Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early 22:51 - Nov 23 with 1650 viewsskettyparkherbert

I often think of ex Swans players and what they would have been worth and paid if they were playing nowadays?

For example

Leighton James compared to Routeledge,Dyer, Narsignh

Robbie James/Tommy Craig compared to Ayew, Fer, Clucas, Carroll

Alan Curtis/Bob Latchford compared to Baston, Gomis, Paloski

Jeremy Charles/Speedy/Ante Rakavic compared to Kyle Bartley/Fernandez/Mawson

Wyndham Evans

There are many, many more.

The current squad of 1st team players are paid an average of £35k per week with 2 and 3 year contracts.

I suggest the above Ex Swans players if playing today would be paid even more than these boys instead of the pennies they were paid in comparison?

I wonder what they would say about it?

Any thoughts??
Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 22:56 - Nov 23 with 1641 viewsKilkennyjack

Great post. True.

What price the legend Alan Curtis ?

Beware of the Risen People

Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 23:18 - Nov 23 with 1615 viewsskettyparkherbert

Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 22:56 - Nov 23 by Kilkennyjack

Great post. True.

What price the legend Alan Curtis ?

I seriously think that if the Ex Swans legends including Curtis would be earning £100k plus a week they were playing today. They must be f**king sick.

Can you believe that even Ollie MCburrnie (no disrespect) is earning £9k a week good luck to him i guess but he is only a kid, Tammy Abraham i heard is on £50k a week and he's nearly 20 years old.

The money in the premier league is totally crazy and the current Swans squad goes to prove that.

They don't seem to give a fuk and the bottom line is even if we are relegated they would still continue to collect their £140k per month (on average) even in the championship.

They can't go wrong, the mind boggles?

One big factor in this debate is we as fans could relate to the likes of Curtis,James's,Charles Evans because they knew how much the club meant to us.

The current squad don't seem to give a fig either?
Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 23:30 - Nov 23 with 1594 viewsDarran

Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 23:18 - Nov 23 by skettyparkherbert

I seriously think that if the Ex Swans legends including Curtis would be earning £100k plus a week they were playing today. They must be f**king sick.

Can you believe that even Ollie MCburrnie (no disrespect) is earning £9k a week good luck to him i guess but he is only a kid, Tammy Abraham i heard is on £50k a week and he's nearly 20 years old.

The money in the premier league is totally crazy and the current Swans squad goes to prove that.

They don't seem to give a fuk and the bottom line is even if we are relegated they would still continue to collect their £140k per month (on average) even in the championship.

They can't go wrong, the mind boggles?

One big factor in this debate is we as fans could relate to the likes of Curtis,James's,Charles Evans because they knew how much the club meant to us.

The current squad don't seem to give a fig either?

We’ve even got a Chairman earning £10k a week these days.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 23:37 - Nov 23 with 1585 viewsskettyparkherbert

Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 23:30 - Nov 23 by Darran

Yeah, deserves it though don't he.

Chairman, DOF, chief scout, a legend in his own lunchbox?
Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 23:45 - Nov 23 with 1572 viewsKilkennyjack

Ex Swans legends born 10 or 20 year too early on 23:30 - Nov 23 by Darran

Two questions Dazza ....

Would we have any chance of getting somebody better than Huwbert for £10k a week ?
would Huwbert get any other job paying him £10k a week ?

I think we all know the answers.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024