Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sunday morning misogs 09:39 - Aug 18 with 2843 viewsdavidaeaton

OK, here we are again, a Sunday morning, you've just woken up and then......remember the swans had a 4-1 loss yesterday
You've got that empty feeling and you feel hungover and just sorry for yourself, but in the cold light of day in your misog state, you start to realise there's 37 games left to rectify this!
I don't know why people are being vilified for thinking before the united game that we could pull off a result? Whether it be a point or all 3? If we're not here to compete but to roll over to these media darlings then why pay all that money week in week out to watch these games?
No ones got divine right to victory you've got to earn it, but on an equal footing we were not disgraceful yesterday I just think an awful lot of factors came in to this defeat.
I think the score line its self massively flattered utd but the clinical overtures were abundant.
I think this is a massive reality check and yes I think although we played well and not so well, I think some players may have had the billy big bollox knocked out of them last night and that's not a bad thing!
We're fighting on four fronts this season, league, euro, fa cup, capital one cup, in the league let's be realistic we need to attain 40 points at least and survival, the cups will work themselves out.
I'm sure this isn't the last morning we're going to wake up miserable, and then analysis will follow in droves, but we played the English champions, and whilst we could and should have done better, we didn't disgrace ourselfs we tried to put in a shift but were not completely at the races, utd showed why they're streets ahead with a pressure soaking performance and frightening concise finishing due to mediocre defending, but I feel we've more than enough about our game to put this to bed and move on!

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

sunday morning misogs on 09:42 - Aug 18 with 2835 viewsperchrockjack

That s a logical post that should make me feel better.
It will .
Eventually.

I ll be off to Wales shortly anyway so I can vent my sleen there

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

sunday morning misogs on 09:45 - Aug 18 with 2822 viewsdavidaeaton

sunday morning misogs on 09:42 - Aug 18 by perchrockjack

That s a logical post that should make me feel better.
It will .
Eventually.

I ll be off to Wales shortly anyway so I can vent my sleen there

Ha ha thanks mate, trust me I sulked like a 10 year old last night, and its not much better this morning, but that's part and parcel of being a swans/football fan, its good you can vent your anger, frustrations, or adulation on these forums.

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

sunday morning misogs on 09:48 - Aug 18 with 2809 viewsperchrockjack

I don't know whether you re new poster but I like the cut of your jib.
Someone on here accused me of taking pleasure in seeing a lose.

Ive been accused of many things and called all sorts but that has stuck with me

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

sunday morning misogs on 09:59 - Aug 18 with 2783 viewsdavidaeaton

sunday morning misogs on 09:48 - Aug 18 by perchrockjack

I don't know whether you re new poster but I like the cut of your jib.
Someone on here accused me of taking pleasure in seeing a lose.

Ive been accused of many things and called all sorts but that has stuck with me

I was on the old old site many years ago through league one etc days, but then was always angry so stopped posting, came on here early 2012.
Its what makes it tick is the differing opinions, they may anger you, they may make you laugh or they provoke much debate and talking point.
No ones right or wrong (90% of the time anyway) as personal opinion is just that, personal.
As I've grown older ( I won't say matured as I'm equally an arsehole as I'm balanced) I've learnt more than ever it takes all sorts to make the world go round, when you read things that anger you its human nature, much like the stuff you agree with, I take most things tongue in cheek but I too get provoked but try and diffuse it my end before venting anger, its hard sometimes though

sunday morning misogs on 10:07 - Aug 18 with 2747 viewshammy

Yes, yesterday's defeat did not feel like a 4-1 drubbing. We had as many chances as them and probably more of the possession. I felt that we needed to take the lead (the disallowed / offside goal was a bit of a turning point for them I felt). Bony could have had a hat trick and probably will against some of the lesser teams. We've now had one of our toughest home fixtures and will hopefully learn a lot for the rest of the season.

We could do with getting at least a point against Spurs and a win against West Brom to get us up and running for the season. I think we need to get out of the relegation zone as quickly as possible before the psychology of struggling kicks in !

But there is really no need to panic since we have a very good mid table squad and should do well against teams outside of last season's top 7.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

sunday morning misogs on 10:13 - Aug 18 with 2738 viewsdavidaeaton

sunday morning misogs on 10:07 - Aug 18 by hammy

Yes, yesterday's defeat did not feel like a 4-1 drubbing. We had as many chances as them and probably more of the possession. I felt that we needed to take the lead (the disallowed / offside goal was a bit of a turning point for them I felt). Bony could have had a hat trick and probably will against some of the lesser teams. We've now had one of our toughest home fixtures and will hopefully learn a lot for the rest of the season.

We could do with getting at least a point against Spurs and a win against West Brom to get us up and running for the season. I think we need to get out of the relegation zone as quickly as possible before the psychology of struggling kicks in !

But there is really no need to panic since we have a very good mid table squad and should do well against teams outside of last season's top 7.

Yeah agreed, we've just got man utd at home out of the way! I know these are the glamour games, and the ones we all look forward to, but we've played it, we ferked it, no shame move on upwards and onwards.
The psychology of the game will hopefully be rectified Thursday with a stirring performance, let's be blunt second leg v malmo we were lacklustre so maybe we are in a mini blip, we rinsed through pre season and perhaps a dearest will give players perspective however hard to take

sunday morning misogs on 10:21 - Aug 18 with 2710 viewsdavidaeaton

Another perspective on the matter is we're gutted we didn't get a point or beat them, (obviously bravado fuelled before match) and this is a huge testament to our journey thus far!
In our inaugural season we lost 0-1 at home to them but even the most staunch of swans fans probably feared the drubbing we received yesterday (score line drubbing not performance) last season we drew! The away games we've lost both but in fergies last dance we were better than them it just wasn't our script, so to be disconsolate that we've lost to the champions of England speaks volumes in its own right if that makes sense

sunday morning misogs on 10:31 - Aug 18 with 2692 viewsjudgejonevs

Far too much common sense on this thread.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Login to get fewer ads

sunday morning misogs on 10:39 - Aug 18 with 2672 viewsdavidaeaton

sunday morning misogs on 10:31 - Aug 18 by judgejonevs

Far too much common sense on this thread.

My pineapple slippers let me walk around on my egg shell floor with no interruptions from my neighbour the yellow and pink elephant who drinks blue lemonade................how's that (apart from u hinged and a desperate cry for help) ?

sunday morning misogs on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 2645 viewsjudgejonevs

sunday morning misogs on 10:39 - Aug 18 by davidaeaton

My pineapple slippers let me walk around on my egg shell floor with no interruptions from my neighbour the yellow and pink elephant who drinks blue lemonade................how's that (apart from u hinged and a desperate cry for help) ?

That's better.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

sunday morning misogs on 10:51 - Aug 18 with 2632 viewsdavidaeaton

sunday morning misogs on 10:46 - Aug 18 by judgejonevs

That's better.

Thank ferk for that, hitting me with the sensible brush is a defamation of my character!

sunday morning misogs on 12:24 - Aug 18 with 2530 viewsSpratty

sunday morning misogs on 10:51 - Aug 18 by davidaeaton

Thank ferk for that, hitting me with the sensible brush is a defamation of my character!

Yep but brilliant description of the mild depression as sleep gives way to reality. Plus the rightful if sometimes not totally realistic hopes and aspirations.
sunday morning misogs on 12:54 - Aug 18 with 2477 viewsdavidaeaton

sunday morning misogs on 12:24 - Aug 18 by Spratty

Yep but brilliant description of the mild depression as sleep gives way to reality. Plus the rightful if sometimes not totally realistic hopes and aspirations.

Its all the prog rock its mellowed me mun
[Post edited 18 Aug 2013 12:56]

sunday morning misogs on 13:09 - Aug 18 with 2459 viewscsf

If it's any consolation, I walked into the Liberty yesterday knowing Wycombe had lost at home to Mansfield!! Thsoe days are a few yearss ago for the Swans!!
sunday morning misogs on 13:12 - Aug 18 with 2455 viewsdavidaeaton

sunday morning misogs on 13:09 - Aug 18 by csf

If it's any consolation, I walked into the Liberty yesterday knowing Wycombe had lost at home to Mansfield!! Thsoe days are a few yearss ago for the Swans!!

That's the BIG perspective clincher! I love football, grass roots, kids in the park, Sunday league, amateur, semi pro, to all pros, but where we are now which is scaling the summit with England's best, won't last forever, so embrace it whilst its here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024