediate intervention from the Chancellor and the BoE to abandon the central pillar of the Tory government's economic policy - a reduction in the Budget deficit. In normal times this would have humiliating and would have come with a huge political cost - but obviously the whole Brexit process took the limelight. Had the government and the BoE not kicked the ball into the long grass as far as deficit reduction was concerned then the pre-referendum predictions may well have come true. The lie prior to the election was not to openly acknowledge the plan B that the government would have had up its sleeve all along in the event of a leave vote. But then the Tories were never going to be honest about any of this, given the huge political embarrassment of having to abandon your flagship economic policy.

It's also worth pointing out that many economists and politicians have been arguing for a long time that the Tories were choking the life out of the economy with their approach to Austerity. It's rather ironic that the Leave vote has induced the Tories to doing what they should have been doing all along - which will have helped he economy perform better than if we'd continued on the same austerity programme. Mind you , were it not for the Leave vote the economy could well be prospering a lot more than it currently is, with growth remaining anaemic, and less than the average for the Euro zone.

Very fair and reasoned comments.

Solid debate!
The Countdown begins. on 17:55 - Jan 25 with 3197 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 16:51 - Jan 25 by westwalesed

Exactly, this is exactly what Remain voters still don't understand. They KEEP ON going on about economics as if that is the be all and end all. We were told in no uncertain terms we would be poorer the second we woke up the day after the Referendum if we voted to Leave, and the majority voted Leave anyway.

Sorted your "identity" out yet, Jean-Paul?
The Countdown begins. on 19:25 - Jan 25 with 3156 viewsGwyn737

The Countdown begins. on 17:17 - Jan 25 by Legend83

I absolutely agree but then I wasn't the one using it as an example of the virtues of the fluffy EU over the evil UK Government.

No I wasn't trying to make that point I was simply showing that for every example of iffy regulatory policy by the Tories you could probably find one where Labour were the bad guys (or the Tories were the good guys for once!).

Are we talking about the same EU who promoted the use of diesel cars for years to meet CO2 emission targets (forgetting the rest of the sh1te they kicked out) and has basically shrugged it's shoulders over VW's Diesel-gate? Oh wait, they are a German company...

Going off topic here on the sugar tax - is it the Government's role to save people from themselves? Is there evidence to suggest regulation (in this case punitive taxes) has the positive impact intended or is the result simply that the worst off end up paying 30p more for their Friday night 1l Pepsi which they would buy regardless? Perhaps educating obese people would be preferable.

Shrugged their shoulders? Maybe. There was a 1 billion quid fine, though.
The Countdown begins. on 20:23 - Jan 25 with 3134 viewslonglostjack

I absolutely agree but then I wasn't the one using it as an example of the virtues of the fluffy EU over the evil UK Government.

No I wasn't trying to make that point I was simply showing that for every example of iffy regulatory policy by the Tories you could probably find one where Labour were the bad guys (or the Tories were the good guys for once!).

Are we talking about the same EU who promoted the use of diesel cars for years to meet CO2 emission targets (forgetting the rest of the sh1te they kicked out) and has basically shrugged it's shoulders over VW's Diesel-gate? Oh wait, they are a German company...

Going off topic here on the sugar tax - is it the Government's role to save people from themselves? Is there evidence to suggest regulation (in this case punitive taxes) has the positive impact intended or is the result simply that the worst off end up paying 30p more for their Friday night 1l Pepsi which they would buy regardless? Perhaps educating obese people would be preferable.

I’m not sure that the EU ever promoted diesel cars. You are right though. The German government definitely did and the manufacturer’s lobby has an unhealthy influence on German policy.
Disagree with your last paragraph. Government should be more proactive to combat obesity in the U.K. While education is important, the food industry with all the young marketing talents at it’s disposal will always be much more effective than any Govt. campaign. Sugar taxes need to be raised. Our parents/ grandparents were healthier thanks to Govt. rationing during and after the war.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 13:19]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 13:42 - Jan 26 with 2991 viewskarnataka

Just one comment on your point "Going off topic here on the sugar tax - is it the Government's role to save people from themselves?"

Obesity costs the NHS an estimated £6-7 billion a year and wider society an estimated £27 billion. If regulation helps to reduce those figures even by a third, the whole country could benefit by up to £10 billion a year. What's not to like?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-matters-obesity-and-the-food-e
The Countdown begins. on 20:08 - Jan 26 with 2930 viewsFlashberryjack

The Countdown begins. on 13:42 - Jan 26 by karnataka

Just one comment on your point "Going off topic here on the sugar tax - is it the Government's role to save people from themselves?"

Obesity costs the NHS an estimated £6-7 billion a year and wider society an estimated £27 billion. If regulation helps to reduce those figures even by a third, the whole country could benefit by up to £10 billion a year. What's not to like?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-matters-obesity-and-the-food-e

"Obesity costs the NHS an estimated £6-7 billion a year and wider society an estimated £27 billion"

Absolute Bollox

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Countdown begins. on 00:14 - Jan 27 with 2883 viewsKilkennyjack

So the new Tory brexidiot plan is ......

Amend the Maybots deal on backstop to get ERG and DuP on side.
Maybot wins vote.
Maybot takes amended deal to EU, who say they cant agree with new demands on backstop.
Maybot amended deal rejected by EU.
Tories then blame EU and UK crashes out....

They know the EU will reject the proposal.

Beware of the Risen People

The Countdown begins. on 08:13 - Jan 27 with 2830 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Looks like old grandpa was right again

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 10:50 - Jan 27 with 2795 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 08:13 - Jan 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Looks like old grandpa was right again

Jezza?

Oh FFS Tom, stop it mun.
The Countdown begins. on 11:07 - Jan 27 with 2797 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Corbyn: “I will go back to the EU renegotiate on a Customs Union and there’ll be no need for the backstop”

Entire Media & Terrible Theresa May the communist leader of the UK 🇬🇧
Plus many with yet more egg on their red faces .

“you don’t know what you are talking about, you don’t know about Brexit, the EU said that’s it”

Get these Facking Torys out

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Countdown begins. on 11:52 - Jan 27 with 2765 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 11:07 - Jan 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Corbyn: “I will go back to the EU renegotiate on a Customs Union and there’ll be no need for the backstop”

Entire Media & Terrible Theresa May the communist leader of the UK 🇬🇧
Plus many with yet more egg on their red faces .

“you don’t know what you are talking about, you don’t know about Brexit, the EU said that’s it”

Get these Facking Torys out

So the daft old twàt realises that with a customs union there won't be a need for a backstop.

Fùck me - startling insight there.
The Countdown begins. on 12:39 - Jan 27 with 2752 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 16:51 - Jan 25 by westwalesed

Exactly, this is exactly what Remain voters still don't understand. They KEEP ON going on about economics as if that is the be all and end all. We were told in no uncertain terms we would be poorer the second we woke up the day after the Referendum if we voted to Leave, and the majority voted Leave anyway.

No, the effect of leaving the single market can only happen after we have left, or when it becomes obviously to all that we’re heading for a no deal. It hasn’t been obvious to all that we’re heading. For a no deal, but some firms are starting to see the probability getting too high that they’re triggering their contingency plans.
The Countdown begins. on 12:43 - Jan 27 with 2751 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 00:14 - Jan 27 by Kilkennyjack

So the new Tory brexidiot plan is ......

Amend the Maybots deal on backstop to get ERG and DuP on side.
Maybot wins vote.
Maybot takes amended deal to EU, who say they cant agree with new demands on backstop.
Maybot amended deal rejected by EU.
Tories then blame EU and UK crashes out....

They know the EU will reject the proposal.

Ahree with 5’tgat, except A50 gets extended, and the can gets kicked down the road wasting another 6 months.
The Countdown begins. on 12:51 - Jan 27 with 2741 viewspikeypaul

Been up the smoke for a couple of days so I apologise for the lack of update to the great day.

61 AFLI

SIUYRL

ps great to see the viewing figures shoot up well done you mother feckers keep it up.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

The Countdown begins. on 13:49 - Jan 27 with 2714 viewsKilkennyjack

The Countdown begins. on 12:51 - Jan 27 by pikeypaul

Been up the smoke for a couple of days so I apologise for the lack of update to the great day.

61 AFLI

SIUYRL

ps great to see the viewing figures shoot up well done you mother feckers keep it up.

Your Tory Brexit is dead Pikey.

We are witnessing the undignified death throes of an empire.

Suck it up little fella..... 👍

The Countdown begins. on 19:06 - Jan 27 with 2632 viewsKilkennyjack

The Countdown begins. on 19:23 - Jan 27 with 2621 viewsJango

The Countdown begins. on 19:06 - Jan 27 by Kilkennyjack

It takes an extremely sad individual to change their name on Twitter or Facebook to something Brexit related. If you take anything they have to say seriously you need a chat with yourself, whether they are remain or leave.
The Countdown begins. on 20:12 - Jan 27 with 2584 viewslonglostjack

The Countdown begins. on 19:23 - Jan 27 by Jango

It takes an extremely sad individual to change their name on Twitter or Facebook to something Brexit related. If you take anything they have to say seriously you need a chat with yourself, whether they are remain or leave.

I think it’s even sadder that people take Twitter and Facebook so seriously.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Countdown begins. on 22:18 - Jan 27 with 2545 viewskarnataka

The Countdown begins. on 20:08 - Jan 26 by Flashberryjack

"Obesity costs the NHS an estimated £6-7 billion a year and wider society an estimated £27 billion"

Absolute Bollox

Those are government figures. You are entitled to think they are wrong but I'm sure they have more information on which to base their statements than you do.

The Countdown begins. on 00:17 - Jan 28 with 2509 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 22:18 - Jan 27 by karnataka

Those are government figures. You are entitled to think they are wrong but I'm sure they have more information on which to base their statements than you do.

Yes history has constantly shown that governments should always be trusted 100%

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 09:29 - Jan 28 with 2435 viewspikeypaul

60 days AFLI

SIUYRL

The Countdown begins. on 09:53 - Jan 28 with 2422 viewsLegend83

The Countdown begins. on 19:25 - Jan 25 by Gwyn737

Shrugged their shoulders? Maybe. There was a 1 billion quid fine, though.

Thought the fine was from the US?
The Countdown begins. on 10:16 - Jan 28 with 2405 viewsLegend83

The Countdown begins. on 20:23 - Jan 25 by longlostjack

I’m not sure that the EU ever promoted diesel cars. You are right though. The German government definitely did and the manufacturer’s lobby has an unhealthy influence on German policy.
Disagree with your last paragraph. Government should be more proactive to combat obesity in the U.K. While education is important, the food industry with all the young marketing talents at it’s disposal will always be much more effective than any Govt. campaign. Sugar taxes need to be raised. Our parents/ grandparents were healthier thanks to Govt. rationing during and after the war.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 13:19]

https://iea.org.uk/sugar-taxes-have-never-worked-anywhere/

"As an anti-obesity policy, it is unlikely to work, even in theory. Sugary drink consumption in Britain has dropped by nearly 50 per cent since 2003, but this has not prevented a rise in obesity."
The Countdown begins. on 11:17 - Jan 28 with 2387 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 10:16 - Jan 28 by Legend83

"As an anti-obesity policy, it is unlikely to work, even in theory. Sugary drink consumption in Britain has dropped by nearly 50 per cent since 2003, but this has not prevented a rise in obesity."

Most obesity is caused by an ever more sedentary lifestyle. It’s not about the calorie intake. Many athletes can cram thousands of calories a day and stay in peak condition.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 12:43 - Jan 28 with 2365 viewskarnataka

The Countdown begins. on 10:16 - Jan 28 by Legend83

I didn't suggest that a sugar tax would reduce obesity and never thought it would but any additional revenue accrued from such a tax would at least help to a degree to offset the huge cost of obesity to the nation as a whole.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024