Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : 14:46 - Dec 1 with 4816 viewsKeithHaynes

It could even be Swansea Town !

Mine is Boxing Day 1968. Losing at home to Chester 5-0. I was just four but recall it fairly well. Sitting on the old mans shoulders the crowd looked like it was millions ! Plenty of noise that day. I don’t remember the game itself, but do recall a game happening but the lights, noise and people had me transfixed. I was to go to the vetch again for the fa cup against Arsenal in February but the old man said it was going to be like mods and rockers 😂 he was right. It was the first time really bad football violence was witnessed at Swansea.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 08:37 - Dec 9 with 768 viewsswan65split

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 15:37 - Dec 8 by owainglyndwr

Jack's everywhere in the ground that day

Our Group were behind him in the ground and more or less in line with the shot.

It was in from the moment it left his foot,
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 15:48 - Dec 9 with 714 viewsbritferry

01 Jan 1980 Swansea City 2-1 Cardiff City

right after the Cardiff floods
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-36026894

With the North Bank singing "Wash when your flooded, you only wash when your flooded"

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 19:40 - Dec 9 with 681 viewsKeithHaynes

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 15:48 - Dec 9 by britferry

With the North Bank singing "Wash when your flooded, you only wash when your flooded"

You would have thought they did 😂👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:21 - Dec 10 with 597 viewsbonymine

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 15:48 - Dec 9 by britferry

I remember those ‘wash when you’re flooded’ chants I was only 14 at the time & thought it was hilarious then and now !!

One team in Wales 🦢⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👊

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 22:44 - Dec 11 with 528 viewsjacksfullaces

never been down much at Xmas, remember a few early New Year FA Cup 3rd round matches back in the day, West Brom (Sean Mccarthy) and Liverpool (keeper had a blinder) both spring to mind.

Seem to recall going down to watch us play Carlisle I think between Xmas and New Year in the early 00s. Took my girlfriend (now wife) to show her the Vetch, Been a Geordie lass I recall her asking me on the way home if these players were professionals and paid for what they did,with some incredulity when I answered in the affirmative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024