Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We had 482 passes against Spurs.... 19:28 - Aug 26 with 2381 viewscupidstunt

All in our own half.
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/premier-league-notes-weekends-killer-stats
We had 482 passes against Spurs.... on 19:38 - Aug 26 with 2350 viewsPozuelosSideys

Which is what happens when you defend with a defensive line as deep as we did yesterday and tend to often away from home..

... it invites pressure and you can get penned in. Think its to counteract teams with pacy front men so they find it harder to get in behind.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 19:38]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

We had 482 passes against Spurs.... on 19:57 - Aug 26 with 2276 viewsskippyjack

we played deeper than usual.. plus bony was on the bench to stop spurs dominating the midfield. Paulinho..Capoue..Dembele. That's the reason why Laudrup put Michu up top. It's either drop Michu or Bony.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

We had 482 passes against Spurs.... on 21:51 - Aug 26 with 2103 viewsSpratty

The impression I get from the OP was that 482 was the totality of all our passes against Spurs and that they were all in our own half. I knew the latter was not true from the evidence of my own eyes.

What it actually said was:

"Swansea had 482 touches in their own half in this game, the most of any team in the league this weekend"

i.e it is only listing what happened in our own half.
Yes we were holding the ball but surely that was our intention.
We had the most possession in that game (even with a few of our players regularly losing he ball) and we had an equal number of shots on target.

I thought our team worked really hard to defend against a big physical team and did well to keep the score to 0-0 for as long as they did and then only conceded to an incorrect decision from the ref. The card happy ref also stifled our play early on.

It is early days against the top teams from last season. Yes some players had problems and we seemed quite bunched up but we have a raft of new players that need to settle in to the team (and vice versa), the PL and the different playing styles best suited to different teams. Not to mention our European adventure. So IMHO early days to make major negative judgement. I would say that is a pragmatic view not
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024