Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest season ticket update 14:28 - Oct 6 with 6174 views1MoreBrightonR

So from the email I got from the club, my understanding is season ticket holders now don't get access to the online games and they will deduct the £10 per game from my refund.

My question is this... I want to keep my season ticket in case they eventually allow fans in but don't want to pay for every game online. This doesn't seem to be an option or am I misreading this?
Latest season ticket update on 13:22 - Oct 8 with 2095 viewsPinnerPaul

Latest season ticket update on 10:57 - Oct 8 by StevenageRanger

My lad (16) has a Season Ticket and goes each week with my parents. I didn't renew this year but now my lad has to pay £280 to watch the games at home when it was £99 in the stadium! No real complaints apart from including the midweek away games in the 'deal' and therefore forcing me to pay £10 for games I may not want to watch. Not sure they can really do that when the Season Ticket is for home games. I did raise and to be fair they replied and said I could cancel ticket, but like the OP, don't want to lose the chance for him to go back this season. Parents have cancelled and by keeping his the bubble stays.

I do feel for clubs as must be a nightmare sorting all this. I bet they cant wait for the day when people are moaning about cramped seats, kids in Lower Loft, Dirty Toilets and the price of food :)

You CAN still get your seat back with a pro rata ST later this season IF the virus allows, even if you cancel now.
Latest season ticket update on 13:24 - Oct 8 with 2092 viewsCliff

Latest season ticket update on 10:08 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

Well the club stated that they had to comply with league rules and I don't have any evidence to challenge that. I had hoped they would be able to do a cheaper deal, I suggested a £199 season ticket, and as there are two of us that watch, I would have been happy to make a voluntary donation of £100 for the additional viewer. However, it seems that wasn't possible. We have now cancelled the additional season ticket so the cost is similar to what I was going to pay.

The original offer was a short term one which could be withdrawn at their discretion and we have already had two matches for free.

Anyway they need the revenue.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 10:29]

The evidence to challenge it was their previous offer.

As for the club needing the revenue, if they needed money that bad they would have saved more with one less signing
Latest season ticket update on 13:26 - Oct 8 with 2085 viewsPinnerPaul

Latest season ticket update on 13:24 - Oct 8 by Cliff

The evidence to challenge it was their previous offer.

As for the club needing the revenue, if they needed money that bad they would have saved more with one less signing

and in that previous offer they said it would be reviewed by EFL/Sky/the club in October - no way did they offer free streams for the whole of 20/21.
Latest season ticket update on 15:00 - Oct 8 with 2019 viewsfrancisbowles

Latest season ticket update on 13:26 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

and in that previous offer they said it would be reviewed by EFL/Sky/the club in October - no way did they offer free streams for the whole of 20/21.

Latest season ticket update on 15:21 - Oct 8 with 2005 views1MoreBrightonR

Just cancelled my season ticket. would rather not, but dont watch many games online, and if i do, its often with other people who have access. I donated my refund at the end of last season to the club but for my case, this year feels like im donating £280 given i barely use the online streams. not quite prepared to do that.
Latest season ticket update on 17:02 - Oct 8 with 1942 viewsCliff

Latest season ticket update on 13:26 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

Someone is not listening, either that or I'm not explaining it very well.

Normally when you buy an ST there is a shall saving over the normal ticket price, generally seen as a reward for loyalty in committing for the whole season. I was saying that reward doesn't seem to have been applied her. There is no difference in cost between buying the streams individually and an ST.

I accept that the EFL have set the price for individual streams at £10, but the fact that QPR could offer free streams when they thought that we might be allowed into some games shows there IS flexibility for ST's. For instance they could have said that for those supporters that have bought an ST the next 2 games will be free and the following 26 will be charged which would have been ~7% discount, inline with normal ST practice.

I am not, and have never suggested that we should get the whole season free. I do however think that some people will opt for pay as you go offer and save money when they can't view a game for whatever reason, and as all of us ST holder know, if the team is doing well there are more walk up tickets sold, if we are on a bad run, there are less. I think we might see the same with streams so if the ST came with a discount they might have actually got more money in the long run.
Latest season ticket update on 17:51 - Oct 8 with 1906 viewsPinnerPaul

Latest season ticket update on 17:02 - Oct 8 by Cliff

Someone is not listening, either that or I'm not explaining it very well.

Normally when you buy an ST there is a shall saving over the normal ticket price, generally seen as a reward for loyalty in committing for the whole season. I was saying that reward doesn't seem to have been applied her. There is no difference in cost between buying the streams individually and an ST.

I accept that the EFL have set the price for individual streams at £10, but the fact that QPR could offer free streams when they thought that we might be allowed into some games shows there IS flexibility for ST's. For instance they could have said that for those supporters that have bought an ST the next 2 games will be free and the following 26 will be charged which would have been ~7% discount, inline with normal ST practice.

I am not, and have never suggested that we should get the whole season free. I do however think that some people will opt for pay as you go offer and save money when they can't view a game for whatever reason, and as all of us ST holder know, if the team is doing well there are more walk up tickets sold, if we are on a bad run, there are less. I think we might see the same with streams so if the ST came with a discount they might have actually got more money in the long run.

Fair points Cliff, but what we don't know is how much flexibility the CLUB have as opposed to having to do what Sky(mainly)/EFL tell them to do.

Whatever people think of them Sky have paid money for one thing and are perfectly entitled to demand that - ie exclusive coverage with limited access to clubs eg pre pandemic only overseas subscribers could watch Sat 3pm games live.

I'm guessing EFL have said OK fair enough you are still getting all your live games but clubs are in trouble here so how about a gesture and allow ST holders free acccess - it won't be for long, fans will start back in October and if that goes well, we should have normality by November. Of course, as we know, normality now looks a long way off so EFL/Sky/Club have gone for the 'solution' they have albeit with the, I think generous offer to get your money back now and pay for the streams whilst retaining your ST 'status' ie you can stlll buy your seat for any games we ARE allowed back this season and regardless if you do that or not you can still have your seat for 21/22.

I get that now the £10 figure is out there, your logic in expecting a discount on that, but for me personally with a gold adult, I'm still going to get £270 back plus I get to see 7 away games that I wouldn't have seen at all pre covid for my £550.
Latest season ticket update on 21:14 - Oct 8 with 1824 viewsfrancisbowles

One more point Cliff you use the word normally. The situation is far from normal so it is unrealistic to compare a discount you get when you purchase a season ticket with the current offer.

In a way, you have had a reduction already, as you have had two matches for free unlike non season ticket holders who have had to pay the £10.

You also made a point about revenue and players bought. The club exists to to entertain and improve. Buying players is why they require revenue, to improve the team and our enjoyment of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Latest season ticket update on 14:22 - Oct 9 with 1700 viewsdaveB

could be worse, could have to pay for Sky and then £15 on top of that to see a game

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/09/premier-league-matches-shown-pay
Latest season ticket update on 15:16 - Oct 9 with 1641 viewshamptonhillhoop

Latest season ticket update on 14:22 - Oct 9 by daveB

could be worse, could have to pay for Sky and then £15 on top of that to see a game

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/09/premier-league-matches-shown-pay

What worries me about all this is that this will become the norm, even when fans return to the grounds. Once people get this offered to them, and get used to it, especially the fans of the big teams who never go near a live game, I think it will become more prevalent.
Latest season ticket update on 15:21 - Oct 9 with 1634 viewsPinnerPaul

One last thing - 90' to go I realise.

Lee Hoos said on offy that if you want to keep ST and NOT watch ANY streams, that is possible, then you will get full refund or credit to next season's ST.

You retain ballot rights if that happens but if you watch ONE stream then the £280 willbe deducted.

Check Hoos interview on offy, email box office if you want to take up that option.
Latest season ticket update on 15:46 - Oct 9 with 1606 viewsdaveB

Latest season ticket update on 15:16 - Oct 9 by hamptonhillhoop

What worries me about all this is that this will become the norm, even when fans return to the grounds. Once people get this offered to them, and get used to it, especially the fans of the big teams who never go near a live game, I think it will become more prevalent.

Yeah I think for the Premier league that is something that will happen a lot more
Latest season ticket update on 15:47 - Oct 9 with 1604 views1MoreBrightonR

Latest season ticket update on 15:21 - Oct 9 by PinnerPaul

One last thing - 90' to go I realise.

Lee Hoos said on offy that if you want to keep ST and NOT watch ANY streams, that is possible, then you will get full refund or credit to next season's ST.

You retain ballot rights if that happens but if you watch ONE stream then the £280 willbe deducted.

Check Hoos interview on offy, email box office if you want to take up that option.

When i emailed the box office and explained why i was cancelling, i wasn't given this option. I pretty clearly said i wasn't interested in the games online.
Latest season ticket update on 16:02 - Oct 9 with 1577 viewsPinnerPaul

Latest season ticket update on 15:47 - Oct 9 by 1MoreBrightonR

When i emailed the box office and explained why i was cancelling, i wasn't given this option. I pretty clearly said i wasn't interested in the games online.

Yes I was surprised to hear Lee Hoos say that. As I say double check yourself on the offy is probably best way to go.
Latest season ticket update on 17:06 - Oct 9 with 1547 viewsdaveB

Latest season ticket update on 15:47 - Oct 9 by 1MoreBrightonR

I think what he meant on that interview was that you can cancel the ticket now but still hold your seat to renew next season which means you don't have to pay for any streams you don't want
Latest season ticket update on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 1512 viewsCliff

For those that are interested I have kept my ST but cancelled my sons (both adult) so if we do get back in I can reinstate the whole family and who knows maybe even get to a match.
Latest season ticket update on 09:19 - Oct 10 with 1428 viewsPinnerPaul

Latest season ticket update on 17:06 - Oct 9 by daveB

I think what he meant on that interview was that you can cancel the ticket now but still hold your seat to renew next season which means you don't have to pay for any streams you don't want

Possibly Dave, but this did seem to be a different scenario as the question was asked separately.
Latest season ticket update on 11:22 - Oct 10 with 1386 viewsstowmarketrange

Latest season ticket update on 18:20 - Oct 9 by Cliff

For those that are interested I have kept my ST but cancelled my sons (both adult) so if we do get back in I can reinstate the whole family and who knows maybe even get to a match.

I did the same mate.I kept mine but cancelled my grandson’s and nephew’s ones.I hope we can get back soon.
Latest season ticket update on 10:08 - Oct 11 with 1319 viewsGloryHunter

Latest season ticket update on 15:16 - Oct 9 by hamptonhillhoop

Whatever your views of Nick Hornby, he did predict in Fever Pitch - nearly 30 years ago - that one day the TV companies might have to start paying supporters to attend games, in order to provide the background and noise for their product.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024