Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? 17:40 - Nov 29 with 819 viewsParlay

We play a game with fast wingers and knocking balls over the top for the likes of Routs, barrow and montero to run on to, but each time an excellent pass was played the ball couldnt grip the surface and it skidded off for a goal kick, the frustrating part is that each time the winger had easily out ran the full back. We should water the middle third to ensure a slick short passing game but leave the final thirds..

We started off like a house on fire and got the goal we deserved, once they got gifted a penalty they decided that if they continued actually trying to win the game then we would come out on top and shut the game down. Time wasting a plenty and two banks of 5 in front of the goalkeeper.

We had no space and no options available to play through them. We simply came up against a side wanting a point at all costs. I hope our fans go away not too critical and hope QPR come with a more adventurous attitude on Tuesday.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 18:29 - Nov 29 with 761 viewsmorningstar

How do you know we don't water the middle third?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 18:57 - Nov 29 with 700 viewsjackrabbit

Perhaps Warnock requested it.

Can't think of any other reason. As you say the ball skidded away from Montero,especially, on a number of occasions and our players were slipping and sliding, especially Taylor, all second half. Totally illogical.

I think also Warnock must have requested that we starve Montero of the ball second half.
Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:06 - Nov 29 with 680 viewsParlay

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 18:57 - Nov 29 by jackrabbit

Perhaps Warnock requested it.

Can't think of any other reason. As you say the ball skidded away from Montero,especially, on a number of occasions and our players were slipping and sliding, especially Taylor, all second half. Totally illogical.

I think also Warnock must have requested that we starve Montero of the ball second half.

I don't think the away manager has any say. Must have been our decision - Thats why Im so baffled.

Forum celebrity

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:10 - Nov 29 with 672 viewsAnotherJohn

The same thought expressed by the OP came into my mind when the ball over the top ran away from Montero a couple of times. We seem to water the pitch for every match, and somebody needs to assess whether this is really such a good idea.
Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:17 - Nov 29 with 643 viewsParlay

Works against us every time. We should just water the middle.

Forum celebrity

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:30 - Nov 29 with 613 viewsSwansNZ

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:10 - Nov 29 by AnotherJohn

The same thought expressed by the OP came into my mind when the ball over the top ran away from Montero a couple of times. We seem to water the pitch for every match, and somebody needs to assess whether this is really such a good idea.

Probably because we are so used to playing in the rain.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:35 - Nov 29 with 590 viewsDarran

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:10 - Nov 29 by AnotherJohn

Exactly we're struggling like f*ck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 20:34 - Nov 29 with 525 viewsParlay

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 19:35 - Nov 29 by Darran

Exactly we're struggling like f*ck.

We were certainly struggling to get on the end of those balls tonight. Seems silly to leave such an obvious thing be just because we are doing well, by simply not watering the pitch it means we have a greater chance if doing even better. Perfect balls today which should have resulted in dangerous attacks ended up as goal kicks.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 20:41 - Nov 29 with 517 viewsDarran

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 20:34 - Nov 29 by Parlay

We were certainly struggling to get on the end of those balls tonight. Seems silly to leave such an obvious thing be just because we are doing well, by simply not watering the pitch it means we have a greater chance if doing even better. Perfect balls today which should have resulted in dangerous attacks ended up as goal kicks.

If they ended up as goal kicks they obviously weren't perfect.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 21:02 - Nov 29 with 482 viewsParlay

Watering of the pitch in the final third?? Why?? on 20:41 - Nov 29 by Darran

If they ended up as goal kicks they obviously weren't perfect.

As each ball bounced over the defender and into the path of the winger, i was waiting for it to bite into the ground and the resultant chance, instead they skidded off faster than when they left the boot. Infuriating that such a simple thing could have such an effect on our game. I hope it gets noted as there arent many teams that play with such pace like us so it will work against us not for us. We need to make the home pitch as suited to our play as possible, just like Arsenal used to do in the invincible era.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024