Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Academy 07:48 - Mar 13 with 656 viewsYrAlarch

Only 1 player selected for the Cymru under19s squad and 2 for the under 17s
Should we be concerned?
Swansea City Academy on 10:58 - Mar 13 with 570 viewsKeithHaynes

Quite a few younger academy players brought in a few years back from premier league clubs, not Welsh. I suppose it’s the knock on effect.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City Academy on 15:31 - Mar 13 with 497 viewsYrAlarch

Swansea City Academy on 10:58 - Mar 13 by KeithHaynes

Quite a few younger academy players brought in a few years back from premier league clubs, not Welsh. I suppose it’s the knock on effect.

Thanks for enlightening me. So much for local talent!
Swansea City Academy on 15:35 - Mar 13 with 493 viewsYrAlarch

Swansea City Academy on 15:31 - Mar 13 by YrAlarch

Thanks for enlightening me. So much for local talent!

BTW Cardiff City have 7 players in the U19 squad and 3 in the U17s.
Thought I'd mention that given what is currently on the menu.
Swansea City Academy on 15:57 - Mar 13 with 474 viewsDr_Winston

The role of Swansea City's academy is to produce players for Swansea City, not Wales. If none are representing Wales u21 or lower but are still getting into our first team picture then job done.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City Academy on 19:14 - Mar 13 with 400 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City Academy on 15:57 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

The role of Swansea City's academy is to produce players for Swansea City, not Wales. If none are representing Wales u21 or lower but are still getting into our first team picture then job done.

But that model has failed us for years, think Kenji Gore and Zabret the keeper. Both here for more years than first team appearances.

Our best years were producing Macca, Joey, Ben, Jazz - and later Roberts and Rodon.
This south Wales area also produced Bale and Rambo.
Ollie Cooper, Ben and Cullen from our current team.

We are looking to be too smart and pinch players from the hard work of other clubs.
Its fair to point out that Grimes, Dan James, and McBurnie were good picks.
So there is room to bring in one or two, to help our local lads.

The player develoopment aims of Swans and FAW are pretty much aligned.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Academy on 21:06 - Mar 13 with 352 viewsReslovenSwan1

This has been the pattern for the last 2-3 years. Cardiff city u18 and u21 are evenly matched games these days. No harm bringing discarded players from big academies if they have the right mentality. Lissah and Abdulai have surpassed the local fellows Thomas, Congreve and Cotterill. I am concerned about Congreve and Lloyd who have shown signs of quitting too easily. Sam Parker has jumped above all of them. I hope to see Wilson make his debut . He is very sharp. 3 of the 4 heading to the first team were imports probably under Marc Allen. Paul Compton will head up the academy recruitment joining from Villa as reported by Watson at the fans forum.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024