Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Army veteran will be charged with murder of man 17:45 - Feb 8 with 1891 viewstheloneranger

"A former British soldier is to be prosecuted for the murder of a man in Belfast in 1972, Northern Ireland's Public Prosecution Service has announced."

"The ex-soldier and three other veterans are also facing attempted murder counts related to incidents in the same year, the PPS said."

"Soldier F is accused of the murder of Patrick McVeigh, 44, who was shot at the junction of Finaghy Road North and Riverdale Park South in the city on May 13, 1972."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13060975/british-army-veteran-charged-m

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

British Army veteran will be charged with murder of man on 10:05 - Feb 17 with 103 viewsBoundy

So am I and as you say many didn't return alive or intact, doing a job initially not trained for nor wanted but having seen first hand and matured over years my opinion on a certain faction has softened but my sympathies will always stand on the side of law and order and those trying to protect it .
Its very easy for some to condemn those kids ( I was 18 for my first tour) without having any idea of the pressure and at times extreme fear and like most professionals who deal with death and injury its always difficult to try to explain to those who have never had to face similar situations.
"Now I'm not looking for absolution
Forgiveness for the things I do
But before you come to any conclusions
Try walking in my shoes"

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024