Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans ladies 11:46 - May 26 with 1016 viewsBoundy

Could it be 4 out of 4 for the ladies

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2021/05/25/welsh-premier-cup-final-three-key-battles/

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swans ladies on 12:19 - May 26 with 1005 viewsshaggyrogers

The ladies can do the league and cup double this week and secure a place in the Womens champions league. They have played Cardiff 3 times this season 3-0, 6-1 and 6-0 on Sunday. I would be very surprised if they don't win the cup tonight.
In the league they are equal with Cardiff Met on points and goal difference with a game in hand. I draw on Sunday will suffice.
Swans ladies on 16:14 - May 26 with 958 viewsKeithHaynes

Excellent thread. If you look on the buttons at the top of the site there is a latest twitter news feed for the ladies side too 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans ladies on 21:07 - May 26 with 917 viewsBoundy

O dear never mind, definitely looking good value

https://twitter.com/SwansLadies

Swans ladies on 21:52 - May 26 with 892 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans ladies on 08:08 - May 27 with 843 viewsBoundy

Great result for the ladies , just the league left to top off a great season for them

Swans ladies on 10:43 - Jun 2 with 740 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City Ladies claimed their fifth domestic title on Sunday, and retained the Orchard Welsh Premier Women's League trophy for the first time in a decade as a 0-0 draw against Abergavenny Women on the final day edged them above rivals Cardiff Met by a single point.
The title went down to the wire, but it was Colin Staples' side who held their nerve when it mattered to clinch the title and with it claim a place in the UEFA Women's Champions League next season. It proved to be a successful week for the side, as just a few days before they lifted the League Cup with a convincing 4-1 win over Cardiff City at Dragon Park.

“I'm more than happy!” captain Alicia Powe told Sgorio after the draw on Sunday. “What can I say, we're all delighted. We've gone on and obviously retained the title. What a relief! [The Champions League] is a great experience to be a part of and everyone is really excited, even though we know we've got a break. But the atmosphere right now in the team is beyond.”

Undefeated throughout the campaign heading into the final day, the Swans knew that avoiding a first defeat of the season would be enough to get over the line and finish above Cardiff Met. Having taken four points off the Archers during the season, the title was theirs to lose, but a resolute performance from Abergavenny at Llandarcy made it a frustrating afternoon, especially when Emma Beynon's penalty was saved by goalkeeper Zara Pernalete and Shaunna Jenkins saw her header cleared off the line.

However, the 0-0 draw proved to be enough for the side to complete the domestic double in a campaign that saw them concede just one league goal in the process. “We have just won the national league and the national league cup and we are going to Europe,” Staples explained to the official Swansea City website. “Not many people get that opportunity. The season has been a massive learning curve with myself coming in and the players needing to adapt to my thoughts and the other way round, as well. It has been a progressive season and I think you can’t ask for more than what we have done.”

The only defeat that Swansea City suffered during the course of the campaign was in the UWCL as talented Cypriot outfit Apollon Limassol made the most of their home advantage in the one-off tie to claim a 3-0 victory in November last year. However, there were enough positives for Staples and his players to take back to the domestic campaign, and the side responded by ensuring that they earned themselves a return to the European stage next season.

Swansea have also won the league cup.
The Swans scored an impressive 53 goals in their 16 WPWL games this season, a return bettered only by runners-up Cardiff Met who hit 60 goals, but it was the Swans' 15 clean-sheets that ultimately proved to be decisive. Surprisingly, their three draws were all goalless affairs, while the only time they scored seven was against the only team who managed to score against them as Briton Ferry Llansawel were defeated 7-1 in November 2020.

“In the Champions League we did ourselves and Wales proud in our game out in Cyprus,” Staples added. “It has been a long season and I couldn’t be prouder. Swansea City has been like a second family for me and it has been a difficult season for me personally off the pitch. The Ladies have really been a great support and, on behalf of myself and my wife, I would like to thank them for what they have done for me. Now we are looking forward to next season to do it all again.”

The re-structure of the domestic women's game in Wales from next season means that Swansea City can expect a different type of challenge if they are to make it a hat-trick of consecutive titles. However, the immediate focus will be on making a big impression in Europe when the new season begins, and winning back-to-back titles will give this talented the side the belief that anything is possible.

Swans ladies on 12:45 - Jun 2 with 718 viewsBoundy

Swans ladies on 10:43 - Jun 2 by KeithHaynes

Swansea City Ladies claimed their fifth domestic title on Sunday, and retained the Orchard Welsh Premier Women's League trophy for the first time in a decade as a 0-0 draw against Abergavenny Women on the final day edged them above rivals Cardiff Met by a single point.
The title went down to the wire, but it was Colin Staples' side who held their nerve when it mattered to clinch the title and with it claim a place in the UEFA Women's Champions League next season. It proved to be a successful week for the side, as just a few days before they lifted the League Cup with a convincing 4-1 win over Cardiff City at Dragon Park.

“I'm more than happy!” captain Alicia Powe told Sgorio after the draw on Sunday. “What can I say, we're all delighted. We've gone on and obviously retained the title. What a relief! [The Champions League] is a great experience to be a part of and everyone is really excited, even though we know we've got a break. But the atmosphere right now in the team is beyond.”

Undefeated throughout the campaign heading into the final day, the Swans knew that avoiding a first defeat of the season would be enough to get over the line and finish above Cardiff Met. Having taken four points off the Archers during the season, the title was theirs to lose, but a resolute performance from Abergavenny at Llandarcy made it a frustrating afternoon, especially when Emma Beynon's penalty was saved by goalkeeper Zara Pernalete and Shaunna Jenkins saw her header cleared off the line.

However, the 0-0 draw proved to be enough for the side to complete the domestic double in a campaign that saw them concede just one league goal in the process. “We have just won the national league and the national league cup and we are going to Europe,” Staples explained to the official Swansea City website. “Not many people get that opportunity. The season has been a massive learning curve with myself coming in and the players needing to adapt to my thoughts and the other way round, as well. It has been a progressive season and I think you can’t ask for more than what we have done.”

The only defeat that Swansea City suffered during the course of the campaign was in the UWCL as talented Cypriot outfit Apollon Limassol made the most of their home advantage in the one-off tie to claim a 3-0 victory in November last year. However, there were enough positives for Staples and his players to take back to the domestic campaign, and the side responded by ensuring that they earned themselves a return to the European stage next season.

The Swans scored an impressive 53 goals in their 16 WPWL games this season, a return bettered only by runners-up Cardiff Met who hit 60 goals, but it was the Swans' 15 clean-sheets that ultimately proved to be decisive. Surprisingly, their three draws were all goalless affairs, while the only time they scored seven was against the only team who managed to score against them as Briton Ferry Llansawel were defeated 7-1 in November 2020.

“In the Champions League we did ourselves and Wales proud in our game out in Cyprus,” Staples added. “It has been a long season and I couldn’t be prouder. Swansea City has been like a second family for me and it has been a difficult season for me personally off the pitch. The Ladies have really been a great support and, on behalf of myself and my wife, I would like to thank them for what they have done for me. Now we are looking forward to next season to do it all again.”

The re-structure of the domestic women's game in Wales from next season means that Swansea City can expect a different type of challenge if they are to make it a hat-trick of consecutive titles. However, the immediate focus will be on making a big impression in Europe when the new season begins, and winning back-to-back titles will give this talented the side the belief that anything is possible.

Well done & well deserved , but I think atm the league's too small for them .

Swans ladies on 13:01 - Jun 2 with 707 viewsVincent_Vega

Great for the Swansea Ladies team, Back Swansea in any contest. Pardon my ignorance but it seems from afar that they keep p1ssing the competition every season is it possible to apply to the English system or am I being massively naïve? not a wind up just genuinely asking.

Also while we're at it what is the newly reformed league system proposed? I've heard some teams feel properly aggrieved.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024