Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easyjet 19:13 - Apr 8 with 749 viewsCatullus

Just had this from Greenpeace,

Hi

The UK government has handed out a publicly funded, £600 million loan to EasyJet. [1]

This comes just weeks after the founder of EasyJet received a £60 million pay-out from company profits - while the airline also asked its staff to take unpaid leave. [2]

We’d hope that any government loan would go to support their employees during this crisis. However, given EasyJet’s track record, it’s hard to be sure.

It’s also been revealed that across the world airline lobbyists are pushing governments to roll back environmental taxes that are there to try and protect our climate. [3] It’s outrageous.

That’s why we need to come together and call on the government to protect the vulnerable among us and protect employees. And before no-strings-attached bailouts are handed out to major polluting industries, our government must also make sure the money will drive positive change for both the climate and nature - no exceptions.

Can you call on the government to use public money to support both people and the environment?

There's a petiton running.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Easyjet on 20:07 - Apr 8 with 659 viewslonglostjack

As long as that self-serving twaaat Branson doesn’t get bailed out. Where is sunny boy these days? And Bono and dare I say it Sir Tom?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Easyjet on 20:09 - Apr 8 with 652 viewsBest_loser

Oh yes, stelios, the longtime adviser to the tory party
Easyjet on 20:15 - Apr 8 with 623 viewsbuilthjack

EasyJet paid out £174m in dividends to shareholders 2 weeks ago.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Easyjet on 21:43 - Apr 8 with 538 viewssP7qupUf

Easyjet on 20:07 - Apr 8 by longlostjack

As long as that self-serving twaaat Branson doesn’t get bailed out. Where is sunny boy these days? And Bono and dare I say it Sir Tom?

Ironic if Virgin get a pay out as they refused to help Flybee get over the problems of C19 which pushed it to the brink even though they had an interest in the company.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024