Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migration, growth and housing 09:33 - May 8 with 1871 viewsAnotherJohn

Probably, the publication source and authorship team won't appeal to many, but this report repeats what some of us have been saying for a while on these threads about per capita GDP, net fiscal impact, and pressures on infrastructure. It is hard to deny the core argument.

https://cps.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/CPS_TAKING_BACK_CONTROL-FINAL.pdf
[Post edited 8 May 9:47]
Migration, growth and housing on 17:08 - May 19 with 523 viewsSullutaCreturned

Migration, growth and housing on 16:43 - May 19 by controversial_jack

We haven't paid them, unless we have since the last time i looked

You seem to be a bit behind in more than one place recently,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64916446#:~:text=The%20UK%20will%20give%2
Migration, growth and housing on 22:23 - May 19 with 480 viewscontroversial_jack

Migration, growth and housing on 17:08 - May 19 by SullutaCreturned

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64916446#:~:text=The%20UK%20will%20give%2

You missed the words, " will" and "pledge," That's not the same as actually paying. The last time i saw anything on this, we hadn't paid a penny, unless it's changed in the last year.
Migration, growth and housing on 02:41 - May 20 with 459 viewsAnotherJohn

Migration, growth and housing on 17:08 - May 19 by SullutaCreturned

I struggle to understand Emily Thornberry's point. The French deal shows only too clearly the limits of the help we can expect from our European neighbours, but isn't bigging that up, and increased police cooperation, the core of Labour's solution to the migration problem? Emily would probably end up allowing a new safe route as part of a burden- sharing deal, Much as I deplore what the Tories have done, I can't see how things would not be even worse under Starmer. The woke BS we see from the Senedd is going to be rolled out more widely. Yesterday's news from the Party is their new policy on easier gender switching. What a mess we are in!
Migration, growth and housing on 13:05 - May 20 with 411 viewscontroversial_jack

Migration, growth and housing on 02:41 - May 20 by AnotherJohn

I struggle to understand Emily Thornberry's point. The French deal shows only too clearly the limits of the help we can expect from our European neighbours, but isn't bigging that up, and increased police cooperation, the core of Labour's solution to the migration problem? Emily would probably end up allowing a new safe route as part of a burden- sharing deal, Much as I deplore what the Tories have done, I can't see how things would not be even worse under Starmer. The woke BS we see from the Senedd is going to be rolled out more widely. Yesterday's news from the Party is their new policy on easier gender switching. What a mess we are in!

Why do you think things would be worse? Opening a new safe route, there aren't any as of now, this is probably why we are getting so many coming here via illegal routes.

I'm sure the French would rather these illegals leave their shores and come here, just as we would like them to remain there. Neither country wants them. I see no immediate solution to this , but cracking down on the traffickers would be a start
Migration, growth and housing on 13:15 - May 20 with 396 viewsAnotherJohn

Migration, growth and housing on 13:05 - May 20 by controversial_jack

Why do you think things would be worse? Opening a new safe route, there aren't any as of now, this is probably why we are getting so many coming here via illegal routes.

I'm sure the French would rather these illegals leave their shores and come here, just as we would like them to remain there. Neither country wants them. I see no immediate solution to this , but cracking down on the traffickers would be a start

If you want to see whether safe routes stop illegal crossings just look at what is happening on the US Southern border.
Migration, growth and housing on 14:19 - May 20 with 367 viewsFlashberryjack

Migration, growth and housing on 13:05 - May 20 by controversial_jack

The provisional estimate of total long-term immigration for year ending (YE) June 2023 was 1.2 million, while emigration was 508,000, meaning that net migration was 672,000; most people arriving to the UK in the YE June 2023 were non-EU nationals (968,000), followed by EU (129,000) and British (84,000).23 Nov 2022.

There already are legal immigration routes, we are bursting at the seams already, how many more can this island take (legal or illegal)?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Migration, growth and housing on 15:35 - May 20 with 339 viewscontroversial_jack

Migration, growth and housing on 13:15 - May 20 by AnotherJohn

If you want to see whether safe routes stop illegal crossings just look at what is happening on the US Southern border.

Yes of course, but they have a much larger land border.It's a completely different set up over there.Illegals can even get driving licences in California or so I am told by an American
Migration, growth and housing on 15:44 - May 20 with 338 viewsWingstandwood

Migration, growth and housing on 14:19 - May 20 by Flashberryjack

The provisional estimate of total long-term immigration for year ending (YE) June 2023 was 1.2 million, while emigration was 508,000, meaning that net migration was 672,000; most people arriving to the UK in the YE June 2023 were non-EU nationals (968,000), followed by EU (129,000) and British (84,000).23 Nov 2022.

There already are legal immigration routes, we are bursting at the seams already, how many more can this island take (legal or illegal)?

You've got to laugh at the idiots whom propose "safe and legal" route policy which is nothing other than an utterly despicable 'free-for-all-all-comers-welcome' form of socital sabotage/strategy.

Yeah making it vastly more safer and easier (and free of smuggler payment) for unvetted and undocumented arrivals to enter the U.K .....Is? Something that'll create a mass-stampede that the U.K will be completely unable to cope with, in exactly the same way that New York can't.

And if U.K processesing centres are opened in France, I cannot see France being happy for mega-thousands of failed applicants to remain on French soil when it's the U.K that has encouraged mass-numbers to enter France in the first place. It'll be a case of "You own the problem that you've created, so take them".

And despite past and current history along with stark evidence of catastrophic end results? You'll still get idiotic lefty loons who fail to realise that an immigrant will be for life and not for Christmas, and at the very same time when there is a crisis level lack of housing and public services to cater for new arrivals anyhow.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Migration, growth and housing on 16:08 - May 20 with 319 viewsSullutaCreturned

Migration, growth and housing on 22:23 - May 19 by controversial_jack

You missed the words, " will" and "pledge," That's not the same as actually paying. The last time i saw anything on this, we hadn't paid a penny, unless it's changed in the last year.

Oh good grief,

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sunak-macron-france-uk-summit-b22
Migration, growth and housing on 16:44 - May 20 with 303 viewscontroversial_jack

Migration, growth and housing on 16:08 - May 20 by SullutaCreturned

Oh good grief,

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sunak-macron-france-uk-summit-b22

Agreeing and actually handing it over is not the same
Migration, growth and housing on 17:52 - May 20 with 250 viewsAnotherJohn

Migration, growth and housing on 16:44 - May 20 by controversial_jack

I posted this link a while ago, but some only read what they want to read.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9681/#:~:text=A%20jo
Migration, growth and housing on 19:45 - May 20 with 192 viewsSullutaCreturned

Migration, growth and housing on 16:44 - May 20 by controversial_jack

From that link, try to comprehend. I understand it is hard for you. Now slowly....

Britain has already committed more than £300m to France in the last decade to help tackle unauthorised migration. It will now contribute €141m (£125m) in 2023-24, €191m in 2024-25 and €209m in 2025-6. The French will spend significantly more, understood to be between three and five times as much.
Migration, growth and housing on 06:49 - May 21 with 138 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the Netherlands has applied for exemption to the EU immigration and free movement policies as they cannot cope with numbers of migrants currently entering the country.

Its population density is a lot higher than the UK and is higher than the population density of England which has the highest population density in the UK followed by Wales, NI and Scotland.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024