Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford University President Forced To Step Down Amid Racism Controversy 20:05 - Mar 20 with 1228 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The first Indian female president of Oxford University's students' union has said she was subjected to a racist 'cyber lynching' before she was forced to resign.

She told the Indian Express: 'There was a conscious attempt made to unearth posts made by me...It was only after I won that they were brought up.' She claimed she had been a victim of a 'cancel culture mob' fuelled by 'anti-Hindu prejudice'.

In one post, she had captioned a photo of herself in Malaysia with the words 'Ching Chang'.

She was also accused of being 'insensitive' to Jews after posting a photo at the Berlin Holocaust Memorial, saying: 'The memorial *CASTS* a *HOLLOW* dream of the past atrocities.' When told her actions were perceived as insensitive, she replied: 'I don't agree with you there.'

Ironically she ran on a campaign promising to "shine a light on racial injustices for members of the BAME community". Once, again, it appears Jews don't count? I suspect Rashmi would have been parachuted into a Labour safe seat upon graduation had she held British citizenship.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9383629/First-Indian-female-president-O
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 20:07]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024