Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scoring Goals 00:57 - Nov 5 with 1301 viewsPozuelosSideys

Given all the discussion around tactics and playing staff and how ML likes to play the game, i thought id throw this stat into the mix.

For me, ML seems to have gone with a 'contain and defend' strategy for the majority of games so far this season, especially in the first half of matches. Many disagree with this way of playing , particularly at home - im one of them. Long gone are the days where we just pummel teams from the first whistle and get off to a flier. Remember that?

However, under ML, we have only won 1 game where we havent scored first. That was Wigan away and they were utter dogshit. The time before that was against WBA under BR in February 2012!!

What im trying to say is that we are playing with the handbrake on. We cant afford to start slowly. If we do, the tempo suffers and we cannot get it back. Its not something that is just switched on and off. ML needs to man up and show some balls tactically Yes sometimes we'll get smashed, but so phucking what? At the moment we struggle to defend one goal leads anyway!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Scoring Goals on 00:59 - Nov 5 with 1291 viewsSwansNZ

I agree - let's go out there and score first.

... and stop them scoring, thereafter!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Scoring Goals on 01:05 - Nov 5 with 1280 viewsPozuelosSideys

id also argue that our season went downhill at liverpool last year.. not after winning the league cup. that gubbing left scars on ML..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Scoring Goals on 01:15 - Nov 5 with 1268 viewsSwansNZ

Scoring Goals on 01:05 - Nov 5 by PozuelosSideys

id also argue that our season went downhill at liverpool last year.. not after winning the league cup. that gubbing left scars on ML..

... which also coincided with moving Michu up front on a regular basis, which only really worked against a poor QPR team, I think

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Scoring Goals on 06:17 - Nov 5 with 1221 viewsDr_Winston

Scoring Goals on 01:15 - Nov 5 by SwansNZ

... which also coincided with moving Michu up front on a regular basis, which only really worked against a poor QPR team, I think

Bingo.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scoring Goals on 08:05 - Nov 5 with 1147 viewsjojaca

Good post, spot on with contain and defend tactics. The tactic only worked for a few weeks last season when we had chelsea in carling cup. But since the Liverpool drubbing our results are shocking. We need to come out of the traps like young Mike Tyson entering the ring smelling the blood of his opponents. West Brom at home last year was a good example of a high fast tempo start

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024