Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool tonight 19:29 - Feb 4 with 5236 viewsSgorioFruit

Ok, so while the word Liverpool will sound revolting to a lot of people on here. I need to ask a question.
Have those youngsters got enough about them to beat Shrewsbury tonight?
Asking purely from a betting point of view.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Liverpool tonight on 16:15 - Feb 5 with 945 viewsTimTtam

Liverpool tonight on 10:39 - Feb 5 by NotLoyal

I think he believes a winter break means just that, unlike other sides like Newcastle.

No other English leagues have a winter break, yet their teams seem to cope year after year. And that's factoring in the fact that PL clubs play 8 less league games.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Liverpool tonight on 19:08 - Feb 5 with 881 viewsBobbyBacala

Liverpool tonight on 16:15 - Feb 5 by TimTtam

No other English leagues have a winter break, yet their teams seem to cope year after year. And that's factoring in the fact that PL clubs play 8 less league games.

To take Liverpool as an example, this summer they had Alison, Fabinho and Firmino playing the Copa America, Mane and Salah at the African Cup and van Dijk, Henderson and maybe Gomez at the Nation's League. Since then they've played 6 games in the Champions League (with at least another 2 to go) and 2 in Qatar, as well as various reserve teams in the domestic cup.

If there was a way that the Football League could make money from a winter break (it's no coincidence that all 10 Premier League games are on TV), there probably won't be one - it's not a matter of the other leagues coping or not.

Until then it's up to Klopp how he manages his team. He's hardly the first manager to 'disrespect' the cup and won't be the last. If he and his team of fitness scientists think a fortnight off is the best way of keeping his players fresh for the Champions League, going the season unbeaten and reducing the risk of injury during Euro 2020 (i.e. managing his club) he can do what he likes.

And I say all this as someone who cannot stand Liverpool.
Liverpool tonight on 07:37 - Feb 6 with 800 viewsTimTtam

Liverpool tonight on 19:08 - Feb 5 by BobbyBacala

To take Liverpool as an example, this summer they had Alison, Fabinho and Firmino playing the Copa America, Mane and Salah at the African Cup and van Dijk, Henderson and maybe Gomez at the Nation's League. Since then they've played 6 games in the Champions League (with at least another 2 to go) and 2 in Qatar, as well as various reserve teams in the domestic cup.

If there was a way that the Football League could make money from a winter break (it's no coincidence that all 10 Premier League games are on TV), there probably won't be one - it's not a matter of the other leagues coping or not.

Until then it's up to Klopp how he manages his team. He's hardly the first manager to 'disrespect' the cup and won't be the last. If he and his team of fitness scientists think a fortnight off is the best way of keeping his players fresh for the Champions League, going the season unbeaten and reducing the risk of injury during Euro 2020 (i.e. managing his club) he can do what he likes.

And I say all this as someone who cannot stand Liverpool.

I know that many teams rest their best players for the cups. But it's the fact that zero first team players featured and that Klopp didn't even manage the game, that annoys me the most.

He could've played only a few first team players and been manager for the game, and I wouldn't have a problem. Even fringe players from the bench. But it was literally Liverpool U23s vs Shrewsbury. It's the EFL Trophy all over again.

I just tend to rant about the privileges the big 6 get. Especially given that several lower league clubs are struggling financially, yet Liverpool moan about having to play too many games (increased revenue).

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024