Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
general rehaul! 16:29 - Aug 19 with 7598 viewsdavidaeaton

I know there's a few threads on this but what do we think of the support at home at the moment? And the in house entertainment and goal songs?
I think we've gone very stale and stagnant and we need new material,
Things like "we will we will michu" are to be blunt fecking awful and embarrassing!
Some of the flags are good and have a bit of humour etc but our supports not reflecting it?
They seemed to dispense of the half time kids pens but don't know if it was because of rain?
I don't know if its because of a new fan base but we don't seem to have teeth anymore or the 'vetch intimidation'
I always thought when we were not in premiership and I would watch Prem games on the box that the atmos seemed crap, but our games are starting to be like that, I don't know if we're becoming a little complacent?
I didn't have that electric feeling like our first home encounter with utd.
The last time I felt like that was probably forest at home in the play off semi, I know this is the least of our worries and I know you can say if team performs the crowd are up for it, but it needs to be a two way street.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 16:39]

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

general rehaul! on 16:34 - Aug 19 with 6748 viewsyescomeon

I agree I have noticed a decline. Some guys behing me and my kept telling us to sit down. Ruins the game for me and makes it difficult to get involved.

Upthecity!

general rehaul! on 16:38 - Aug 19 with 6721 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 16:34 - Aug 19 by yescomeon

I agree I have noticed a decline. Some guys behing me and my kept telling us to sit down. Ruins the game for me and makes it difficult to get involved.

I think that's a good point, the north bank was void of seats and you stood in there like sardines and sang your balls off, but now stewards and old men etc tell you to sit, its not feckin ballet mun

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

general rehaul! on 00:59 - Aug 20 with 6392 viewsBelfast

Tell them to feck off then.

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

general rehaul! on 06:35 - Aug 20 with 6345 viewsDr_Winston

Am I deaf or are they chanting Miguel Miguel Michu and not we will?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

general rehaul! on 06:52 - Aug 20 with 6324 viewsAndy1300

general rehaul! on 06:35 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

Yes we are singing Miguel Miguel Michu, only thick people sing we will we will

Number 1 team in Wales

general rehaul! on 15:02 - Aug 20 with 6107 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 06:35 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

Miguel, we will, still sounds fecking ridiculous and embarrassing
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 15:59]

general rehaul! on 15:03 - Aug 20 with 6100 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 06:52 - Aug 20 by Andy1300

Yes we are singing Miguel Miguel Michu, only thick people sing we will we will

There must be an awful lot of thickos there then because thats exactly what it sounds like, not exactly a creative song is it?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 16:00]

general rehaul! on 16:13 - Aug 20 with 6012 viewsrossshaw

general rehaul! on 15:03 - Aug 20 by davidaeaton

There must be an awful lot of thickos there then because thats exactly what it sounds like, not exactly a creative song is it?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 16:00]

Let me know when you come up with a replacement song then so that we can all chant it instead of this. At the moment, there isn't one. Until there is a better one, this is better than nothing because we are still showing support to the players.

Trundle could still do a job..

Login to get fewer ads

general rehaul! on 16:19 - Aug 20 with 6005 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 16:13 - Aug 20 by rossshaw

Let me know when you come up with a replacement song then so that we can all chant it instead of this. At the moment, there isn't one. Until there is a better one, this is better than nothing because we are still showing support to the players.

In turn let me know when you've something creative to say, its my opinion that it sounds terrible and yours that its good, that's the beauty of a forum see you can have a say on how you feel about things

general rehaul! on 16:27 - Aug 20 with 5982 viewsrossshaw

general rehaul! on 16:19 - Aug 20 by davidaeaton

In turn let me know when you've something creative to say, its my opinion that it sounds terrible and yours that its good, that's the beauty of a forum see you can have a say on how you feel about things

And I gave you my own opinion

And I never said it sounded good. All I said is that it's all we have
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 16:28]

general rehaul! (n/t) on 16:29 - Aug 20 with 5974 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 16:27 - Aug 20 by rossshaw

[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 17:17]

general rehaul! on 16:32 - Aug 20 with 5963 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 16:27 - Aug 20 by rossshaw

To be fair I've jumped down your throat there so I apologise, but it confounds my original point, if that's the only song we have then the atmosphere isn't what it used to be, I think you make a good point about trying to come up with something? Some suggestions could be good and take off?

general rehaul! on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 5959 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

To be fair a lot of our old songs were creative and original (or at least unique to us). All you hear now are rehashes of other clubs songs or some half assed attempt on here which gets knocked down before given a chance.

Anything with a catchy tune thats unique will make it as a football song as others won't even know half the words.

Credit to Man U fans who get a lot of crap but I had never heard a football chant come from "Come on feel the noise" before (there's probably one somewhere) and I thought it was good.

Surely we can just try a bit harder to come up with our own??

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

general rehaul! on 16:42 - Aug 20 with 5941 viewslandorejack

Think it's prob to do with because not everyone can get season tickets you can't sit near your mates . My season is in amongst the biggest moaning bast,rds you could ever meet and it totally spoils it .if I stand up and start singing I'm on my own and look a numpty cos everyone else around me just sit there and bit,h about our players . Obviously newbies who haven't experienced something worth really moaning about
general rehaul! on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 5932 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 16:37 - Aug 20 by PatchesOHoulihan

To be fair a lot of our old songs were creative and original (or at least unique to us). All you hear now are rehashes of other clubs songs or some half assed attempt on here which gets knocked down before given a chance.

Anything with a catchy tune thats unique will make it as a football song as others won't even know half the words.

Credit to Man U fans who get a lot of crap but I had never heard a football chant come from "Come on feel the noise" before (there's probably one somewhere) and I thought it was good.

Surely we can just try a bit harder to come up with our own??

The slade chant got on my titties, but, it was effective, it probably got on my nerves cos they were doing us but you're right we had some good songs, like "if I had the wings of a sparrow"......"hark now hear the Swansea sing"......."walking down the mumbles road to see .......aces". Etc etc, I'm not saying they were amazing but they were noisy, we were noisy, and probably intimidating
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 16:54]

general rehaul! on 16:49 - Aug 20 with 5924 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 16:42 - Aug 20 by landorejack

Think it's prob to do with because not everyone can get season tickets you can't sit near your mates . My season is in amongst the biggest moaning bast,rds you could ever meet and it totally spoils it .if I stand up and start singing I'm on my own and look a numpty cos everyone else around me just sit there and bit,h about our players . Obviously newbies who haven't experienced something worth really moaning about

Again a good point, that was the beauty of the north bank, maybe I should face facts we will never have those days back

general rehaul! on 20:01 - Aug 20 with 5791 viewsrossshaw

general rehaul! on 16:32 - Aug 20 by davidaeaton

To be fair I've jumped down your throat there so I apologise, but it confounds my original point, if that's the only song we have then the atmosphere isn't what it used to be, I think you make a good point about trying to come up with something? Some suggestions could be good and take off?

That's fine haha! I didn't actually look at the comment you edited because I went to the gym immediately after I made my comment. But yes, if we can create better songs, then all the better. Definitely with you on that. I, however, have the creativity of a stone.

general rehaul! on 20:17 - Aug 20 with 5772 viewsCatullus

Maybe we should have a challenge?

Choose a song and write new words to it?

Who'll have a go?

I will, give me two days and I'll post something!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

general rehaul! on 09:26 - Aug 21 with 5652 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 20:01 - Aug 20 by rossshaw

That's fine haha! I didn't actually look at the comment you edited because I went to the gym immediately after I made my comment. But yes, if we can create better songs, then all the better. Definitely with you on that. I, however, have the creativity of a stone.

It wasn't horrible mate, I just said something like the argument was silly and stop being a dick when it was I being the dick it wasn't you that annoyed me it was another one who I put on ignore trolling all my comments like a 12 year old on Facebook, I was in one and took it out on you, no biggy its given us a challenge

general rehaul! on 13:24 - Aug 21 with 5581 viewsclement

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-jose-can

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

general rehaul! on 20:34 - Aug 21 with 5434 viewsmljonzy

They tell you to sit down because by standing up your obstructing their view. I have experienced someone standing up during the game and it is really annoying and inconsiderate.
general rehaul! on 22:28 - Aug 21 with 5358 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 13:24 - Aug 21 by clement

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-jose-can

I read that article in bewilderment as most people I've talked to thought the atmosphere wasn't up to scratch

general rehaul! on 22:32 - Aug 21 with 5350 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 20:34 - Aug 21 by mljonzy

They tell you to sit down because by standing up your obstructing their view. I have experienced someone standing up during the game and it is really annoying and inconsiderate.

I think its an age old argument, I know since the hillsbro' disaster safety in stadiums is justifiably paramount,however, I think a standing section like that in parc scarlets or whatever its called could be a compromise? I stand if I'm honest, but, I've nothing but the wall behind me, but I just couldn't sit at a football match I'm to animated, me along with I'd say at least 10,000 others in the 20,000 crowd

general rehaul! on 22:38 - Aug 21 with 5343 viewsmljonzy

general rehaul! on 22:32 - Aug 21 by davidaeaton

I think its an age old argument, I know since the hillsbro' disaster safety in stadiums is justifiably paramount,however, I think a standing section like that in parc scarlets or whatever its called could be a compromise? I stand if I'm honest, but, I've nothing but the wall behind me, but I just couldn't sit at a football match I'm to animated, me along with I'd say at least 10,000 others in the 20,000 crowd

I agree there should be a section for people that want to stand up. It would make everyone happy but I think there is a rule that all premier league stadiums must be all seated.
general rehaul! on 22:49 - Aug 21 with 5338 viewsdavidaeaton

general rehaul! on 22:38 - Aug 21 by mljonzy

I agree there should be a section for people that want to stand up. It would make everyone happy but I think there is a rule that all premier league stadiums must be all seated.

Yeah it stems from the fa after 1989 and obviously the disaster at hillsbro all top flight teams had to have seats, think they tried to filter it all the way down but obviously some clubs can't afford it, I do understand and would never want to piss on the memory of the 96 but I just think people are standing by their seats anyway, and like you sad it is discourteous to stand in front of those who wish to sit, ( boring git ) I'm only kidding its each to their own

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024