Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UFC this morning 12:46 - Nov 24 with 2599 viewsswanjackal

John Phillips from Swansea lost again. Spirited effort but got dismantled as soon as it went to the floor. I think it shows that if a young UK fighter really wants to stand a chance of success at the highest level, they really need to move away to a gym with a grappling pedigree early in their development. You cannot just get away with walking forward taking shots and hoping to land a big bomb.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

UFC this morning on 20:47 - Nov 24 with 2475 viewsSwanjack10

Dismantled?it was a fair fight ,JP only had a few weeks to prepare for this👀did swansea proud and he wont let wales down#patience.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

UFC this morning on 21:44 - Nov 24 with 2431 viewsswanjackal

UFC this morning on 20:47 - Nov 24 by Swanjack10

Dismantled?it was a fair fight ,JP only had a few weeks to prepare for this👀did swansea proud and he wont let wales down#patience.

Yes, dismantled as soon as it was taken to the ground. The first two rounds were spirited, but they were kept standing, I couldn't understand why Holland didn't take him down early, and he rocked Holland a few times, and was rocked himself a few times (especially the body teep kick). He lost the first, but won the second. But was completely outclassed once Holland took him down, the same thing happened against Byrd too in his last fight.

Whenever he has come up against top class grapplers (Trigg and Taylor), he has been found wanting once they take him down. No doubt he has power and can take a good punch to the head, but he needs time at a good wrestling/BJJ academy,if only to improve defence, as there does not seem to be much improvement since his time at SBG,or his time in UFC will be short.

He's fun to watch, as he always has been, but he gets dismantled once his legs are taken from him. That being said, both his fights in the UFC have come against some top talent, although Byrd's hype train was derailed quickly by a Brit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

UFC this morning on 05:02 - Nov 25 with 2353 viewsScottishEddie

He is a boxer, When people start grappling hes got no plan. Hell of a hook on him though!

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

UFC this morning on 08:35 - Nov 25 with 2313 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Patience? He's 0-2 in the UFC. He'll be lucky not to be back fighting roidheads in nightclubs for £50 soon if he doesn't wise up.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

UFC this morning on 11:54 - Nov 25 with 2252 viewscontroversial_jack

You have to be an all rounder, and he isn't
UFC this morning on 14:50 - Nov 25 with 2193 views34dfgdf54

UFC this morning on 08:35 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Patience? He's 0-2 in the UFC. He'll be lucky not to be back fighting roidheads in nightclubs for £50 soon if he doesn't wise up.

He’ll be on a three fight contract, loses the next and it’s curtains unfortunately.

Out and out boxer though and not sure if he has the skillset to improve his ground work. Definitely wouldn’t want to cross him but the UFC is the premier league of fighting, massive step up from the promotions like Cage Warriors etc.
UFC this morning on 17:12 - Nov 25 with 2158 viewsswanjackal

UFC this morning on 14:50 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

He’ll be on a three fight contract, loses the next and it’s curtains unfortunately.

Out and out boxer though and not sure if he has the skillset to improve his ground work. Definitely wouldn’t want to cross him but the UFC is the premier league of fighting, massive step up from the promotions like Cage Warriors etc.

The next one in will be the most interesting one (providing he wins his fight at CW 100) and that's Jack Shore. Excellent amateur record, and has had some decent opposition so far at the national level. Has a tidy all around game, although I would hope he would look to train at a top level gym if he did make the jump, then again grappling is his forte.

Will be interesting to see if he can make the step up, as for me, apart from Johns (a possible solid 10-15 ranking fighter UFC, top 5 Bellator/One) is the only current likely male fighter from Wales to have an impact. Marshman and Phillips are fun fighters, but they are just brawlers at this stage of their careers and like said by others too, this is just not going to be sufficient to cut it at the highest level.

I can actually see the likes of Marshman and Phillips bouncing between local scenes and Bellator/UFC for single fight contracts to test new prospects.

UFC this morning on 17:13 - Nov 25 with 2156 viewsJango

UFC this morning on 14:50 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

I’m sure he signed a 4 fight contract.
Login to get fewer ads

UFC this morning on 18:28 - Nov 25 with 2120 viewsperplex

Mate he is out of his depth in the UFC, he has now been finished twice against guys who gained there first wins in the UFC against him, the other two Welsh lads Brett and Marshman have been fighting better opponents and getting a few wins as well, they will have to give Phillips a very low tier opponent for his next fight to give him a chance of getting a win but I,m pretty sure the UFC will sent him packing once his contract ends.
UFC this morning on 18:31 - Nov 25 with 2114 viewsperplex

UFC this morning on 05:02 - Nov 25 by ScottishEddie

He is a boxer, When people start grappling hes got no plan. Hell of a hook on him though!

He certainly is no Boxer lol I,d discripe him as a slugger with a bit of ko power.
UFC this morning on 18:32 - Nov 25 with 2112 viewsshimmie

UFC this morning on 17:13 - Nov 25 by Jango

I’m sure he signed a 4 fight contract.

They did mate but it doesn’t matter. They’ve cut fighters one fight in before. JP will get another crack tho cos thst was a good fight to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024