Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why VIrtual Reality is the next big thing. 11:51 - Jul 10 with 656 viewsLord_Bony

Facebook's Mark Zuckenberg paid $2 billion dollars for the rights of Occulus Rift.

Social media and gaming are about to change forever as we enter the virtual world.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Why VIrtual Reality is the next big thing. on 12:51 - Jul 10 with 613 viewsjedijack

I'm not falling for it personally. I can see it's benefits in certain applications such as flight/racing sims but for everything else, bleh. I've tried the Rift, and Vive and was pretty underwhelmed by both, they actually made me feel a bit sick after only a few minutes. Give me a triple screen setup with 180 degree field of view and Track IR for sims/FPS any day.

Zuckerberg wants his 2 Billion back, and the Facebook hype machine is going full steam ahead to make sure that happens. Although the Vive appears to be preferred by many at the moment though, including a couple of friends of mine.

The only VR solution that excites me at all is Microsoft's Hololens. Has nothing to do with gaming but I like the idea of full native Windows integration.

At the moment I'm classing VR in the 3D/4K bracket. $$$$ for the tech sector.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024