Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's 09:05 - Oct 6 with 5263 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61021/back-of-the-chapel

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 09:57 - Oct 6 with 4197 viewsfelly1

Great stuff, good luck to the lads n lasses who make some noise and hopefully a few new chants might appear.
Can't wait for my lad to get a bit older and I'll be pushing to move back to a more vocal area ...then again he'll probably won't want to be seen with his old man by then!
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 10:16 - Oct 6 with 4179 viewssaints__fan__73

Tom and George are going to sing songs?

That should help things...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 10:59 - Oct 6 with 4147 views1ASIN12

This started at the beginning of the season and there is a thread about it on another Saints forum.

Its only about 10 or so lads but it’s a start .

You can hardly hear them in block 4 but you can see they are trying and some others in the surrounding block do join in .

I find it strange that someone who never goes can comment on this thread.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 11:00]
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:20 - Oct 6 with 4049 viewschasaint80

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 10:16 - Oct 6 by saints__fan__73

Tom and George are going to sing songs?

That should help things...

At least Tom & George are making an effort and getting behind the club they support. Good luck to them.

Better than sitting at home online and criticizing everything the club does wouldn't you say ?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 13:25]
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:36 - Oct 6 with 4028 viewssaints__fan__73

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:20 - Oct 6 by chasaint80

At least Tom & George are making an effort and getting behind the club they support. Good luck to them.

Better than sitting at home online and criticizing everything the club does wouldn't you say ?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 13:25]

Certainly cheaper.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 22:31 - Oct 6 with 3877 viewshedgeend61

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:36 - Oct 6 by saints__fan__73

Certainly cheaper.

Lets hope they don't bet on you're predictions cos they won't have the dough to go.

'If we/when we lose to Leeds on Saturday we will have a worse points total after 9 league games than that team did'

'We'll smash L2 with our last year of PL parachute payments'.. 250/1 now
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 23:21 - Oct 6 with 3821 viewscocklebreath

I’ll be 10 rows from the back of block 15 tomorrow I shall report back on atmosphere. £60 for 4 of us, that’s cheaper than the cinema. We March on nice and cheap.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 14:34 - Oct 7 with 3689 viewsBerber

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 23:21 - Oct 6 by cocklebreath

I’ll be 10 rows from the back of block 15 tomorrow I shall report back on atmosphere. £60 for 4 of us, that’s cheaper than the cinema. We March on nice and cheap.

Good on you mate, I still can’t quite motivate myself, and the more I think about it, the harder it gets.
Login to get fewer ads

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 22:50 - Oct 7 with 3500 viewsWestEndBoy

Stewards sending up young girls to back of block 15 today telling us to sit down, w#nkers don’t think the club want an atmosphere anywhere in ground
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 07:18 - Oct 8 with 3384 viewscocklebreath

We’ll I’ve tried it and won’t be sitting there again, yes they deffo tried to get it going and at times it was good but by the time a screechy voiced woman kept starting the awful Charlie Charlie Charlie Alcarez song and then ooooo. Gavin Bazanu I was left in no doubt it was not for me. Favourite bits the screechy woman loudly saying why are people so annoyed near the end as we got worse and worse and the 2 blokes in front glued to their phone’s throughout.
I just want to sit with people who give a shit but most are f&cking lemons or zombie’s

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 10:35 - Oct 11 with 3096 viewsAnonSaint1

We really need more people to come over and join this initiative. 30 more people week in week out and the section will last into future seasons. You can do your bit!

If you normally sit in the Chapel end, come and give the back of block 15 a go. If your a season ticket holder and fed up of flat atmosphere and moaning - transfer your seat!

Next home game is £20 in Block 15 as opposed to £30 in the other wings/ goals area.

Come and get behind the team and lets kick on!

Tom. BOTC
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:22 - Oct 11 with 3075 viewsfranniesTache

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 07:18 - Oct 8 by cocklebreath

We’ll I’ve tried it and won’t be sitting there again, yes they deffo tried to get it going and at times it was good but by the time a screechy voiced woman kept starting the awful Charlie Charlie Charlie Alcarez song and then ooooo. Gavin Bazanu I was left in no doubt it was not for me. Favourite bits the screechy woman loudly saying why are people so annoyed near the end as we got worse and worse and the 2 blokes in front glued to their phone’s throughout.
I just want to sit with people who give a shit but most are f&cking lemons or zombie’s

This in a nutshell is exactly what's wrong with our support.

We have a generation that think "any noise" is equal to a good atmosphere, so we end up with countless songs about the skates, songs nicked from other clubs, god awful "bantz" and the same song for every player.

One of the main reasons the itchen north was decent before covid is these social media f*cktards were nowhere near it, they by and large stayed in the northam, which let the IN develop it's own culture (way more like the Dell to be honest)

Sadly that got ruined by the new generation of mouth breathing red lodge scopey's moving over and just turning it into the northam lite.

Honestly the best thing that could happen would be for a section that actually just allowed us to have a proper terrace culture again, maybe over 30's only, instead of everything being led by the social media dins.

It's the same reason our away support is on it's f*cking arse.

You can literally predict what the away support will sing before the game,

OWTS
Fathers Gun
OWTS
Is this a library
Football in a library
Fathers Gun

Half time

OWTS
Fathers Gun
OWTS

every, snigle f*cking game it's the same.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 14:38]
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:46 - Oct 11 with 3057 viewsgrumpy

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:22 - Oct 11 by franniesTache

We have a generation that think "any noise" is equal to a good atmosphere, so we end up with countless songs about the skates, songs nicked from other clubs, god awful "bantz" and the same song for every player.

One of the main reasons the itchen north was decent before covid is these social media f*cktards were nowhere near it, they by and large stayed in the northam, which let the IN develop it's own culture (way more like the Dell to be honest)

Sadly that got ruined by the new generation of mouth breathing red lodge scopey's moving over and just turning it into the northam lite.

Honestly the best thing that could happen would be for a section that actually just allowed us to have a proper terrace culture again, maybe over 30's only, instead of everything being led by the social media dins.

OWTS
Fathers Gun
OWTS
Is this a library
Football in a library
Fathers Gun

Half time

OWTS
Fathers Gun
OWTS

Will there be a safe standing area at St. Mary’s?
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 14:36 - Oct 11 with 3036 viewsfranniesTache

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:46 - Oct 11 by grumpy

Will there be a safe standing area at St. Mary’s?

when the club can be bothered to get round to it yeah, was meant to be the start of this season i believe but delayed, heard talk of them doing some test sections of the ground around xmas/new year
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 17:45 - Oct 11 with 2956 viewsgrumpy

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 14:36 - Oct 11 by franniesTache

when the club can be bothered to get round to it yeah, was meant to be the start of this season i believe but delayed, heard talk of them doing some test sections of the ground around xmas/new year

Sometimes I get the impression that the club has the attitude that we have built it so you come.
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 17:57 - Oct 11 with 2949 viewsPatfromPoole

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 13:22 - Oct 11 by franniesTache

OWTS
Fathers Gun
OWTS
Is this a library
Football in a library
Fathers Gun

Half time

OWTS
Fathers Gun
OWTS

It might need to be over-40’s, mush.

I seemed to have considerable challenges in getting the over-30’s to take to the Perraud song, as many appeared not to have heard of Talking Heads…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 18:03 - Oct 11 with 2943 viewsrobcoe5

Some of us like to watch the game and enjoy sitting eating our sandwiches
If you want to make a lot of noise go back to your old seats
Singing stupid song doesn’t make you a better supporter.
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 18:27 - Oct 11 with 2928 viewsAnonSaint1

Only in Block 15 because it's the cheapest area.

No reason why we both can't co-exist and support in our own way?

If they made the other corners as cheap - sure, we'd be over there.
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 19:34 - Oct 11 with 2872 viewsAnonSaint1

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 17:57 - Oct 11 by PatfromPoole

It might need to be over-40’s, mush.

I seemed to have considerable challenges in getting the over-30’s to take to the Perraud song, as many appeared not to have heard of Talking Heads…..

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Good music stands the test of time. I'm in my 20s and love the Talking Heads.
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:20 - Oct 11 with 2843 viewsPatfromPoole

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 18:03 - Oct 11 by robcoe5

Some of us like to watch the game and enjoy sitting eating our sandwiches
If you want to make a lot of noise go back to your old seats
Singing stupid song doesn’t make you a better supporter.

On the small chance you are not on a wind-up, I would have to strongly disagree, sir.

If people are prepared to:-

1. Try and get a group together to improve the atmosphere

2. Risk ridicule from mutes who would prefer to provide no support at all for the team

3. Give yourself a headache and hardly any voice for a day after the game due to singing all game

4. Make your hands bleed for a couple of days after the game due to clapping all game whilst singing

Then I doff my cap in their direction.

I have regularly done 2, 3 and 4, but not 1.

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:39 - Oct 11 with 2831 viewsrobcoe5

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:20 - Oct 11 by PatfromPoole

On the small chance you are not on a wind-up, I would have to strongly disagree, sir.

2. Risk ridicule from mutes who would prefer to provide no support at all for the team

3. Give yourself a headache and hardly any voice for a day after the game due to singing all game

4. Make your hands bleed for a couple of days after the game due to clapping all game whilst singing

It was not a wind up
I have sat in this area for over 10 years
I like the area as I can sit and watch the game with my grandchildren don’t see the point of banging on the hoardings etc is supporting the team and singing abusive songs supporting the team
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:51 - Oct 11 with 2820 viewsPatfromPoole

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:39 - Oct 11 by robcoe5

It was not a wind up
I like the area as I can sit and watch the game with my grandchildren don’t see the point of banging on the hoardings etc is supporting the team and singing abusive songs supporting the team

It’s about trying to create an atmosphere that helps the team.

It is a shame if it impacts on people who would rather not have that near them. Hopefully your grandkids will grow over the years to enjoy the atmosphere.

We do need the ground to be noisier one way or the other.

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:53 - Oct 11 with 2819 viewsAnonSaint1

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:39 - Oct 11 by robcoe5

It was not a wind up

But who’s to say you and your grandson take priority?

We respect your wants and needs by standing at the back. But if you can’t deal with a little bit of noise at the football I suggest you try out the family stand? Not allowed to swear in there. Or a different sport?

Im not paying more for my season ticket that I have to just because you can’t put up with chanting at the football?

We respect your way of supporting. Bit shallow of you not to reciprocate it.
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:57 - Oct 11 with 2814 viewsAnonSaint1

Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 20:20 - Oct 11 by PatfromPoole

Love that
Back Of The Chapel ! Looking To Ramp Up The Atmosphere At St Mary's on 21:22 - Oct 11 with 2779 viewsPatfromPoole

The holy grail for me is 30,000 Saints fans stood all round the ground all game, making such a deafening racket that the away fans can hardly hear themselves trying to sing.

I went to England v Germany in Euro 2000 in Charleroi and there was such a commotion and racket in the England end that the floodlights behind the goal were shaking. Keegan was manager, noticed it and commented on it at the time. I would love the same to happen at our ground.

Alas, I am clearly in a tiny minority and have to accept the atmosphere such as it is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024