Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too light weight in the boiler house 21:36 - Sep 28 with 1824 viewsskettyparkherbert

Watching the subs warming up at half time and i thought the under 16s were out there.

Tom Carrol, Danda and Dyer. Surely too lightweight to come on and make an impression?

Byers also too lightweight today as was Celina too, they couldn't tackle a good dinner between the 5 of them.
Too light weight in the boiler house on 21:55 - Sep 28 with 1774 viewsdickythorpe

We were saying that 8 years ago.....we survived for several years until duff players cost us not lightweight ones (Ki aside)
Too light weight in the boiler house on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 1761 viewsZaxx

Whilst I don't entirely agree with you, you have a valid point imo.
Consider Carroll and Celina in midfield. Plenty of work and guile but no chance of either making a tackle and winning the ball bar taking it away from a player's feet..
Currently we have Grimes, a nice footballer with a tackle in him; Fulton, who has plenty of dog in him but is relatively slow and Byers, who clearly has some quality but doesn't have much of a turn of pace either.
I'm pinning my hopes on us being close enough to the top of the table come December for our illustrious (lol) owners to invest in a genuinely quick, tough, ball winning and ball playing midfielder. Failing that, a solid holding MF to give Grimes a bit of licence to express himself and get around the pitch a bit more. Maybe that would allow Celina (who flatters to deceive too much) or a fit Routledge to play as a pivot higher up the pitch.
If only Leon was 10 years younger.. Would you really say that despite his diminutive height he was lightweight too?
Too light weight in the boiler house on 22:02 - Sep 28 with 1747 viewsdickythorpe

The thing is whenever we've had a "dog" they've been a walking yellow card
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 22:36]
Too light weight in the boiler house on 02:46 - Sep 29 with 1540 viewsKilkennyjack

The Reading 8 did exactly that job today.

A real presence at the heart of their midfield. Tough as they come.
He allowed others - like 14 - to play.

Minder.

Beware of the Risen People

Too light weight in the boiler house on 05:09 - Sep 29 with 1487 viewsTimTtam

My thoughts exactly OP.

It is a concern, but I don't know who we can bring in now to change that. It's hard, because I think Fulton is a bench player in terms of football ability, but he holds his own in the midfield and can win the ball back. Celina and Byers are the opposite.

For the time being, I guess we just have to work on 1-on-1 contests in training. Imo we look like a top 6 side in attack and defense. If the midfield improves, then we should be in with a good chance.

EDIT - Chief pointed out Wilmot in another thread. He could be a game-changer coming on into the midfield with 20 mins left. Can't hurt to try.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 5:15]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024