Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England's Ashes squad announced 11:44 - Jul 27 with 25494 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49138107

This series will be full of twists and turns and I think it may be more even than many think.
England's Ashes squad announced on 20:57 - Sep 15 with 579 viewsrockinjk

Papers over cracks, again no centurion

5 zip in Auz
England's Ashes squad announced on 21:07 - Sep 15 with 561 viewsdickythorpe

England's Ashes squad announced on 20:55 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

It’s never been every four years. Barring a few blips the cycle has always been English summer, then 18 months later Australian summer then two years after that English summer again.

In my lifetime in England it's more or less been every 4 years.
1981, 85, 89, 93, 97, 2001, 05, 09 , 13.
England's Ashes squad announced on 21:11 - Sep 15 with 553 viewsexiledclaseboy

England's Ashes squad announced on 21:07 - Sep 15 by dickythorpe

In my lifetime in England it's more or less been every 4 years.
1981, 85, 89, 93, 97, 2001, 05, 09 , 13.

Yeah with an away series in between those as I said. You’re talking about home series now. The last home series before this one was four years ago and the next home series will be in four years.

The 2015 series being two years after 2013 was the blip I mentioned because they changed the schedule. So in short, the ashes aren’t being played any more often than they ever have.

Poll: Tory leader

England's Ashes squad announced on 21:14 - Sep 15 with 549 viewsrockinjk

England's Ashes squad announced on 21:11 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah with an away series in between those as I said. You’re talking about home series now. The last home series before this one was four years ago and the next home series will be in four years.

The 2015 series being two years after 2013 was the blip I mentioned because they changed the schedule. So in short, the ashes aren’t being played any more often than they ever have.

Smart arse
England's Ashes squad announced on 21:42 - Sep 15 with 523 viewsdickythorpe

But anyway, Smith , "that" Stokes innings, Cummins and Archer were great to watch.
Some players will have to take stock of where they are.

The white ball game for England is rosy with many fine young players out there.

The test team will be a work in progress, but I hope England have the guts to go with youth.

I like the Curran brothers and think Glammy's Douthwaite could be one to keep an eye on.
England's Ashes squad announced on 08:15 - Sep 16 with 406 views34dfgdf54

England's Ashes squad announced on 21:42 - Sep 15 by dickythorpe

But anyway, Smith , "that" Stokes innings, Cummins and Archer were great to watch.
Some players will have to take stock of where they are.

The white ball game for England is rosy with many fine young players out there.

The test team will be a work in progress, but I hope England have the guts to go with youth.

I like the Curran brothers and think Glammy's Douthwaite could be one to keep an eye on.

That Curran lad is dangerous over here, will get tonked everywhere in Australian conditions though (I reckon, with my limited knowledge)

Cracking series though fair play. Australia c*cked up badly in the third test letting it slip.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 8:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024