Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets 16:39 - Apr 21 with 4328 views9MilesHigh

Bear me with me here as I have got the worst memory ever but I'm trying to remember the name of a sweet from back in my school days.

They came in thin, but solid (if not a bit brittle) strips, maybe an inch and a half/two inches tall, from memory goldeny-yellow in colour and tightly wrapped and if they'd been in your blazer pocket all afternoon, sometimes a bugger to rip the wrapper off.

I think they were cola-based in flavour, but not exactly cola if that makes any sense at all. I've got maybe a burgundy colour wrapper in my head but this is where it's getting really fuzzy.

Done the google search but can't seem to find them, they've probably been long discontinued but I used to love them.... and want one now. Anyone?
Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 15:48 - Apr 22 with 432 viewsCatullus

Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 12:53 - Apr 22 by 9MilesHigh

No, they weren't and you should be ashamed of yourself growing up in a sweet shop for not knowing ;-)

It was 45 years ago, I've had a lot of alcohol since then

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 17:58 - Apr 22 with 402 viewslondonlisa2001

Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 15:29 - Apr 22 by 9MilesHigh

Haha no, not sherbert.

A finger size brittle stick, cola-ish flavour (but i'm even doubting myself with that now) I'll have to ask some school mates.

Right. The problem is there were two refreshers. One made by Swizzle and one by Trebor Bassett. The pictures you see now are Swizzle as they won a court case over IP against Trebor who had to stop using the name. Think caterpillar cakes. That is why we’ve all come up with the same pictures which aren’t right.

It may be you are thinking of these. Picture obviously illegally obtained from the dark web. Not really. A woman had them on Pinterest. If not. No idea. But these fit your description and recollection of names.

Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 18:25 - Apr 22 with 396 viewsbritferry

Space Dust - it used to explode in your mouth when you ate it

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 18:30 - Apr 22 with 392 viewslondonlisa2001

Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 18:25 - Apr 22 by britferry

Space Dust - it used to explode in your mouth when you ate it

I remember one French class when we all had it at the same time to annoy the teacher.

Quite a racket when everyone opened their mouth.

Blackjacks were the best.
Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 20:03 - Apr 22 with 368 viewsbritferry

Old Tuck Shop 80's sweets on 18:30 - Apr 22 by londonlisa2001

I remember one French class when we all had it at the same time to annoy the teacher.

Quite a racket when everyone opened their mouth.

Blackjacks were the best.

saying the answer in Welsh always worked for me

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024