Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ted Lasso 16:23 - Aug 16 with 1027 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Curious if anyone has seen this show on Apple TV, and what do y'all think of it?

As an American football fan, it has been a love/hate thing for me. Really funny, but really cringe worthy at times, since I'm kind of sensitive about the perception that Americans know nothing about the sport.

The original Ted Lasso concept came about in 2014 as a series of promos for NBC Sports. In that version, he was named manager of Tottenham (with no good explanation of why they would do that), and he was simply portrayed as a complete idiot.

The current series has him as manager of a fictional, mediocre PL club in Richmond, West London. This time, the premise is a little more feasible (but still a little out there): the rich divorcee owner hires a incompetent manager to sabotage the club to get back at her ex.

Incidentally, the owner (played by Hannah Waddingham) has a smoking body.

***SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE END OF SEASON ONE YET***

With AFC Richmond being relegated at the end of season one, there's a good chance there will be some Swansea City references in Season Two.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ted Lasso on 16:52 - Aug 16 with 1001 viewsJack123

I like it, binge watched the first season.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024