Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roads In Swansea 20:08 - Jan 7 with 672 viewsJack123

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-potholes-council-roads-dri

You know what, these potholes are getting worse every year, I know of one particular patch that must have been re-laid about 3 times now, is it sub standard tarmac or what, or the prep work prior,? something can't be right for this to keep happening.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 20:09]

libera nos a malo

Roads In Swansea on 20:51 - Jan 7 with 634 viewsraynor94

Townhill Road, from Mayhill post office to the lady of lourdes is like the surface of the moon craters everywhere.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Roads In Swansea on 21:07 - Jan 7 with 621 viewsSullutaCreturned

Roads In Swansea on 20:51 - Jan 7 by raynor94

Townhill Road, from Mayhill post office to the lady of lourdes is like the surface of the moon craters everywhere.

That part has been bad for a long, long time.

I think I saw that the constant small patching is part of the problem. Filling in the small holes with a few buckets means it all wears out even more quickly. the best way to do it is to relay a larger area much larger than the original hole and do it properly, like when they lay new road.
The constant small patching leaves gaps which break down and become new holes. They need to do things properly but their attempts at saving money is short termism which costs us all more in the end.
Roads In Swansea on 21:09 - Jan 7 with 616 viewsJack123

Roads In Swansea on 20:51 - Jan 7 by raynor94

Yes, it's been ongoing there for 2 months at least, seems the same everywhere. But I don't understand why it is happening all over, these potholes don't seem to appear on the motorways.? They just keep relaying tarmac and the same thing occurs on our roads, I'm thinking and it must be the only reason why this keeps happening is the sub base was not compacted correctly?

libera nos a malo

Roads In Swansea on 21:29 - Jan 7 with 599 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea Council don't repair potholes. They just claim that they do.

If you report one they'll send a couple of boys around to fill it in with tarmac. That fix may last three or four months at best.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roads In Swansea on 21:29 - Jan 7 with 599 viewsSullutaCreturned

Roads In Swansea on 21:09 - Jan 7 by Jack123

Yes, it's been ongoing there for 2 months at least, seems the same everywhere. But I don't understand why it is happening all over, these potholes don't seem to appear on the motorways.? They just keep relaying tarmac and the same thing occurs on our roads, I'm thinking and it must be the only reason why this keeps happening is the sub base was not compacted correctly?

When they repair motorways they do a large patch not just the small holes, As I say above, i think that is the answer.
Roads In Swansea on 21:55 - Jan 7 with 590 viewsJack123

Roads In Swansea on 21:29 - Jan 7 by SullutaCreturned

When they repair motorways they do a large patch not just the small holes, As I say above, i think that is the answer.

No, I am talking about a large stretch of road re-laid, like what rayner pointed out up in townhill, that has been done loads of times. And it's everywhere .Re-lay lasts 2 years and potholes.

It's like when they lay new tarmac, they scrape back the existing tarmac, and a little bit below. But some areas have been laid numerous times, and the problem keeps reoccurring, so it's either the tamac is rubbish, or the sub base is not correct. For me it's quite obvious the sub base is not correct, most prob been dug up over the years and the utilities have not reinstated properly
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 22:04]

libera nos a malo

Roads In Swansea on 22:22 - Jan 8 with 450 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roads In Swansea on 21:55 - Jan 7 by Jack123

No, I am talking about a large stretch of road re-laid, like what rayner pointed out up in townhill, that has been done loads of times. And it's everywhere .Re-lay lasts 2 years and potholes.

It's like when they lay new tarmac, they scrape back the existing tarmac, and a little bit below. But some areas have been laid numerous times, and the problem keeps reoccurring, so it's either the tamac is rubbish, or the sub base is not correct. For me it's quite obvious the sub base is not correct, most prob been dug up over the years and the utilities have not reinstated properly
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 22:04]

What happened to that scheme to use shredded plastic pellets inside the tarmacadam? Was supposed to enable heat and cold resistance hence less ruptures and potholes.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024