Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Human Rights Act and murderers 07:59 - May 13 with 1435 viewsonehunglow

There is an article within that stipulate the "right" of a prisoner to marry in prison.

This includes monsters like Bellfield.

I this worthy of discussion . I find it hard to do so but maybe the rest of you can a it's topical and apposite to Bellfield's case.

It has to be said prisoners have more rights than victims families and of course the victim him/herself who has no rights left whatsoever.

I will say Bellfield is a paradigm for capital punishment which many still support although they are smothered by the very people who created the Human Rights Act in the first place-arguably.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 09:43 - May 13 with 1197 viewsLorax

I thought prison was about punishment, when I was young. In the modern world it has become about a lot more. Prisoners seem free to live their lives behind the walls. They have tv and internet, the right to marry and seem to have easy access to drugs.

There is nothing much off putting about prison to a career criminal. Sentences are getting lower, time inside is apparently easy.

I am, in the right circumstances, in favour of the death penalty. Bellfield fits those circumstances.
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 10:30 - May 13 with 1184 viewsonehunglow

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 09:43 - May 13 by Lorax

I thought prison was about punishment, when I was young. In the modern world it has become about a lot more. Prisoners seem free to live their lives behind the walls. They have tv and internet, the right to marry and seem to have easy access to drugs.

There is nothing much off putting about prison to a career criminal. Sentences are getting lower, time inside is apparently easy.

I am, in the right circumstances, in favour of the death penalty. Bellfield fits those circumstances.

Terrific riposte .
You truly are ahelluva poster

Prison is there to protect us and anything more is a bonus

Right now, a Murderer from Hull who slaughtered a child is appealing against his whole life sentence

It’s why I find Barristers at Law incredible

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 11:32 - May 13 with 1171 viewscontroversial_jack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 09:43 - May 13 by Lorax

Career criminals are more deterred by frequent shorter sentences than long ones as it interferes with their "career."

Bellfield etc, is another matter
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 13:29 - May 13 with 1148 viewsraynor94

Capital punishment for the most heinous of crimes should never have been abolished.

What is the point of a full life sentence?

These creatures don't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

Wasting millions

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 13:38 - May 13 with 1145 viewsonehunglow

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 13:29 - May 13 by raynor94

Capital punishment for the most heinous of crimes should never have been abolished.

What is the point of a full life sentence?

These creatures don't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

Wasting millions

Full life was the carrot offered to MPs to have pass the Abolition Bill.
Basically ,they were conned as the Bill might not well have passed otherwise.
The first and luckiest ones to escape the rope were Brady and Hindley.
Human Rights my ringpiece.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 14:39 - May 13 with 1136 viewscontroversial_jack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 13:38 - May 13 by onehunglow

Full life was the carrot offered to MPs to have pass the Abolition Bill.
Basically ,they were conned as the Bill might not well have passed otherwise.
The first and luckiest ones to escape the rope were Brady and Hindley.
Human Rights my ringpiece.

It had nothing to do with human rights. It was abhorrent , ineffective as a deterrent and often executed the innocent
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 16:46 - May 13 with 1110 viewsWingstandwood

The reason these psycho's do their 'prison requests' and innocence scam campaigns is because they know the fact there are many lowlife nutjobs out there that'll support them.

Look at the serial killer, child killer and family killer and his devotee in the video at 45:20s onwards.

"Well listen I love you, Good luck, Give my love to the boys" and the intimate hand touching goodbye FFS. Says a lot of what we are dealing with here. The guy is being manipulated by a psychopath and way too stupid to realise it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardeen_family_homicides

[Post edited 13 May 2022 16:54]

Argus!

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 16:49 - May 13 with 1107 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I’d rather keep them alive but make every day a living hell.
Login to get fewer ads

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 16:58 - May 13 with 1094 viewsLorax

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 11:32 - May 13 by controversial_jack

Career criminals are more deterred by frequent shorter sentences than long ones as it interferes with their "career."

Bellfield etc, is another matter

Not you again! That makes absolutely no sense. How can 3 x 6 month sentences interfere more than a straight 18 months?

What irritates is the people with a long rap sheet who keep getting community service or custody probation.
I know of one, where we used to live, who had committed a string of burglaries, well over double figures, he did them high on drugs and was accused of assaults as well, he was out a few days after a 6 month stretch and robbed his own friends house. Not the brightest spark because he was seen by several people and reported when neighbours found out it had happened. He didn't go back inside though. I don't know what his punishment was but I saw him walking around the area regularly afterwards.

OHL, I have nothing against Barristers, we have a system and yes, it's not perfect but it's what we have, it's not their fault our criminal justice system is weak.
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 17:01 - May 13 with 1092 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 16:58 - May 13 by Lorax

Not you again! That makes absolutely no sense. How can 3 x 6 month sentences interfere more than a straight 18 months?

What irritates is the people with a long rap sheet who keep getting community service or custody probation.
I know of one, where we used to live, who had committed a string of burglaries, well over double figures, he did them high on drugs and was accused of assaults as well, he was out a few days after a 6 month stretch and robbed his own friends house. Not the brightest spark because he was seen by several people and reported when neighbours found out it had happened. He didn't go back inside though. I don't know what his punishment was but I saw him walking around the area regularly afterwards.

OHL, I have nothing against Barristers, we have a system and yes, it's not perfect but it's what we have, it's not their fault our criminal justice system is weak.

The number of times you see someone in the news who has committed a horrendously violent act and then it goes on to say they have about 80 previous convictions, it’s so frustrating. Just lock the scum up forever, it’s not hard to go through life without committing serious crimes.
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 17:41 - May 13 with 1075 viewsonehunglow

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 14:39 - May 13 by controversial_jack

It had nothing to do with human rights. It was abhorrent , ineffective as a deterrent and often executed the innocent

No,not often at all.
Anyway,we 're talking 60 years ago.

It IS abhorent to keep these killers alive whilst the family are killed forever with pain of loss.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 00:24 - May 14 with 1027 viewscontroversial_jack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 17:41 - May 13 by onehunglow

No,not often at all.
Anyway,we 're talking 60 years ago.

It IS abhorent to keep these killers alive whilst the family are killed forever with pain of loss.

Approx 40% of those hung were innocent. I'm not saying that could happen today with DNA etc, but there are still many miscarriages going on
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 00:25 - May 14 with 1026 viewscontroversial_jack

I don't know why, as i'm not a criminologist and I don't believe you are either, it's just what I have read
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 08:02 - May 14 with 998 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 00:25 - May 14 by controversial_jack

I don't know why, as i'm not a criminologist and I don't believe you are either, it's just what I have read

The reoffending rate is highest among those with very short sentences and lowest among those longer sentences.

Sentences of less than 6 months have little or no effect.

Longer sentences keep us safe.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 08:34 - May 14 with 993 viewsonehunglow

What I question is the fact that they are tasked with defending often pure evil and it is something I couldnt do.I could say much more but let's just say defending the murderers of Rhys Jones and witnessing their attitude in Court is a hard take.

Nobody force anyone into any profession and take note ,I am careful not to impugn barristers personally but the job their do and the mentality to be able and willing to do so.

I have to be careful as thee remarks saw me banned previously.

It is said we should be judged as a country as to how we treat our prisoners,which is does;it shows we are dumbases. A counrty should be judged as to how it protects its law abiding people.the frail,old,very young and vulnerable. We let people out of jail early to reoffend and to murder in particular and it's in THEIR interest as they no longer pose a threat. People have lost their lives because of this and nobody is that bothered. No demoes,hardly any news-nada

Human Rights is often used as a cover for true evil .It's great to discuss in a court free from the sight of a murder scene but it's the stench of it that the court misses out on.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 15:47 - May 14 with 963 viewscontroversial_jack

The Dutch seem to be doing something right. Their prisons are half empty and they even rent cells out to Belgium. They don't seem to have the drug problems inside that we do
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 16:46 - May 14 with 939 viewsLorax

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 00:25 - May 14 by controversial_jack

Well you posted the claim so post a link to the evidence please. Unless of course, you just made it up?

My evidence,

https://theconversation.com/short-prison-sentences-as-a-last-resort-wont-work-un

It could be you just worded your reply badly.
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 18:10 - May 14 with 924 viewsonehunglow

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 15:47 - May 14 by controversial_jack

The Dutch seem to be doing something right. Their prisons are half empty and they even rent cells out to Belgium. They don't seem to have the drug problems inside that we do

No drubs problems in Netherlands.!
Wow.
You know nowt.
Plenty of drug issues and not helped by their liberal attitude to punishment.
Trust me ,it is not nirvana.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 07:08 - May 15 with 885 viewsKilkennyjack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 00:24 - May 14 by controversial_jack

Approx 40% of those hung were innocent. I'm not saying that could happen today with DNA etc, but there are still many miscarriages going on

This is correct.

Think of the miscarriages of justice.
Can you bring them back to life after realising the person is entirely innocent.

The Cardiff bay Lynnette White murder was police trying to react to public pressure to find someone, anyone. Shameful.

So the OP is quite wrong.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 7:09]

Beware of the Risen People

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 07:47 - May 15 with 873 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Nothing can ever bring back the victims of IRA miscarriages of justice.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 08:51 - May 15 with 856 viewsonehunglow

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 07:08 - May 15 by Kilkennyjack

This is correct.

Think of the miscarriages of justice.
Can you bring them back to life after realising the person is entirely innocent.

The Cardiff bay Lynnette White murder was police trying to react to public pressure to find someone, anyone. Shameful.

So the OP is quite wrong.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 7:09]

Whole lifre sentences.Are they wrong too?
Is there any perfect system.

The smell of death .

It's great to debate though from the safety of your chair.

Next time a child is raped and slowly butchered by a released murderer,recall my words.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 10:18 - May 15 with 840 viewscontroversial_jack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 18:10 - May 14 by onehunglow

No drubs problems in Netherlands.!
Wow.
You know nowt.
Plenty of drug issues and not helped by their liberal attitude to punishment.
Trust me ,it is not nirvana.

I stated within the prisons. I talked with a Den Haag guy over for the last home game. He's a prison officer there and said " They don't have a significant drugs problem within the prison." I know that Dutch prisons are relatively empty, that's been in the media many times. You really should read posts properly before commenting, it would save you a lot of embarrassment and same others having to explain to you
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 10:33 - May 15 with 832 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 10:18 - May 15 by controversial_jack

I stated within the prisons. I talked with a Den Haag guy over for the last home game. He's a prison officer there and said " They don't have a significant drugs problem within the prison." I know that Dutch prisons are relatively empty, that's been in the media many times. You really should read posts properly before commenting, it would save you a lot of embarrassment and same others having to explain to you

Drug problems have also significantly reduced in UK prisons in the last two years. Thanks to the introduction of airport style security, biometric identification for visitors and advanced drug-testing machines.

Over 20,000 attempts to smuggle drugs and weapons have be foiled over the last years.

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 10:44 - May 15 with 828 viewscontroversial_jack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 10:33 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

Drug problems have also significantly reduced in UK prisons in the last two years. Thanks to the introduction of airport style security, biometric identification for visitors and advanced drug-testing machines.

Over 20,000 attempts to smuggle drugs and weapons have be foiled over the last years.

If that's the case then great. I just wonder why it wasn't introduced earlier, it's not exactly new technology.
The Human Rights Act and murderers on 12:19 - May 15 with 811 viewsKilkennyjack

The Human Rights Act and murderers on 08:51 - May 15 by onehunglow

Whole lifre sentences.Are they wrong too?
Is there any perfect system.

The smell of death .

It's great to debate though from the safety of your chair.

Next time a child is raped and slowly butchered by a released murderer,recall my words.

Whole life sentences are essential.

Your ‘hang them high’ approach is proven not to work as a deterrent.
Thats why it was binned in the first place.

Aren’t you also debating from the comfort of your chair ?
Or have you signed up to fight in the International Brigade in Ukraine - i thought not .. 🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024