Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football in 2017/18 01:42 - Jan 3 with 1659 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Tonight summed up exactly what I dislike most about modern football

A diving cheating English "superstar" gets to take all the plaudits for a goal which sealed the game despite playing on the edge of cheating for 90 mins.

Refs too scared to make decisions which needed to be made because of media coverage

I used to love this game so much and now I'm old I'm just a spectator to a game which seems different to what I played

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Football in 2017/18 on 03:13 - Jan 3 with 1621 viewstaylorsmade

I really couldn’t agree more. The sport is getting rotten to the core and the diving and screaming of some players is abhorrent.
Unless the referees get control of the game back, the sport will lose many older generation fans
Football in 2017/18 on 03:20 - Jan 3 with 1619 viewsE20Jack

The refereeing needs looking at and has needed doing so for many years.

Every single person in the stadium, watching at home, in the commentary box, even the officials themselves knows that fouls that would be given as a yellow card are not punished simply because a player already has a yellow - yet nothing gets done about it, it is just accepted.

Same with fouls in the box, anywhere else on the pitch its a free kick. In the box you have to be assaulted. Again, everybody on the planet knows this - yet nothing is done.

This allows refs to be selective to who they give these decisions to as they are so inconsistent. And again we all know that the less media reaction and focus will be if they are given against the small teams against the big boys - so thats how it goes. Again - we all know this, but nothing gets done.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 3:23]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Football in 2017/18 on 07:23 - Jan 3 with 1490 viewsnierika

Football in 2017/18 on 03:13 - Jan 3 by taylorsmade

I really couldn’t agree more. The sport is getting rotten to the core and the diving and screaming of some players is abhorrent.
Unless the referees get control of the game back, the sport will lose many older generation fans

VAR and retrospective action
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024