Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MUSE 12:32 - May 22 with 3634 viewsDaiHo0p

Going to the Emirates to see em on Saturday Been listening to their CDs in advance and I have no idea what genre they are supposed to be.

'Tally?

MUSE on 12:37 - May 22 with 2987 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hmmmmm a toughie this Dai,

Alternative rock would be easiest, but again they are nothing like Biffy Clyro whom also used to fit into that niche and recently have gone more mainstream.

Having worked on their Radio 2 Soiree I would just say:

Fookin good live genre

How's that?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

MUSE on 12:45 - May 22 with 2964 viewssimmo

I would say more Indie Rock, but a little more guitar led than most of those type of bands. They will be good in a big venue like that though, some of their tracks are great for a big crowd. Saw them at V shortly after the Origins of Symmetry album and they smacked it.

Never really been massively into them though, one of those bands whose albums have 10 tracks and I only rate 2/3 of them....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

MUSE on 12:46 - May 22 with 2964 viewsDaiHo0p

MUSE on 12:37 - May 22 by Metallica_Hoop

Alternative rock would be easiest, but again they are nothing like Biffy Clyro whom also used to fit into that niche and recently have gone more mainstream.

Fookin good live genre

How's that?

Good enough thanks. I hear Queen, Opera, U2, Manics, The Darkeness, classical, Jon & vangelis all in one place...

We are arriving after Dizzy Rascal hopefully..
MUSE on 12:47 - May 22 with 2958 viewsrobith

I used to love Muse when I was younger, their first two albums were superb. They've slowly disappeared up their own backside.

Though I do wonder what the people from their first album who said they were just ripping off Radiohead thought when they heard songs like Knights of Cydonia!

They also used to be so rip roaring live - their live rep has gone to their heads a bit for me and the lights etc have gone waaaaaaaaaaay too far
MUSE on 12:50 - May 22 with 2953 viewsMetallica_Hoop

MUSE on 12:46 - May 22 by DaiHo0p

Good enough thanks. I hear Queen, Opera, U2, Manics, The Darkeness, classical, Jon & vangelis all in one place...

We are arriving after Dizzy Rascal hopefully..

Go to the bottle stall thing if you arrive and don't fancy some rap.

The queue for there goes quick as it's only for BEER bottles.

MUSE on 12:52 - May 22 with 2947 viewsgjc104

Have seen them abaout a dozen times now, and will be at the Ricoh tonight and Ethihad next month to see them. Still probably the best live band on the planet.

Looking forward also to seeing Bastille, but will step outside when Dizzee Rascal is on!!!
MUSE on 12:55 - May 22 with 2933 viewsHollowayRanger

tell them to keep the noise down or i'll be on to the council again!!!!!

ive got all their numbers and quite enjoy complaining about that ground

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

MUSE on 12:57 - May 22 with 2928 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I worked on this one too 12 years!!!!!

Login to get fewer ads

MUSE on 12:59 - May 22 with 2925 viewsRangersDave

MUSE on 12:55 - May 22 by HollowayRanger

tell them to keep the noise down or i'll be on to the council again!!!!!

ive got all their numbers and quite enjoy complaining about that ground

Saturday will be my 8th gig of theirs,
Absolutely fantastic group. Never any talking B.S. as it's usually 5 sentences the whole gig, and 2 hours of packed music.
Always visually stunning, and very tight musically. Amazing what a 3 piece and a keyboard guy can produce sound wise.

I even went to Japan this last January to see them at the Saitama Arena in Tokyo, and will, if they go to South Africa, as mooted by them, go to Jo'burg in November /December this year too.
Enjoy the power, the melody, the sound and the spectacle.
cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

MUSE on 13:11 - May 22 with 2910 viewsA40Bosh

MUSE on 12:57 - May 22 by Metallica_Hoop

I worked on this one too 12 years!!!!!

EVERY NIGHT FOR 2 HOURS ALL I HEAR IS THAT RIFF BEING PLAYED BADLY BY MY 14 YEAR OLD GIRL TRYING TO TEACH HERSELF THE KEYBOARDS!!!!

In fairness, considering she never had a lesson off of anyone two play bass and treble lines at the same time is pretty impressive - the beauty of learn by Youtube!

'Tally, what did you used to/still do on those type of music shows?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

MUSE on 13:23 - May 22 with 2895 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bottom left, see the close protection guy in white? Who that hairy firker next to him?

I'm more 'fire safety' though.

MUSE on 13:24 - May 22 with 2890 viewssimmo

MUSE on 13:23 - May 22 by Metallica_Hoop

Bottom left, see the close protection guy in white? Who that hairy firker next to him?

I'm more 'fire safety' though.

Fire safety? With long hair like that?!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

MUSE on 13:28 - May 22 with 2879 viewsMetallica_Hoop

MUSE on 13:24 - May 22 by simmo

Fire safety? With long hair like that?!

You mis-understand with my legs I'm safely away!

MUSE on 16:40 - May 22 with 2806 viewsSonofNorfolt

Dai,
Absolution is comfortably their best album, listen to that.
I haven't bothered since the last Wembley stadium shows about three years ago.
Thought there last couple of albums have been poor, virtually parodying themselves.
Reading 2005? was probably the highlight, even took a show in Bologna in, where I met 'em.
I'd put money that Bellamy & Co go and see Rush on Friday night.
MUSE on 16:53 - May 22 with 2785 viewsN12Hoop

Many moons ago I swent to see Muse at the LA Astoria where their support band was Coldplay! Now that was a contrast of sound.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

MUSE on 18:38 - May 22 with 2756 viewsDorsetR

will be at the Emirates on Sunday, never seen them live but thought it was about time, weren't they voted the best live band last year ?
also going to see Mark Knopfler on Saturday , so should be a great weekend of music
MUSE on 19:05 - May 22 with 2745 viewswombat

MUSE on 12:37 - May 22 by Metallica_Hoop

Fookin good live genre

How's that?

Never seen them but can imagine they smash it in the right stadium . The library isn't the greatest football ground for live music I've found it's a bit flat for some reason not sure why maybe the prawn sardines absorb bass

Enjoy and if you want to see a proper live rock band treat yourselves to a foo fighters gig that's proper live music

Poll: which is your favouite foot

MUSE on 20:26 - May 22 with 2720 viewssmegma

MUSE on 12:47 - May 22 by robith

I used to love Muse when I was younger, their first two albums were superb. They've slowly disappeared up their own backside.

Though I do wonder what the people from their first album who said they were just ripping off Radiohead thought when they heard songs like Knights of Cydonia!

They also used to be so rip roaring live - their live rep has gone to their heads a bit for me and the lights etc have gone waaaaaaaaaaay too far

They disappeared up their own orifices by the time of the 2nd album in my opinion. I saw them at an NME Awards show about March 2000 and they were a great live band. Bought the first album on the strength of the live show and thought the album was also great. When the second album came out I was listening to them being interviewed on the radio and me and my brother looked at each in the car and thought WTF !! . It went something like 'so tell me about the new album and what the title relates to'. 'Well everything in the universe , right, has an origin, including the new album, and everything has a symmetry .If you had no origin, you'd have no symmetry." It was like listening to Neil off the Young Ones droning on in his stupid hippy monotone. They were either at the mushrooms or totally up their own orifices. Or in this case, BOTH.

And their subsequent albums are full of self indulgent guitar twiddling nonsense lapped up by the masses.
MUSE on 20:34 - May 22 with 2713 viewsSonofNorfolt

MUSE on 20:26 - May 22 by smegma

They disappeared up their own orifices by the time of the 2nd album in my opinion. I saw them at an NME Awards show about March 2000 and they were a great live band. Bought the first album on the strength of the live show and thought the album was also great. When the second album came out I was listening to them being interviewed on the radio and me and my brother looked at each in the car and thought WTF !! . It went something like 'so tell me about the new album and what the title relates to'. 'Well everything in the universe , right, has an origin, including the new album, and everything has a symmetry .If you had no origin, you'd have no symmetry." It was like listening to Neil off the Young Ones droning on in his stupid hippy monotone. They were either at the mushrooms or totally up their own orifices. Or in this case, BOTH.

And their subsequent albums are full of self indulgent guitar twiddling nonsense lapped up by the masses.

They were on mushrooms.
That's not true about the other albums at all, there not exactly Satriani style songs.
MUSE on 10:07 - May 23 with 2669 viewsgjc104

Saw them for about the 10th time last night at the Ricoh, spectacular musically and visually. Wont give you any spoliers for those who are planning to go.
MUSE on 10:15 - May 23 with 2660 viewsTW_R

MUSE on 20:26 - May 22 by smegma

Showbiz was a good album. I find now that I can't tell the difference between a lot of their songs. They all seem a bit same-y to me. I also find Matt Bellamy's voice gets a bit annoying after a few tracks.
MUSE on 22:14 - May 23 with 2632 viewsDaiHo0p

Thanks for all the feedback, as usual Rangers rule on the Hi Bro Front.

Looking forward to Panic Stationing my arse etc

I also like Hysteria, Uprising, Survival and Follow Me.. love always Dai

MUSE on 22:45 - May 23 with 2610 views100percent

MUSE on 20:34 - May 22 by SonofNorfolt

They were on mushrooms.
That's not true about the other albums at all, there not exactly Satriani style songs.

Norf/Smegs...... guess what I think about muse.....???!
MUSE on 01:38 - May 24 with 2581 viewsSonofNorfolt

MUSE on 22:45 - May 23 by 100percent

Norf/Smegs...... guess what I think about muse.....???!

At a push, I would imagine that you rate 'em up with your favourites like Shalimar & The Real Thing.
I could be mistaken though.
Must thank you again for the entry to Reading 2006, where they were on the money. There is a good photo of us lot backstage from that night, although it might be the year after. Let me know if you want a copy.
We talk about all this bollox because we need a release from the shiiite we've had to endure this season.
MUSE on 01:51 - May 24 with 2578 viewsgobbles

MUSE on 16:53 - May 22 by N12Hoop

Many moons ago I swent to see Muse at the LA Astoria where their support band was Coldplay! Now that was a contrast of sound.

I was at that gig too. First saw them as support to Ash there. Sunday at the Emirates will be the 19th time I've seen them live I think. The best was Madison Square Garden. Absolution is my favourite album.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024