Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerry Marsden RIP 18:33 - Jan 3 with 304 viewsKeithHaynes

Died 78 years of age.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Gerry Marsden RIP on 20:10 - Jan 3 with 284 viewsonehunglow

Indeed.
This i a personal tribute .

When a young in service Plod I was called to a "very loud party getting out of hand" job at a big house in Birkenhead's prestige area. Those jobs were always the ones where you d get the "I pay your wages" ,"Do you know who I am," I 'll have a word with your Chief Supt at the golf club".Being a maverick,I loved those jobs whereas many colleagues dreaded them.

I got there at 1am and its going big style in a marquee;a 21st birthday pressie for Pippa one.

I get t the front door and basically ask to turn it down or shut it off.

Im told it's Gerry Marsden. I say,"isnt he dead" .

Anyway,no joy so I hang around and walk into the rear garden which is like a smaller Brynmill Park.It is indeed Gerry doing a solo acoustic spot of his standards .

He finishes a song and seeing me ,nods and smiles.I nod back and beckon him to the side.

I say I dont want to be here but the neighbours are whinging and Im about to go off duty.

He tells me if he can do 3 more songs. I say ,youll have to turn it down though then I'll walk away but no doubt you'll turn it back up after I head off .He says yeah I will.

The music is turned down and I knob off .

Another complaint comes in 1 hour later.

The absolute bugger.

A great lad who gave 35m to various charities and never moved away from the land he loved.

Thanks Gerry ,La

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Gerry Marsden RIP on 20:34 - Jan 3 with 264 viewsSwanjaxs

Gerry Marsden RIP on 20:10 - Jan 3 by onehunglow

Indeed.
This i a personal tribute .

When a young in service Plod I was called to a "very loud party getting out of hand" job at a big house in Birkenhead's prestige area. Those jobs were always the ones where you d get the "I pay your wages" ,"Do you know who I am," I 'll have a word with your Chief Supt at the golf club".Being a maverick,I loved those jobs whereas many colleagues dreaded them.

I got there at 1am and its going big style in a marquee;a 21st birthday pressie for Pippa one.

I get t the front door and basically ask to turn it down or shut it off.

Im told it's Gerry Marsden. I say,"isnt he dead" .

Anyway,no joy so I hang around and walk into the rear garden which is like a smaller Brynmill Park.It is indeed Gerry doing a solo acoustic spot of his standards .

He finishes a song and seeing me ,nods and smiles.I nod back and beckon him to the side.

I say I dont want to be here but the neighbours are whinging and Im about to go off duty.

He tells me if he can do 3 more songs. I say ,youll have to turn it down though then I'll walk away but no doubt you'll turn it back up after I head off .He says yeah I will.

The music is turned down and I knob off .

Another complaint comes in 1 hour later.

The absolute bugger.

A great lad who gave 35m to various charities and never moved away from the land he loved.

Thanks Gerry ,La

Cool story, La 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Gerry Marsden RIP on 12:07 - Jan 4 with 198 viewsonehunglow

Reading through the tributes to Gerry this morning,it' apparent this fella was genuinely loved to death.

He was a Liverpool fan .So what!.

Will be sadly missed by many well away from Liverpool area and the memories of their 3 number hits from 55 years ago will remain with millions world wide Fact.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024