Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Herr Benda 22:21 - Aug 20 with 3044 viewsonehunglow

Step forward ,liebs.

Outstanding.

A keeper who

1.Catches
2.Commands his box
3.Saves shots
4.Organises
5 Opens his mouth

All that which have been missing .

Get him signed long term. Clubs will be paying attention to him .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Herr Benda on 20:42 - Aug 22 with 409 viewsRock

Herr Benda on 10:18 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

Not that raw Itch.
He has good positioning play for a tart and seems not to find touch as Woody did,Phil Bennett style.
He can save shots as well as Woody but unlike Woody he is prepared for physical contact. I have never seen any goalkeeper as cowardly as Woodman. Benda seems fearless.

Standing on the line at corners ,motionless,whilst you are blocked by the opposition forward,as Woody always was, is doomed to fail. Woody has Guehi to thank for covering up his fey attitude to the game.

Benda will be in demand very soon and I'll be amazed if we keep him.

Finally,folks,for the cooperclans ,remember this lad only months ago was seen as inferior to Woodman who will very soon,possibly today,be truly exposed.

If I were a Geordie fan,I d be worried.

Spot on, HungLow, excellent thread.

There have been a few nervy moments with the ball at his feet, as any 22-year old keeper getting his first minutes in the Championship would have, regardless of playing style. But he has taken everything thrown at him in stride and never wavered or shirked responsibility. He is remarkably agile, with and without the ball, and he always looks assured, as you say.

Benda definitey gives our defenders confidence that if they make a mistake it’s not a guarantee it’ll end up in the back of the net, something Woodman did not provide. Woodman stopped a lot of shots that he could reasonably have been expected to save, but pretty much nothing else, and we wasted a year of Benda’s development because he was Cooper’s boy. His distribution was poor but I think that was more Cooper’s directives than anything.

Benda’s save against McGoldrick was unbelievable, as said above, and he has had a few of those this season, particularly against Blackburn. Swindon’s fans raved about the “BFG” during his loan, and I hope we can keep him for a few more seasons, at least.
Herr Benda on 20:45 - Aug 22 with 405 viewsonehunglow

Herr Benda on 20:42 - Aug 22 by Rock

Spot on, HungLow, excellent thread.

There have been a few nervy moments with the ball at his feet, as any 22-year old keeper getting his first minutes in the Championship would have, regardless of playing style. But he has taken everything thrown at him in stride and never wavered or shirked responsibility. He is remarkably agile, with and without the ball, and he always looks assured, as you say.

Benda definitey gives our defenders confidence that if they make a mistake it’s not a guarantee it’ll end up in the back of the net, something Woodman did not provide. Woodman stopped a lot of shots that he could reasonably have been expected to save, but pretty much nothing else, and we wasted a year of Benda’s development because he was Cooper’s boy. His distribution was poor but I think that was more Cooper’s directives than anything.

Benda’s save against McGoldrick was unbelievable, as said above, and he has had a few of those this season, particularly against Blackburn. Swindon’s fans raved about the “BFG” during his loan, and I hope we can keep him for a few more seasons, at least.

Good keepers exude confidence.This is just a kid and he has it.

We need to seriously tie him down before we do anything else.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024