Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH 16:50 - Dec 26 with 3513 viewsdickythorpe

Was he fit traveling up?
VDH on 16:52 - Dec 26 with 2909 viewslifelong

Injured in the warm up...apparently.
VDH on 16:54 - Dec 26 with 2896 viewsFireboy2

Nor was wilmot apparently.
VDH on 16:56 - Dec 26 with 2875 viewsCooperman

VDH on 16:54 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

That explains a lot.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

VDH on 17:30 - Dec 26 with 2737 viewsBadlands

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

VDH on 17:34 - Dec 26 with 2729 viewsFireboy2

VDH on 17:30 - Dec 26 by Badlands

Why is that funny apologist?
VDH on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 2691 viewsHighjack

He hasn’t looked fit in months.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

VDH on 19:51 - Dec 26 with 2514 viewsicecoldjack

Wilmot looked a proper donkey today, fair play to him .
VDH on 22:07 - Dec 26 with 2357 viewsPentyrchJack

I'm a conspiracy theorist and think the timing is too coincidental (a bit like Fer's injury last season), although I'm struggling to think why any decent club would want to buy Mike at the moment.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Login to get fewer ads

VDH on 22:22 - Dec 26 with 2324 viewsFireboy2

VDH on 19:51 - Dec 26 by icecoldjack

Wilmot looked a proper donkey today, fair play to him .

As ive said earlier and was called out by the apologist BL, wilmot is carrying a groin injury and wasnt 100 % for todays game, thats why he was on the bench, i bet watford arent happy with him having to play 90 mins whilst carrying an injury.

Wouldnt surprise me if they recalled him, if vdh does leave in january we are fvcked at the back as the yanks are unlikely to bring anyone in.
VDH on 10:29 - Dec 27 with 2087 viewsTimTtam

VDH on 22:22 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

As ive said earlier and was called out by the apologist BL, wilmot is carrying a groin injury and wasnt 100 % for todays game, thats why he was on the bench, i bet watford arent happy with him having to play 90 mins whilst carrying an injury.

Wouldnt surprise me if they recalled him, if vdh does leave in january we are fvcked at the back as the yanks are unlikely to bring anyone in.

I saw on Twitter yesterday that Watford are likely to keep Wilmot on loan with us until the season's end. Not sure who made the comments (I think it an exert from an article), but they seemed genuine. I would find it if I could remember who tweeted it.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

VDH on 10:30 - Dec 27 with 2084 viewsKGriz16

He's been sh*te since Cardiff game. Always dragged out of position leaving humongous gaps
VDH on 12:12 - Dec 27 with 1998 viewspencoedjack

When is Rodon back?
VDH on 12:13 - Dec 27 with 1997 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 12:12 - Dec 27 by pencoedjack

When is Rodon back?

He's training now afaik.
VDH on 13:23 - Dec 27 with 1916 viewstheloneranger

Joe started his first training session the beginning of last week and he's hoping to be back the 2nd or 3rd week of January.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

VDH on 15:48 - Dec 27 with 1849 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 22:22 - Dec 26 by Fireboy2

Most players are carrying knocks this time of the season, it doesn't explain how he cant keep touch tight to his markers though, and it really doesn't explain why his positioning is so poor .

If his injury was that much of a concern the medical staff would have ruled him out I suspect, if he was fit enough for the bench then he would/should have been fit enough to start .

It seems we are getting more clueless as the season wears on, that's my biggest worry, VDH is a big player for us but looks like he will be off, didn't happen for him in the summer, maybe will sign a pre contract .

Hope we can keep him but the club is on a downward curve and I think players sniff that out and move asap.
VDH on 19:21 - Dec 27 with 1742 viewsBadlands

All through the Brentford game Wilmot was taking up the position of a CDM and leaving Cabango and Bidwell to cover.
Why not just play him at CDM where we are crying out for a player like him.
Groin strain? Not buying it.
Sounds like an apology for a poor performance!

VDH on 00:19 - Dec 28 with 1601 viewsNotLoyal

VDH on 22:07 - Dec 26 by PentyrchJack

I'm a conspiracy theorist and think the timing is too coincidental (a bit like Fer's injury last season), although I'm struggling to think why any decent club would want to buy Mike at the moment.

It's not the first time I tend to agree.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

VDH on 00:33 - Dec 28 with 1595 viewsBadlands

VDH on 22:07 - Dec 26 by PentyrchJack

Had he not been expected to start I'd probably agree but as he did warm up I think its unlikely.
However he may, he's twice been persuaded to stay but not being made captain this season is a slap in the face IMO. More sos as the present incumbent is having an awful season and shows o leadership skills.
We'd probably bing in another under 19 to help another club but tbh Cabango and Rodon wouldn't be the end of the world for us.
Even Naughton, Cabango and Wilmot might work with the RB adding some much needed solidity in defence and experience across the back.

VDH on 07:45 - Dec 28 with 1499 viewsBillyChong

The commentary team stated before kick off that Wilmot was not 100% and carrying an injury.
VDH on 09:38 - Dec 28 with 1439 viewsBrynmill_Jack

VDH on 15:48 - Dec 27 by icecoldjack

Most players are carrying knocks this time of the season, it doesn't explain how he cant keep touch tight to his markers though, and it really doesn't explain why his positioning is so poor .

If his injury was that much of a concern the medical staff would have ruled him out I suspect, if he was fit enough for the bench then he would/should have been fit enough to start .

It seems we are getting more clueless as the season wears on, that's my biggest worry, VDH is a big player for us but looks like he will be off, didn't happen for him in the summer, maybe will sign a pre contract .

Hope we can keep him but the club is on a downward curve and I think players sniff that out and move asap.

With all due respect, a groin injury isn’t a knock you can run off. It seriously curtails you’re running ability and movements. Poor sod should have been left at home to rest and recover. If he aggravates that it could affect him for weeks and weeks.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

VDH on 09:44 - Dec 28 with 1428 viewsBrynmill_Jack

VDH on 07:45 - Dec 28 by BillyChong

The commentary team stated before kick off that Wilmot was not 100% and carrying an injury.

One has to ask - why not play Naughton as Centre half then?

Also, it gives me a sense of optimism. Considering we played two rookie centre backs, one 19 and one injured 20 year old with (Carroll apart) hardly any midfield cover and were right in the game until the 3rd went in Brentford can’t have been THAT good. One good MF in for January and we’re in with a shout.

VDH on 10:43 - Dec 28 with 1392 viewsAlgorfajack

VDH on 07:45 - Dec 28 by BillyChong

At the same time they mentioned that Ben Cabango was also carrying a knock

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

VDH on 12:46 - Dec 28 with 1296 viewsBadlands

VDH on 09:44 - Dec 28 by Brynmill_Jack

One has to ask - why not play Naughton as Centre half then?

Also, it gives me a sense of optimism. Considering we played two rookie centre backs, one 19 and one injured 20 year old with (Carroll apart) hardly any midfield cover and were right in the game until the 3rd went in Brentford can’t have been THAT good. One good MF in for January and we’re in with a shout.

'Carrying a knock' doesn't explain his positioning throughout the game!
For me, the choice between Wilmot and Cabango was settled at Brentford.
Cabango is a far better CB.

VDH on 18:29 - Dec 28 with 1154 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 09:38 - Dec 28 by Brynmill_Jack

With all due respect, a groin injury isn’t a knock you can run off. It seriously curtails you’re running ability and movements. Poor sod should have been left at home to rest and recover. If he aggravates that it could affect him for weeks and weeks.

As I said in my post, if his injury is serious enough then he should be ruled out.

Neither you nor I know what his injury is or even if he has one at all !

Anyway, he s not been too impressive so far, let's hope it's a niggle that means he will improve and get better .
VDH on 21:09 - Dec 28 with 1078 viewsBrynmill_Jack

VDH on 18:29 - Dec 28 by icecoldjack

As I said in my post, if his injury is serious enough then he should be ruled out.

Neither you nor I know what his injury is or even if he has one at all !

Anyway, he s not been too impressive so far, let's hope it's a niggle that means he will improve and get better .

Away at Wigan he was colossal. Chased their star centre forward into the box and pinched the ball of him with a perfectly executed slide tackle got up and ran away with the ball.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024