Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patrick Collins 10:22 - Jan 13 with 4736 viewsMichael_Hunt

Yes I know it's the fail, but this guy has severely p*ssed me off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261237/QPR-0-Tottenham-0-matc

SOUTH WEST London indeed!!

How very dare he.
Patrick Collins on 10:39 - Jan 13 with 4685 viewsngbqpr

Nice to see Amit in the pics...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Patrick Collins on 11:02 - Jan 13 with 4623 viewssmegma

"And as the game rumbled on without issue, the Loftus Road crowd started to celebrate the prospect of a point.
Small celebrations, it's true, but they have had precious little reason to celebrate even trifles in South West London this season".

What a weird turn of phrase and as pointed out SW London ? !!!

Patrick Collins on 12:02 - Jan 13 with 4505 viewsNov77

It's fair comment, you wouldn't expect any neutral to have enjoyed that.
I came out thinking that was anti-football.
I've been going 36 years and am struggling to think of any game I've seen at home where we didnt start with any strikers.
While a point is a good result, it is not a great result given the position we are in, and with only one shot on target the entire match we were never likely to get more.
I think we are going to need a few kitchen sinks that we are going to have to start hurling at the opposition.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Patrick Collins on 12:30 - Jan 13 with 4427 viewshoopdog

Patrick Collins on 12:02 - Jan 13 by Nov77

I've been going 36 years and am struggling to think of any game I've seen at home where we didnt start with any strikers.
While a point is a good result, it is not a great result given the position we are in, and with only one shot on target the entire match we were never likely to get more.
I think we are going to need a few kitchen sinks that we are going to have to start hurling at the opposition.

How in farks name can you start with what you aint got !!!
I'm sure Betty Hulse or lazy bollox would only have seen us loooose .
Since when as football been about nuetrals ?
Patrick Collins on 12:34 - Jan 13 with 4412 viewssmegma

Fromthe BBC

"Redknapp might have a slight smile of satisfaction as his relegation-battling side ended Tottenham's run of four successive wins.
The visitors' record of having scored in every away game in the top flight so far this season was also ended as they failed to show the guile and creativity to break down the Hoops, who again showed signs of improvement to suggest they can avoid the drop".

Not bad having got 4 points from 2 London derbies against teams lying 3rd & 4th.
Patrick Collins on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 4387 viewsNov77

Patrick Collins on 12:30 - Jan 13 by hoopdog

How in farks name can you start with what you aint got !!!
I'm sure Betty Hulse or lazy bollox would only have seen us loooose .
Since when as football been about nuetrals ?

"How in farks name can you start with what you aint got !!"

you didnt notice campbell, cisse and bothroyd on the bench then?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Patrick Collins on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 4385 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Patrick Collins on 12:02 - Jan 13 by Nov77

I suggest you listen to the full press conference on player if you subscribe. It tells you all you need to know about how we set out for that game
Patrick Collins on 12:43 - Jan 13 with 4367 viewskensalriser

Think most were counting on zero points from the last two games. 4 points and two clean sheets is an excellent outcome and I think Redknapp got it spot on yesterday.

Obviously we needs wins from somewhere, but we are still in a phase when performances are as important as results as we look to build up the confidence the team needs to have a chance of staying up. A solid defensive performance against a team like Spurs is great for morale.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Patrick Collins on 12:48 - Jan 13 with 4339 viewsDesertBoot

Patrick Collins on 12:43 - Jan 13 by kensalriser

Think most were counting on zero points from the last two games. 4 points and two clean sheets is an excellent outcome and I think Redknapp got it spot on yesterday.

Obviously we needs wins from somewhere, but we are still in a phase when performances are as important as results as we look to build up the confidence the team needs to have a chance of staying up. A solid defensive performance against a team like Spurs is great for morale.

Absolutely. Never seen Bale and Lennon so in effective. Interesting to see how we set up against weaker sides.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Patrick Collins on 12:50 - Jan 13 with 4327 viewsNov77

Patrick Collins on 12:39 - Jan 13 by CroydonCaptJack

I suggest you listen to the full press conference on player if you subscribe. It tells you all you need to know about how we set out for that game

I don't need to, I was there, I know how we set out, I know why we did so, to get a point, mission accomplished.
The reporter is right though, it was boring to watch. Even Shaun derry said so:
"We’ve gone back to basics and we’re not making it nice for the opposition. It might not be nice to watch at times, but it’s got us another great result today."

Patrick Collins on 12:54 - Jan 13 with 4299 viewsstevec

Patrick Collins on 11:02 - Jan 13 by smegma

"And as the game rumbled on without issue, the Loftus Road crowd started to celebrate the prospect of a point.
Small celebrations, it's true, but they have had precious little reason to celebrate even trifles in South West London this season".

What a weird turn of phrase and as pointed out SW London ? !!!

Collins seems to develop a hatred against certain individuals, particularly in football, and once obsessed with his one sided views lays into the person ad nauseam. He's been on Redknapps case for as long as I can remember.

He has been on Lampards back today in his column and reading between the lines it's mostly his liaison with the bird Bleakley that gets his goat. Perhaps it's a family thing but until Collins comes clean just have to accept he's a rather sad bloke.

Patrick Collins on 12:57 - Jan 13 with 4289 viewshoopdog

Patrick Collins on 12:39 - Jan 13 by Nov77

"How in farks name can you start with what you aint got !!"

you didnt notice campbell, cisse and bothroyd on the bench then?

I M O opinion Betty Hulse and lazy bollox belong to the strkers we haven't got, H may or may not feel the same way about D J .
Our main obective was not get beat yesterday and I'm chuffed with a point 4 from Chelsea and Spurs, must be great dressing room boost so the neutrals can fark off winge elsewhere
Patrick Collins on 13:58 - Jan 13 with 4184 viewsbatmanhoop

there's about 6 games where we have a great chance to win, if we play with no striker against these then I'd be well p'd off, yesterday was'nt one of them, even in the precarious position we are in, delighted with that point
Patrick Collins on 14:04 - Jan 13 with 4164 viewsNov77

Patrick Collins on 13:58 - Jan 13 by batmanhoop

there's about 6 games where we have a great chance to win, if we play with no striker against these then I'd be well p'd off, yesterday was'nt one of them, even in the precarious position we are in, delighted with that point

9 months ago we were in a similar position in the league, we played spurs at home.
We played a recognised striker up front and won the game 1-0.
We were never likely to repeat that yesterday.

Patrick Collins on 14:10 - Jan 13 with 4150 viewsBasingstokeR

Really? Cos I think we could've easily KNICKED 3pts there is SWP could finish.
Patrick Collins on 14:17 - Jan 13 with 4133 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Patrick Collins on 14:04 - Jan 13 by Nov77

9 months ago we were in a similar position in the league, we played spurs at home.

Our recognised strikers didn't contribute in our two wins. All three goals thanks to Adel (and SWP)

It's got to be Yarg

Patrick Collins on 14:23 - Jan 13 with 4113 viewsDesertBoot

Patrick Collins on 14:04 - Jan 13 by Nov77

Last season we'd beaten Liverpool, Arsenal and Swansea prior to playing Spurs. Completely different circumstances and mindset.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Patrick Collins on 14:38 - Jan 13 with 4059 viewsNov77

Patrick Collins on 14:23 - Jan 13 by DesertBoot

Last season we'd beaten Liverpool, Arsenal and Swansea prior to playing Spurs. Completely different circumstances and mindset.

Circumstances were the same, we were in the shit fighting a relegation battle and needed wins.

Yesterday according to the bbc stats we had four shots with one on target and drew.
In April we had twelve shots with five on target and won.

I agree with you about a different mindset!

Patrick Collins on 14:59 - Jan 13 with 4013 viewsactionword

Patrick Collins on 14:38 - Jan 13 by Nov77

Circumstances were the same, we were in the shit fighting a relegation battle and needed wins.

Yesterday according to the bbc stats we had four shots with one on target and drew.
In April we had twelve shots with five on target and won.

I agree with you about a different mindset!

We were hardly gung-ho against spurs last season and if I remember correctly the goal came from a free kick which Friedel should really have done better with.
Patrick Collins on 15:28 - Jan 13 with 3975 viewsbaz_qpr

This is one of those arguments like 4-4-2 being more attacking than 4-2-3-1 simplistically yes, but as we saw under Warnock the 4-2-3-1 can be very attacking. As can the formation we played yesterday, Barcalona's 4-3-3 with a false 9 the difference being that our wide players are not far enough forward and overlapping as they could do and Park and Mbia do not have the quality with the ball. Is there a role for Adel as a false 9 well the independent pundits seem to think so, if the midfield is more mobile and better technically it can be attacking too.
Patrick Collins on 15:51 - Jan 13 with 3943 viewsTW_R

Patrick Collins on 14:59 - Jan 13 by actionword

We were hardly gung-ho against spurs last season and if I remember correctly the goal came from a free kick which Friedel should really have done better with.

Exactly. Played in a very similar way in that we got everyone behind the ball and made it very hard for Spurs to create anything. A free kick for us just outside their box may have seen a similar result yesterday.

One difference between yesterday and last season was that Spurs yesterday were a team on the up, playing great football and being very hard to beat and scoring regularly, whereas the same game last season Spurs were a team struggling for results and very much out of form.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024