Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk for the Carling Cup Final 21:53 - Feb 9 with 2736 viewsMagic_Michu

With Chico out for a good while then I think Monk is more than capable and should play the final so he can lift the trophy as the Swans' Best ever captain.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 21:57 - Feb 9 with 2733 viewsorion3016

Wouldn't argue with that, Bartley may be favourite though

Be over there now after

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 21:58 - Feb 9 with 2731 viewsDanielswan

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 21:57 - Feb 9 by orion3016

Wouldn't argue with that, Bartley may be favourite though

Laudrup will choose whomever he feels does the job best, it will not be with emotional motives.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 21:59 - Feb 9 with 2729 viewsMagic_Michu

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 21:58 - Feb 9 by Danielswan

Laudrup will choose whomever he feels does the job best, it will not be with emotional motives.

Can a substitute lift the trophy?

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 23:07 - Feb 9 with 2720 viewsJrod

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 21:59 - Feb 9 by Magic_Michu

I would think so,considering he is club captain.

2013 League Cup Champions

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 09:43 - Feb 10 with 2700 viewsbomber

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 23:07 - Feb 9 by Jrod

I would think so,considering he is club captain.

Hopefully Chico will be fit, but whether it's Monk or Bartley, they'll have very little to do all game!

“When a monkey nibbles on a penis, its funny in every language!”

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 09:47 - Feb 10 with 2698 viewsorion3016

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 09:43 - Feb 10 by bomber

Hopefully Chico will be fit, but whether it's Monk or Bartley, they'll have very little to do all game!

On yesterday's performance no they won't

Be over there now after

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 11:30 - Feb 10 with 2688 viewsBanosswan

I would think Bartley has to start. But either way both would do a job regardless of opposition.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 19:29 - Feb 10 with 2651 viewsGrandPrix

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 21:59 - Feb 9 by Magic_Michu

Yes! be amazing to see Monk lift it TBH.....im sure if he is sub though, weather he plays or not,Monk and williams would lift it together...

We aint won yet though

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Login to get fewer ads

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 20:02 - Feb 10 with 2642 viewscockneyswan

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 19:29 - Feb 10 by GrandPrix

Yes! be amazing to see Monk lift it TBH.....im sure if he is sub though, weather he plays or not,Monk and williams would lift it together...

We aint won yet though

Agree Gary Monk should play in the final (if Chico cannot play), not just for sentimental reasons but also because his superior experience over Bartley will be invaluable. However even if Bartley plays Swans are still gonna win.
Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 12:00 - Feb 11 with 2615 viewsRogueTrooper

Monk for me, He's spent years playing against the style of play we will be up against. Bring Kyle on second half

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 12:46 - Feb 11 with 2607 viewsdcd14

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 12:00 - Feb 11 by RogueTrooper

Monk for me, He's spent years playing against the style of play we will be up against. Bring Kyle on second half

Got to be Bartley, looks a very good signing and an absolute steal at £1M.

Plus he's massive which can only help with set pieces where Bradford are strongest.
Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 13:03 - Feb 11 with 2602 viewsGrandPrix

Also if Monk is not included could he lift it anyway like the suspended John Terry did in the champions league final?

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 14:32 - Feb 11 with 2585 viewsLEAPJACK

I would prefer 6ft 4' Bartley, his range of passing is better than monks, also he played for Rangers last year so he knows a lot about lower league football
Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 10:58 - Feb 12 with 2563 viewsyescomeon

Heart says Monk, head says Bartley, been very impressed with Bartley in his appearences this season. Both are more than capable of doing a job. It's been the first time in a while that I am really happy with our strength and depth defensively.

Upthecity!

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 11:13 - Feb 12 with 2561 viewsBanosswan

Would chico get a winner's medal should we win?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 12:43 - Feb 12 with 2556 viewsenarc4

Doesn't really matter whether its Bartley or Monk - as long as Ash is there we should be ok.

@craneyo #twitterjacks

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 17:13 - Feb 12 with 2540 viewsandypitt56

I would say monk for the final, mainly because I see Bartley to come in for Chico in the league, as it sounds like he maybe out for a few weeks. Bartley seems like a good player, one for the future as well, he also adds to the threat from set pieces, but i think you have to play monk in the final, he is up to the job and his experience against lower league teams will be essential.
Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 00:09 - Feb 13 with 2518 viewss1ackjack

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 12:46 - Feb 11 by dcd14

Got to be Bartley, looks a very good signing and an absolute steal at £1M.

Plus he's massive which can only help with set pieces where Bradford are strongest.

Absolutely agree it should be Bartley. His extra height in set pieces will be invaluable both in defending and as an attacking force, though I'd like to see Garry Monk on before the end and hopefully to lift the trophy. If Chico isn't fit, I'm sure he'll be absolutely gutted not to play at Wembley because he's been outstanding lately. Whoever plays though, I can only see a win so not particularly bothered.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 19:54 - Feb 17 with 2450 viewsJBG

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 00:09 - Feb 13 by s1ackjack

Absolutely agree it should be Bartley. His extra height in set pieces will be invaluable both in defending and as an attacking force, though I'd like to see Garry Monk on before the end and hopefully to lift the trophy. If Chico isn't fit, I'm sure he'll be absolutely gutted not to play at Wembley because he's been outstanding lately. Whoever plays though, I can only see a win so not particularly bothered.

Not after today's performance
Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 22:05 - Feb 17 with 2438 viewsLANDOREROCKER

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 19:54 - Feb 17 by JBG

nice pic mate
Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 22:17 - Feb 17 with 2434 viewss1ackjack

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 19:54 - Feb 17 by JBG

I'm not sure today's game was a good measure. Changing both centre backs just wasn't a good idea IMO. Garry Monk looked good until half time but was off the pace second half as were the rest of the team. I don't think today's performance will help ML much in making his decision TBH. We'll still be too good for Bradford though.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 11:40 - Feb 18 with 2408 viewsRogueTrooper

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 22:17 - Feb 17 by s1ackjack

I'm not sure today's game was a good measure. Changing both centre backs just wasn't a good idea IMO. Garry Monk looked good until half time but was off the pace second half as were the rest of the team. I don't think today's performance will help ML much in making his decision TBH. We'll still be too good for Bradford though.

They wont be up against Suarez and Sturridge in the final and have both done well when partnered with Ash

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 07:41 - Feb 19 with 2369 viewstaffyjack

Bartley to start 2-0 up with 20mins on the clock, substitution Monk. Happy Days
Monk for the Carling Cup Final on 19:25 - Feb 21 with 2334 viewsclement

tough call:

bartley - big lad - useful for countering bradford's main threat of knocking it long

monk - wise head - knows how to play against more physical, lower league sides...

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024