Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? 22:33 - Jun 22 with 1421 viewsSS2013

Return on investment works out pretty well. Will the board break our stringent wage budget ? I think not!

Very interesting this one, 9 times out of ten he'd go to Newcastle surely for the wages ?

http://whatculture.com/sport/bafetimbi-gomis-snubs-newcastle-to-join-swansea.php

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 23:09 - Jun 22 with 1301 viewsJackoBoostardo

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/115900/gylfi-and-gomis..

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 23:12 - Jun 22 with 1285 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's 28 years old. This would not be an investment. He could score 20 goals next season and we'd struggle to offload him for £10m.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 23:14 - Jun 22 with 1277 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 23:12 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's 28 years old. This would not be an investment. He could score 20 goals next season and we'd struggle to offload him for £10m.

But I'd counter argue that 20 goals would be a good start. Look how long it took Bony to settle in. If we could get the two together up front then the opposition could be blitzed by two strong out-and-out strikers!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 23:44 - Jun 22 with 1194 viewsperchrockjack

He gets goals.an investment

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 00:22 - Jun 23 with 1123 viewsJackoBoostardo

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 23:44 - Jun 22 by perchrockjack

He gets goals.an investment

And every goal gets us closer to another season in the Premier League (and another annual windfall courtesy of TV revenue and PL position reward).

We did well in Europe - but we did struggle. Would love to do it again and who's to say we won't - we should be building on success now and looking forward.

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 14:33 - Jun 23 with 846 viewsperchrockjack

exactly.An investment is not someone brought in the cheap but who does not contribute to the cause. Ngog was cheap as well.. Vasquez was also cheap or at least I hope he was .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 14:43 - Jun 23 with 814 viewsJackSomething

It's amusing that those who are not overwhelmed by the prospect of signing Gomis are being painted as misers who would rather have Itay, Vasquez or N'Gog.

Dwight has a point in that Gomis would not be a typical Swansea signing, especially as he would offer little resale value. I'd be more interested in players like Castaignos personally.

If however, Bony were to leave, Gomis would make perfect sense, alongside another striker signing.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gomis is a bargian even if we have to pay 50k a week ? on 15:52 - Jun 23 with 649 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

As has been mentioned elsewhere, I don't think we can afford for our back-up striker to be a 21-year-old hot prospect who could be quality in a few years but for now is still raw and in development. Bony's going to be gone for a bit in the winter (and indeed could be gone permanently before the season starts), so we really do need an experienced striker capable of bedding in straight away and hitting the ground running when necessary.

Someone like Gomis is a must-buy IMO. People are on about his resale value (or lack thereof), but if we get him on a 3 year contract and he scores goals to contribute to us staying in this league and possibly challenging for some silverware, then that's enough of a return for me, thanks.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 16:13]

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024