Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights telly 08:28 - Sep 11 with 948 viewsbritferry

A chance to see me in person

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8721667/Who-Wants-Millionaire-crown-w

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Tonights telly on 10:40 - Sep 11 with 900 viewsCatullus

Gizza quid...go on, gizza job!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tonights telly on 07:39 - Sep 12 with 791 viewsbritferry

Tonights telly on 10:40 - Sep 11 by Catullus

Gizza quid...go on, gizza job!

Did you get them?

In the UK, the abbreviation NHS stands for National what Service?

A Humanity
B Health
C Honour
D Household

Which Disney character was known for losing a glass slipper at a ball?

A Pocahontas
B Sleeping Beauty
C Cinderella
D Elsa

What name is given to the revolving belt machinery at an airport?

A Hangar
B Terminal
C Concourse
D Carousel

Which of these brands was chiefly associated with the manufacture of household locks?

A Phillips
B Flymo
C Chubb
D Ronseal

The hammer and sickle is one of the most recognisable symbols of which political ideology?

A Republicanism
B Communism
C Conservatism
D Liberalism

Which toys have been marketed with the phrase ‘Robots in Disguise’?

A Bratz Dolls
B Sylvanian families
C Hatchimals
D Transformers

What does the word ‘loquacious’ mean?

A Angry
B Chatty
C Beautiful
D Shy

Obstetrics is the branch of medicine particularly concerned with what?

A Childbirth
B Broken bones
C Heart conditions
D Old age

In Doctor Who, what was the signature look of the Fourth Doctor as portrayed by Tom Baker?

A Bow tie, braces and tweed jacket
B Wide-brimmed hat and extra long scarf
C Pinstripe suit and trainers
D Cape, velvet jacket and frilly shirt

Which of these religious observances lasts for the shortest period of time during the calendar year?

A Ramadan
B Diwali
C Lent
D Hanukkah

At the closest point, which island group is only 50 miles south-east of the coast of Florida?

A Bahamas
B US Virgin Islands
C Turks and Caicos Islands
D Bermuda

Construction of which of these famous landmarks was completed first?

A Empire State Building
B Royal Albert Hall
C Eiffel Tower
D ‘Big Ben’ Clock Tower

Which of these cetaceans is classified as a ‘toothed whale’?

A Gray whale
B Minke whale
C Sperm whale
D Humpback whale

Who is the only British politician to have held all four ‘Great Offices of State’ at some point during their career?

A David Lloyd George
B Harold Wilson
C James Callaghan
D John Major

In 1718, which pirate died in battle off the coast of what is now North Carolina?

A Calico Jack
B Blackbeard
C Bartholomew Roberts
D Captain Kidd

ANSWERS: B, C, D, C, B, D, B, A, B, B, A, D, C, C, B

Tonights telly on 09:08 - Sep 12 with 772 viewsCatullus

I would have needed help on four of them, Ramadan, Landmarks, the Whale and the 4 great offices questions.

I knew Blackbeard died off the Carolinas, I watched a documentary series about pirates. I know Calico Jack was executed and was hung in a cage on what is/was Rackhams Quay. Kidd was killed in the UK.

Religious questions always stump me because I just don't do religion. My phone a friends could have helped with Landmarks and the politician but I most likely wouldn't have gotten that far. Ramadan would have been my barrier.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Tonights telly on 09:46 - Sep 12 with 759 viewsbritferry

Tonights telly on 09:08 - Sep 12 by Catullus

I would have needed help on four of them, Ramadan, Landmarks, the Whale and the 4 great offices questions.

I knew Blackbeard died off the Carolinas, I watched a documentary series about pirates. I know Calico Jack was executed and was hung in a cage on what is/was Rackhams Quay. Kidd was killed in the UK.

Religious questions always stump me because I just don't do religion. My phone a friends could have helped with Landmarks and the politician but I most likely wouldn't have gotten that far. Ramadan would have been my barrier.

I knew the last 2... didnt have a clue about the whales though, he knew his stuff, he'd actually taught about "piracy", only used one life-line, he took the 50-50 on the "religious observances", it left Ramadan and Diwali but he knew Ramadan lasted a month.

His brother had been on it last year and only won £500k, he got stuck on:
Which of these people was born the same year as Queen Elizabeth II?
Audrey Hepburn, Judy Garland, Julie Andrews and Marilyn Monroe.
which I wouldnt have a clue about... it was D btw

but only the other night, I failed on a £4k question, which the girl failed on too:
Which of these ITV daytime shows was first broadcast in 1988?
A. Dickinson's Real Deal; B. GMTV; C. Loose Women; D. This Morning.
she took the 50-50, which took out A & C, went for B and it was D

Tonights telly on 10:09 - Sep 12 with 751 viewsCatullus

Tonights telly on 09:46 - Sep 12 by britferry

I knew the last 2... didnt have a clue about the whales though, he knew his stuff, he'd actually taught about "piracy", only used one life-line, he took the 50-50 on the "religious observances", it left Ramadan and Diwali but he knew Ramadan lasted a month.

His brother had been on it last year and only won £500k, he got stuck on:
Which of these people was born the same year as Queen Elizabeth II?
Audrey Hepburn, Judy Garland, Julie Andrews and Marilyn Monroe.
which I wouldnt have a clue about... it was D btw

but only the other night, I failed on a £4k question, which the girl failed on too:
Which of these ITV daytime shows was first broadcast in 1988?
A. Dickinson's Real Deal; B. GMTV; C. Loose Women; D. This Morning.
she took the 50-50, which took out A & C, went for B and it was D

I worked out it was Monroe by films, I used to be a real film buff. I also had a feeling it was This morning but would probably have used a lifeline, I was always in work when breakfast tv was on back then, I was up and starigt out the door.

I often slip up on the lower price answers, the 4/8k questions. As someone said, they are all easy if you know the answer!
I watch a lot of quiz shows including The Chase, Eggheads, Only Connect and Osmans house of games. My wife often says I have a head full of useless crap which will only be useful if I get on a show! I know completely random things about some really obscure stuff.

Tonights telly on 11:41 - Sep 12 with 716 viewsGreatBritton

I got most of them but I probably would have chickened out at the whale question. If a lifelne had helped me then I most certainly would have chickened out on the pirate one. I cash out on Paddy Power when a team is 3-0 up, just in case.
Tonights telly on 13:23 - Sep 12 with 689 viewsHumpty

Tonights telly on 11:41 - Sep 12 by GreatBritton

I got most of them but I probably would have chickened out at the whale question. If a lifelne had helped me then I most certainly would have chickened out on the pirate one. I cash out on Paddy Power when a team is 3-0 up, just in case.

I reached question 12 before getting any wrong. I went Big Ben. Got the whale one and the politician one wrong after that.
Tonights telly on 14:04 - Sep 12 with 683 viewsDJack

Tonights telly on 09:08 - Sep 12 by Catullus

I had an issue with the exact same four...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024