Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotland purchase complete 16:35 - Mar 16 with 23135 viewsColDale

Been announced on Radio Manc that the share sale has gone through today

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/42302

This post has been edited by an administrator
Spotland purchase complete on 20:06 - Mar 16 with 3003 views442Dale

Spotland purchase complete on 20:05 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Car boot sales every two weeks (Sunday's), open up the Ratcliffe for breakfast/ bar. Loads of scope to make money with the car park.

Wonder if anyone would want to buy a space? Maybe some ten year plan...*

*well whatever's left after the hotel is built. In fact why didn't anyone question that down the road? How can there be anything built on land where spaces have been sold?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 20:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spotland purchase complete on 20:09 - Mar 16 with 2986 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 20:06 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

*well whatever's left after the hotel is built. In fact why didn't anyone question that down the road? How can there be anything built on land where spaces have been sold?

We could build a college near by, that might attract potential customers.Its all about the car park!!
Spotland purchase complete on 20:18 - Mar 16 with 2922 views1mark1

Spotland purchase complete on 20:06 - Mar 16 by 442Dale

Wonder what the payment arrangements are for Hornets. Do they pay per play, or pay a set amount each month/year.

Also will they have to seek permission to hold certain games like friendlies, and will Dale be able to veto a game if they deam that it will cause problems for the pitch.

Overall though, so long as Hornets pay their way, I think it's good that they will play at Spotland as the income will be good, from the rent and match day revenue from kiosks and bars etc.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 20:26 - Mar 16 with 2875 viewsBartRowou

If Hornets sell a Mars bar when they are at Spotland, who gets the profit?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Spotland purchase complete on 20:26 - Mar 16 with 2871 viewsnordenblue

Spotland purchase complete on 19:44 - Mar 16 by DomDale

This.

I've done a few football and rugby matches in the posh seats and Spotland looks very tired. Sadly I'm not sure if inviting potential business partners it would help me seal any deals in it's current guise.

I was in there for the bury game at the weekend and the first thing I said as I walked upstairs was the carpet and skirting needs ripping out and replacing,as decent as the food was when it was served you can't help but be put off by the decor.
I must say credit where it's due Frances was first class from the initial booking to actually taking care of us on the day.
Spotland purchase complete on 20:34 - Mar 16 with 2834 viewsroccydaleian

Spotland purchase complete on 18:38 - Mar 16 by Ninco

So before, we paid 45% of whatever it cost to run the stadium. Now we have to pay 100% of whatever it costs to run the stadium, pay £100k to the council and pay back the stadium company debt for the next 9 years. I don't see the benefit to the club on this one as surely while it increases their assets by 55%, they will be paying out a fortune for the next 9 years. If anyone with business knowledge can explain how it is a benefit to the club, please do.

Mmm! At 18.43 Bury Fan, @chris_lecking posted nearly the same thing on Twitter... Coincidence??
Spotland purchase complete on 21:09 - Mar 16 with 2682 viewsColDale

So before, we paid 45% of whatever it cost to run the stadium. Now we have to pay 100% of whatever it costs to run the stadium, pay £100k to the council and pay back the stadium company debt for the next 9 years. I don't see the benefit to the club on this one as surely while it increases their assets by 55%, they will be paying out a fortune for the next 9 years. If anyone with business knowledge can explain how it is a benefit to the club, please do.

That debt needing repaying would be there whether we regained the stadium or not. Had we not got the shares, the stadium company would still have needed to pay it back (in less time), and the council / rfl who are arguably nothing more than silent partners would hardly have been dipping into their coffers.
Spotland purchase complete on 21:27 - Mar 16 with 2614 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 21:09 - Mar 16 by ColDale

That debt needing repaying would be there whether we regained the stadium or not. Had we not got the shares, the stadium company would still have needed to pay it back (in less time), and the council / rfl who are arguably nothing more than silent partners would hardly have been dipping into their coffers.

Exactly, the Stadium issue was a financial ticking clock,every day the debt increased. The only people ever going to end up sorting out the mess where those associated with the Football Club. At least now you know when you are attending functions,or donating money to Stadium issues such as the pitch covers the proceeds are going to OUR Club.

The work starts now though and the Revenue streams of the Stadium need to be highlighted and then maximised ( wow, I did that all on my own). Do we have the person at the Club with the time and expertise to do all that work? If not it might be cost effective to bring in the right person with a proven track record. Speculate to accumulate.

Encourage the rugby club to use the Stadium for their functions or else otherwise they could use other venues. Give them an incentive, maybe a percentage of bar takings or similar.A healthy relationship with Hornets will probably prove beneficial I would have thought.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 21:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Spotland purchase complete on 21:42 - Mar 16 with 2534 viewspedrodale

I think a the car park may be used as a new driving test centre. Also does anyone know what the stadium company borrowed money of the council for ?
Spotland purchase complete on 21:46 - Mar 16 with 2514 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 21:42 - Mar 16 by pedrodale

I think a the car park may be used as a new driving test centre. Also does anyone know what the stadium company borrowed money of the council for ?

To build the Wilbutts.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spotland purchase complete on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 2501 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 19:17 - Mar 16 by nordenblue

The club also get to keep 100% of the takings whilst at the same time not paying rent,add to this the naming rights to the stadium could well go up for sponsorship it could earn the football club a small fortune if marketed to its potential I'm guessing.
There are loads of other avenues to explore too as previously mentioned on here

I'm pretty sure all rents went 100% towards the upkeep/running costs of the Stadium so although not 'rent' we will still be paying the same amount. The bonus is we can explore new revenue streams and make all the decisions.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Spotland purchase complete on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 2463 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 21:49 - Mar 16 by dingdangblue

I'm pretty sure all rents went 100% towards the upkeep/running costs of the Stadium so although not 'rent' we will still be paying the same amount. The bonus is we can explore new revenue streams and make all the decisions.

Also,the Stadium and land belongs to us,thats the important part.

If somebody ever asked what the legacy was of our most successful time in the Clubs history, we can now point to the purchasing of the Stadium. It might not have happened had we remained in league two, it certainly would have made it more difficult. That's why i mentioned Keith Hill in a earlier post. I am pretty sure he was aware that off field matters would hamper recruitment, if thats the case he's done excellently.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 22:15]
Spotland purchase complete on 22:15 - Mar 16 with 2402 viewsrochdaleriddler

not sure the trust should be chipping in to refurbish the bar area, isnt that the clubs job?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Spotland purchase complete on 22:18 - Mar 16 with 2386 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 22:15 - Mar 16 by rochdaleriddler

not sure the trust should be chipping in to refurbish the bar area, isnt that the clubs job?

So were the pitch covers but we purchased those.
Spotland purchase complete on 22:22 - Mar 16 with 2353 views49thseason

Well done to all concerned in the negotiations. The deal has taken much longer to complete than any of us thought possible and its effects will have been felt throughout the club. Now that we own the ground, the emphasis will move onto phase two and three (if Keith doesn't mind be borrowing one of his phrases). My guess would be that the main stand will be refurbished and extended to provide several new income streams - better dining and entertainment spaces, more office space and meeting and exhibition spaces etc. I think the purchase of the Ratcliffe Arms was also part of the process.
Owning the land also allows the club to offer security on loans and overdrafts and will also give confidence to potential investors that their money is protected.
The third phase will include developing the Academy and ultimately first team training facility at Bowlee.
The money for these developments may well mean that finances will be held on a tight rein for a while yet and we may not see an immediate impact on the pitch, but there is no doubt that in my mind that this is the right course of action and I await more news with great interest.
Spotland purchase complete on 22:34 - Mar 16 with 2294 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 22:22 - Mar 16 by 49thseason

Well done to all concerned in the negotiations. The deal has taken much longer to complete than any of us thought possible and its effects will have been felt throughout the club. Now that we own the ground, the emphasis will move onto phase two and three (if Keith doesn't mind be borrowing one of his phrases). My guess would be that the main stand will be refurbished and extended to provide several new income streams - better dining and entertainment spaces, more office space and meeting and exhibition spaces etc. I think the purchase of the Ratcliffe Arms was also part of the process.
Owning the land also allows the club to offer security on loans and overdrafts and will also give confidence to potential investors that their money is protected.
The third phase will include developing the Academy and ultimately first team training facility at Bowlee.
The money for these developments may well mean that finances will be held on a tight rein for a while yet and we may not see an immediate impact on the pitch, but there is no doubt that in my mind that this is the right course of action and I await more news with great interest.

Would it not be more cost effective to rent training facilities rather than purchase/maintain/staffing something that probably wouldnt match something that could be covered on a monthly rent?

It seems to me that you could be making work for yourself for little gain. I dont see how we could fund our own training facilities without it becoming a big financial drain on the Club. Our home attendances aren't good enough. In a ideal world it would be great.

At this level I've never seen the attraction of having our own training complex/ Bowlee.Full time jobs required maintaining the pitches,cleaning changing rooms/ recreation rooms. Rates,Utility bills,insurance.Maintaining security etc,why give yourself such a big problem? Rent a facility and walk away.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 22:45]
Spotland purchase complete on 22:39 - Mar 16 with 2270 viewsmingthemerciless

Spotland purchase complete on 20:18 - Mar 16 by 1mark1

Wonder what the payment arrangements are for Hornets. Do they pay per play, or pay a set amount each month/year.

Also will they have to seek permission to hold certain games like friendlies, and will Dale be able to veto a game if they deam that it will cause problems for the pitch.

Overall though, so long as Hornets pay their way, I think it's good that they will play at Spotland as the income will be good, from the rent and match day revenue from kiosks and bars etc.

As I understand it the respective match referees will decide wether the pitch is playable or not , just like they always have. I don't know how the pitch rental will be paid for but the deal was too good to turn down.
Spotland purchase complete on 22:46 - Mar 16 with 2239 viewsDorsetDale

Spotland purchase complete on 22:34 - Mar 16 by TalkingSutty

Would it not be more cost effective to rent training facilities rather than purchase/maintain/staffing something that probably wouldnt match something that could be covered on a monthly rent?

It seems to me that you could be making work for yourself for little gain. I dont see how we could fund our own training facilities without it becoming a big financial drain on the Club. Our home attendances aren't good enough. In a ideal world it would be great.

At this level I've never seen the attraction of having our own training complex/ Bowlee.Full time jobs required maintaining the pitches,cleaning changing rooms/ recreation rooms. Rates,Utility bills,insurance.Maintaining security etc,why give yourself such a big problem? Rent a facility and walk away.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2016 22:45]

To be fair he did state 3rd phase.

Mr Dunphy stated it had taken 10 years to get where we are now

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Spotland purchase complete on 22:49 - Mar 16 with 2220 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 22:46 - Mar 16 by DorsetDale

To be fair he did state 3rd phase.

Mr Dunphy stated it had taken 10 years to get where we are now

I probably wont be around so crack on.
Spotland purchase complete on 22:54 - Mar 16 with 2207 viewsdingdangblue

Yes because everyone in the world is striving to rent their property - owning your own property is for losers!

Spotland purchase complete on 23:09 - Mar 16 with 2172 viewsmr_fri_night

Spotland purchase complete on 21:42 - Mar 16 by pedrodale

The new Rochdale Driving Test Centre will be moving to Spotland later in the year using part of Chris Dunphy's old offices on Wilbutts Lane
Spotland purchase complete on 23:11 - Mar 16 with 2165 viewsdownunder

Spotland purchase complete on 22:54 - Mar 16 by dingdangblue

Yes because everyone in the world is striving to rent their property - owning your own property is for losers!

Was about to post something similar. The age old argument re mortgage or rent. I have always favoured a mortgage, as with renting you will never own the property. If you can afford it, go for it.
Great news this. Following on from Holt's return and the upturn in results, this is a good time to follow Dale. I doff my cap to those who have followed for years. Can you believe the transformation in the last 10 years?
Spotland purchase complete on 03:13 - Mar 17 with 2027 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Start with one of these again :-)

Spotland purchase complete on 05:37 - Mar 17 with 1978 viewsdownunder

Spotland purchase complete on 03:13 - Mar 17 by Albert_Whitehurst

Start with one of these again :-)

Nooooo! It would ruin the pitch!
Spotland purchase complete on 05:51 - Mar 17 with 1964 viewsColDale

Spotland purchase complete on 23:09 - Mar 16 by mr_fri_night

The new Rochdale Driving Test Centre will be moving to Spotland later in the year using part of Chris Dunphy's old offices on Wilbutts Lane

Might not fund a Prem Lge bid, but it suggests that the club are keen and have already taken steps to increase the revenue provided by a fully owned stadium.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024