Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice article in the Independent 20:18 - Sep 24 with 3568 viewssomersetsimon

"One day, surely, Swansea City will stop improving, stop surprising, and find their level. But for now, at least, their progress continues..."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/analysis-michu-capabl
Nice article in the Independent on 20:24 - Sep 24 with 3514 viewsdgt73

Why do people think our bubble will burst, its hard work and good vision thats has got us to where we are, not luck

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Nice article in the Independent on 20:48 - Sep 24 with 3401 viewsduckling

it's a given every buble will either burst or slowly lose air.
The question isn't if, it's when, but who's to say if it's next month, next year, in a decade or even in a lifetime
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 20:50]
Nice article in the Independent on 20:53 - Sep 24 with 3368 viewsjandyt

Nice article in the Independent on 20:24 - Sep 24 by dgt73

Why do people think our bubble will burst, its hard work and good vision thats has got us to where we are, not luck

Where has he said the bubble will burst? What he said is that we'll find our level, which is very different to saying the bubble will burst. Our level may be where we are now, it may be top four- or in the worst case, the bubble will burst.

The article seemed pretty decent to me and was written by someone who admires us rather than hoping we'll fail. The Independent seem far more fair minded than the Western Mail for example.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Nice article in the Independent on 20:56 - Sep 24 with 3354 viewsthe_gasman

Good post

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Nice article in the Independent on 22:11 - Sep 24 with 3120 viewsMyrddin

Nice article in the Independent on 20:24 - Sep 24 by dgt73

Because one day, and it's looking ever distant in the future. The "Bubble" will burst.

Hard work, vision, and whatever witchcraft has been done to get us here will I am sure the foundations have been set that we will be a constant yo-yo club for years to come.

Soon we will be tested, be it a transfer in or out, manager change that goes not to plan, or even the expectations of our fans.

The game against Liverpool recently was a eye opener for me, I went there and realised we were playing Liverpool and it seemed normal. What I mean by that is a decade ago a game against Liverpool would have been a massive thing, would have caused mass excitement for days in advance. Now it is very much another game.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to realise where we are, especially when these donkey journalists revisit old matches against the likes of Boston, Mansfield, etc.. and recollections of snowy nights in Darlington rush to the eye of my mind.
Nice article in the Independent on 22:28 - Sep 24 with 3049 viewsDavillin

Most of you already know this, but it can stand being posted.

Seven clubs have been in the Premier League from its inception. So far, their bubble has not burst, in other words. Which of them is most likely to have that happen?

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Chelsea
Everton
Liverpool
Man. United
Tottenham

[p.s. I agree jandyt about what the author of the article did say.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Nice article in the Independent on 22:40 - Sep 24 with 2992 viewsLaudrup

The Dutch goalkeeper, who starts the moves that Michu finishes, knows how good he is and how much he gives. “He is not the type who thinks ‘OK, last season I scored so many goals so this season I will be a bit more relaxed’.

Was that a reference to Danny Graham form Vorm?

I hate signatures

Nice article in the Independent on 22:50 - Sep 24 with 2932 viewss1ackjack

Nice article in the Independent on 22:28 - Sep 24 by Davillin

Seven clubs have been in the Premier League from its inception. So far, their bubble has not burst, in other words. Which of them is most likely to have that happen?

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Chelsea
Everton
Liverpool
Man. United
Tottenham

These are all traditionally top flight clubs and although Villa have had their problems of late , in my opinion they now have a good manager and largely a young team who seem to be improving . I see no bubbles bursting there in the immediate future tbh, which leads me to believe that there is no reason why we can't stick up there with these teams if we continue the way we have in recent years.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Login to get fewer ads

Nice article in the Independent on 22:50 - Sep 24 with 2930 viewshammy

Nice article in the Independent on 22:28 - Sep 24 by Davillin

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Chelsea
Everton
Liverpool
Man. United
Tottenham

The Villa skiip ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Nice article in the Independent on 03:08 - Sep 25 with 2733 viewsAdmire

We are ofcourse going to have a "tougher" season at some point, but the way this organisation is build with a the best board in football, a fantastic new facility, and when one of our current big players leave, we are going to get paid very well which the board has shown that they will spend wisely.

I firmly believe that we are going to stay in this division for a very, very long time.
Nice article in the Independent on 06:07 - Sep 25 with 2670 viewsDr_Winston

Nice article in the Independent on 22:40 - Sep 24 by Laudrup

The Dutch goalkeeper, who starts the moves that Michu finishes, knows how good he is and how much he gives. “He is not the type who thinks ‘OK, last season I scored so many goals so this season I will be a bit more relaxed’.

Was that a reference to Danny Graham form Vorm?

No.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nice article in the Independent on 08:32 - Sep 25 with 2512 viewsSpratty

Lovely article change from some of the usual suspects on the radio who seem not to understand Michu's role. Accurate and well deserved praise of Michu's massive commitment and contribution to the team.

Agree no bubble burst (unlike another article I read) just really saying how amazingly well we are doing and eventually must find our level (fair enough there is only so far any team can go in the PL even the Mancs and Chelsea).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024