Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hierarchy at Swansea city HoF and manager 22:35 - May 7 with 344 viewsReslovenSwan1

The way I saw it the Head of Football Operations HOF deals with the recruitment team head scout and manager and picks players in a general team framework. The HoF would be the man that recommends managers to the CEO and also holds the fate of the manager. I saw Allen as the "protector of the faith" and the one to offer continuity.

At Swansea City what has happened and did the system work?. Mr Allen presumably picked Burns and Ogbeta in January from his Man City links perhaps and they have not featured or been picked by Mr Martin. The CEO unimpressed (allegedly) sacks the head of football.

With Stuart Webber linked last week known to Winter and Martin it seems the tail is wagging the dog at Swansea city and Martin selects the HOF not the other way around perhaps.?

Today Mr Martin chose to pick a midfielder (already due to leave) over the two defender signings (made by Allen?) and an experienced centre back who has had the 'Asoro treatment'. (you do not figure in my plans ).

Martin comes over as a very nice sort of bloke but but there seems little room for compromise in the Martin era. It will be an exciting period next season in my view.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 22:58]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024