Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there going to be a big stock market crash ? 21:04 - Jul 26 with 1952 viewstrampie

I notice that more and more people are predicting there is going to be stock market crashes across the World, AI bubble, Iran war, oil price, sovereign debt of countries etc etc
What with more and more people having DC pensions these days it would be a big worry.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

0
Is there going to be a big stock market crash ? on 22:37 - Jul 26 with 1868 viewsWingstandwood

I have been in the stock market for decades now and personally experienced a few crashes/corrections i.e. dot.com crash, 2008 financial crisis and Covid.

I am not, and will not be selling my allocations which are in diversified worldwide funds, with approx 50% being invested in U.S stockmarket. A case of having a long-term buy and hold strategy, whilst having the security of having available cash to live on, because the panic starts for many when all their savings are in stocks and shares.

Nothing worse than someone being forced to sell from a disadvantageous position to pay bills when index's have fallen significantly.

Will I be piling in/purchasing using amounts of available cash that I have in reserve? Nah, because I think that the U.S S+P 500 (in particular) is indeed currently expensive. In fact come next financial year I shall (depending on conditions) probably sell some of a non-ISA investment invested in S+P 500 and put it in a worldwide dividend ISA fund instead.

As pointed out i.e. potential dark clouds on the horizon (along with high valuations that some think are surreal) have not exactly made me panic, but nevertheless made me less adventurous and more cautious compared to previous years.

Will there be a stockmarket crash this year? There is no crystal ball to predict a crash with 100% correct timing, be it this year or any year after that, what happens will happen. In fact stockmarkets often do the complete and utter opposite of dire predictions say anyhow.

Argus!

0
Is there going to be a big stock market crash ? on 19:21 - Jul 27 with 1601 viewsKeithHaynes

Is there going to be a big stock market crash ? on 22:37 - Jul 26 by Wingstandwood

I have been in the stock market for decades now and personally experienced a few crashes/corrections i.e. dot.com crash, 2008 financial crisis and Covid.

I am not, and will not be selling my allocations which are in diversified worldwide funds, with approx 50% being invested in U.S stockmarket. A case of having a long-term buy and hold strategy, whilst having the security of having available cash to live on, because the panic starts for many when all their savings are in stocks and shares.

Nothing worse than someone being forced to sell from a disadvantageous position to pay bills when index's have fallen significantly.

Will I be piling in/purchasing using amounts of available cash that I have in reserve? Nah, because I think that the U.S S+P 500 (in particular) is indeed currently expensive. In fact come next financial year I shall (depending on conditions) probably sell some of a non-ISA investment invested in S+P 500 and put it in a worldwide dividend ISA fund instead.

As pointed out i.e. potential dark clouds on the horizon (along with high valuations that some think are surreal) have not exactly made me panic, but nevertheless made me less adventurous and more cautious compared to previous years.

Will there be a stockmarket crash this year? There is no crystal ball to predict a crash with 100% correct timing, be it this year or any year after that, what happens will happen. In fact stockmarkets often do the complete and utter opposite of dire predictions say anyhow.


When it crashes weigh in is my only advice.
Covid was brilliant for those with pensions or savings.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

2
Is there going to be a big stock market crash ? on 19:40 - Jul 27 with 1582 viewsWingstandwood

Is there going to be a big stock market crash ? on 19:21 - Jul 27 by KeithHaynes

When it crashes weigh in is my only advice.
Covid was brilliant for those with pensions or savings.


The "buy low sell high" ethos has well and truly worked for the likes of Warren Buffett, maybe that is why he currently has a substantial cash reserve.

Argus!

0
Is there going to be a big stock market crash ? on 18:38 - Jul 29 with 1312 viewsWingstandwood

And with perfect/coincidental timing this guy puts this very informative video on YouTube today.
[Post edited 29 Jul 18:40]

Argus!

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026