Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mettoy & Dragon 32 10:38 - Jan 3 with 973 viewsbritferry

This brings back memories
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/

I had a Dragon 32, was chuffed to bits with it, then I saw my mates Commodore 64 and then I was gutted, still had hours of fun with it though, first time I ever heard of Microsoft too.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

0
Mettoy & Dragon 32 on 10:58 - Jan 3 with 944 viewsBoundy

in the late 60's Mettoys used to dump their defective toys on the marsh road from Llansamlet , that is until us kids discovered it

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Mettoy & Dragon 32 on 11:31 - Jan 3 with 923 viewsWingstandwood

My mother worked in Mettoys, that factory built toys that were powered by a child's imagination as opposed to batteries, electronic circuitry and remote control. An era when kids tended not to get bored so easily? Many of those toys were built to take knocks and took an absolute battering to then be passed down to a little brother.

I watched an an antique collectors programme and certain model toys from Mettoy's and Corgi etc e.g. Batman range, Beatles Yellow Submarine and James Bond Aston Martin etc are highly desirable and collectable. When sold in their original box and in pristine condition. they can be worth a nice sum of money.

Argus!

0
Mettoy & Dragon 32 on 15:06 - Jan 3 with 848 viewsTreforys_Jack

Big employers in Swansea were mettoys, and the likes of alcoa, 3M's , addis, tic toc, metal box, the list goes on and on. Sad really.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026