Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 17:02 - Aug 7 with 5938 viewsdmm

Chair's absence today showed what he brings to the team. We missed how he knits together midfield and attack, his ability to hold possession going forward, his energy, movement and creativity.

There's no doubt as to his importance to how we play.
Chair on 17:41 - Aug 8 with 1451 viewsgazza1

Chair appeared to be a miss yesterday but I think MW got it wrong playing two strikers both of whom did not play well.
Chair on 18:13 - Aug 8 with 1353 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair on 17:41 - Aug 8 by gazza1

Chair appeared to be a miss yesterday but I think MW got it wrong playing two strikers both of whom did not play well.

Millwall played 2 against Dykes knowing that it would starve Austin and they were right. Charlie had a poor time with the ball on the few occasions he had it. I didn't particularly notice CA at our corners where he is normally very good.

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 18:38 - Aug 8 with 1283 viewswelwynranger

Chair on 22:47 - Aug 7 by DavieQPR

Rumour is withdrawn and off to Watford for £10m plus Gray.

Messi went somewhere else so we're getting Andre Grey
Chair on 18:42 - Aug 8 with 1263 viewsDieByYourSide

If he does go, we could do a lot worse than getting in Callum O'Hare from Cov. Championship Grealish.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Chair on 20:00 - Aug 8 with 1065 viewsrsonist

Chair on 18:42 - Aug 8 by DieByYourSide

If he does go, we could do a lot worse than getting in Callum O'Hare from Cov. Championship Grealish.

One of the best in the league for sure.
Chair on 20:34 - Aug 8 with 968 viewsstrikerace

Chair on 17:41 - Aug 8 by gazza1

Not having Chair led to the strikers being invisible IMO.
We really never had much of a controlled attack, the attacking midfield was effectively stifled by Millwall. Our attack basically became long "hopeful" crosses in the box and long shots (luckily we got one in). Dykes and Austin were starved for service. SJ did ok getting things going, but we consistently gave the ball away on our way to a real attack.

I don't blame the strikers for yesterday. Chair would have helped this immensely.
Chair on 20:55 - Aug 8 with 897 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Chair on 20:34 - Aug 8 by strikerace

Not having Chair led to the strikers being invisible IMO.
We really never had much of a controlled attack, the attacking midfield was effectively stifled by Millwall. Our attack basically became long "hopeful" crosses in the box and long shots (luckily we got one in). Dykes and Austin were starved for service. SJ did ok getting things going, but we consistently gave the ball away on our way to a real attack.

I don't blame the strikers for yesterday. Chair would have helped this immensely.

Agreed. I didn't think the strikers played badly just had very little service. What chances they did get didn't really drop.

Was this team/formation a Warburton version of "bare bones"?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 20:56]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024