Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotland purchase complete 16:35 - Mar 16 with 23779 viewsColDale

Been announced on Radio Manc that the share sale has gone through today

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/42302

This post has been edited by an administrator
Spotland purchase complete on 22:31 - Mar 17 with 2934 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 21:39 - Mar 17 by R17ALE

Phoenix Brewery in Heywood have already done a few themed Rochdale AFC ales.

The Cem have stocked these, and one is called Spotland Gold, whilst the other (lesser known) is called Dunphy's Delight I think*. Regal Moon once sold Spotland Gold, brought out in our Centenary season to mark it.

*Surely, he must be the only Chairman to ever have a beer brewed and named after him?

This sort of accolade is normally reserved for the likes of Fred Truman. (Tetleys).

I dont know, Grant has got Holts.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spotland purchase complete on 00:18 - Mar 18 with 2805 viewsdownunder

Spotland purchase complete on 14:09 - Mar 17 by VespaDale

So you'd be happy to pay £22 & a floating City / Utd fan get the seat next to you for £15? Nice way to reward the loyal supporters!!!

There might be something in that idea though. Could be a few United fans not renewing their season tickets the way their season is crumbling. I am sure we are capable of half time prawn sandwiches.
Any income is good income.
Spotland purchase complete on 02:41 - Mar 18 with 2765 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Spotland purchase complete on 21:39 - Mar 17 by R17ALE

Phoenix Brewery in Heywood have already done a few themed Rochdale AFC ales.

The Cem have stocked these, and one is called Spotland Gold, whilst the other (lesser known) is called Dunphy's Delight I think*. Regal Moon once sold Spotland Gold, brought out in our Centenary season to mark it.

*Surely, he must be the only Chairman to ever have a beer brewed and named after him?

This sort of accolade is normally reserved for the likes of Fred Truman. (Tetleys).

Pictish Brewery in Castleton also, high quality.

Would be great to see something like the Ratcliffe along the lines of the Leyton Orient Supporters Club bar which has a great selection of ales, ran beer festivals periodically and (I think) was nominated as one of the top real ale pubs in the area.
Spotland purchase complete on 08:26 - Mar 18 with 2638 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 02:41 - Mar 18 by Albert_Whitehurst

Would be great to see something like the Ratcliffe along the lines of the Leyton Orient Supporters Club bar which has a great selection of ales, ran beer festivals periodically and (I think) was nominated as one of the top real ale pubs in the area.

No reason why not - need to make it so people come for the day and experience - not just the football. Spotland Social Club is heaving most Saturday games - these people should be at Spotland in the bars there. Better/cheaper beer is the best way of doing that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Spotland purchase complete on 09:34 - Mar 18 with 2574 viewsD_Alien

That would be the icing on the cake, or the head on t' pint, or summat!

There's also a new brewery just opened on the Fieldhouse industrial estate, plus there's the Serious Brewing Company in Littleborough.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Spotland purchase complete on 10:26 - Mar 18 with 2519 viewsDaleiLama

That would indeed be a business model worthy of emulation.

http://www.orientsupporters.webeden.co.uk/bar/4532477306

I know there is competition from the Ceme down the road, but that's often packed and whilst I've never had a bad pint in there, I've never had a great one either. The Spotland Gold is good but can be a bit up and down (like the Dale's season this year!) There is a real opportunity here (pun intended) to offer proper quality food and beer and complement the match day experience, whilst keeping supporters spending in-house.

I see the stadium acquisition as a massive positive, in terms of marketing, revenue generation etc, but it also begs the question, will this shift resources away from attendance improvement? My feeling (albeit from a remote perspective) is way more attention is being focussed on the corporate/business side of things than getting more fans through the turnstiles. The bottom line is that this angle may be a lot more profitable and its a case of going for the lower hanging fruit first. I hope we don't suffer from a small team of people having too many balls in the air to juggle, but Rome wasn't built in a day, so a bit of patience will no doubt be required.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Spotland purchase complete on 10:33 - Mar 18 with 2506 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 10:26 - Mar 18 by DaleiLama

That would indeed be a business model worthy of emulation.

http://www.orientsupporters.webeden.co.uk/bar/4532477306

I know there is competition from the Ceme down the road, but that's often packed and whilst I've never had a bad pint in there, I've never had a great one either. The Spotland Gold is good but can be a bit up and down (like the Dale's season this year!) There is a real opportunity here (pun intended) to offer proper quality food and beer and complement the match day experience, whilst keeping supporters spending in-house.

I see the stadium acquisition as a massive positive, in terms of marketing, revenue generation etc, but it also begs the question, will this shift resources away from attendance improvement? My feeling (albeit from a remote perspective) is way more attention is being focussed on the corporate/business side of things than getting more fans through the turnstiles. The bottom line is that this angle may be a lot more profitable and its a case of going for the lower hanging fruit first. I hope we don't suffer from a small team of people having too many balls in the air to juggle, but Rome wasn't built in a day, so a bit of patience will no doubt be required.

Improving the match day experience can only help attract potential fans. If the Stadium and bars are developed correctly it can only have a positive effect. I have a group of friends who I bring at least a couple of times a season - although not Dale fans - I try and get them all down to Spotland. If the facilities were improved we'd spend the day from lunchtime onwards at the Stadium - instead of surrounding pubs.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 10:58]

Spotland purchase complete on 01:57 - Mar 19 with 2267 viewsdownunder

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY6hDoKK0FFvfj0oy43g647tjA

May as well cater for all tastes with some Rochdale cider.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 2:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Spotland purchase complete on 10:54 - Mar 19 with 2151 viewsNinco

Just been listening to Mark Wynn, the Rochdale Hornets Chairman on their YouTube channel. He was talking about the ground purchase from a Hornet's view and he said that it benefits Hornets as they have got a vastly reduced rent out of it. As they have still got the same facilities, but will be paying less, it sounds to me like the football club have had to offer an incentive to get the deal through. He also said it's a fantastic lease agreement for them. He was asked if either sets of fans would notice any difference in the day to day running of the club and he said that both Chairmen had agreed that the ground looks tired and needs improving, but he said it may be a lick of paint rather than a renovation. He said that the Rugby League had to ask them if they were in agreement to selling the shares, which seems strange as they belonged to the previous Rochdale Hornets company originally, and he said that they agreed provided that they got a good lease out of it.
Spotland purchase complete on 11:24 - Mar 19 with 2106 viewsTalkingSutty

Spotland purchase complete on 10:54 - Mar 19 by Ninco

Just been listening to Mark Wynn, the Rochdale Hornets Chairman on their YouTube channel. He was talking about the ground purchase from a Hornet's view and he said that it benefits Hornets as they have got a vastly reduced rent out of it. As they have still got the same facilities, but will be paying less, it sounds to me like the football club have had to offer an incentive to get the deal through. He also said it's a fantastic lease agreement for them. He was asked if either sets of fans would notice any difference in the day to day running of the club and he said that both Chairmen had agreed that the ground looks tired and needs improving, but he said it may be a lick of paint rather than a renovation. He said that the Rugby League had to ask them if they were in agreement to selling the shares, which seems strange as they belonged to the previous Rochdale Hornets company originally, and he said that they agreed provided that they got a good lease out of it.

Thanks for that. The 'Vastly reduced rent' comment is great to hear, glad he's confirmed it in public. It means that there is no real reason not to keep up with the rent, if that's the case it should be a harmonious relationship and the more successful they are the more money comes into our Stadium through the bars. I assume the bar takings go to the Football Club or maybe it will be worked out on a percentage.
Spotland purchase complete on 11:32 - Mar 19 with 2091 viewsD_Alien

Spotland purchase complete on 11:24 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for that. The 'Vastly reduced rent' comment is great to hear, glad he's confirmed it in public. It means that there is no real reason not to keep up with the rent, if that's the case it should be a harmonious relationship and the more successful they are the more money comes into our Stadium through the bars. I assume the bar takings go to the Football Club or maybe it will be worked out on a percentage.

If hornets are getting such a good deal out of it - and I'm glad they are - then Dale should get to keep the full proceeds from any match day sales, since we'll be covering the overheads. Anything else would be difficult to evaluate financially.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Spotland purchase complete on 11:45 - Mar 19 with 2065 viewsaleanddale

No doubt in my mind that the town benefits from having a rugby league team.

They play at Spotland I am glad there has been a sensible outcome and long may we remain friends.

Just need hornets to stick to the lease agreement and I hope they enjoy success at Spotland for many years to come.
Spotland purchase complete on 15:35 - Mar 19 with 1927 viewsmingthemerciless

A year or two back I was talking to the bar staff and they reckoned the Rugby League fans put more money over the bar than the Football fans. Don't know what the situation is now.
Spotland purchase complete on 18:03 - Mar 19 with 1849 viewsTVOS1907

Spotland purchase complete on 15:35 - Mar 19 by mingthemerciless

A year or two back I was talking to the bar staff and they reckoned the Rugby League fans put more money over the bar than the Football fans. Don't know what the situation is now.

That will be because they can drink during the game.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Spotland purchase complete on 18:47 - Mar 19 with 1798 views442Dale

Spotland purchase complete on 15:35 - Mar 19 by mingthemerciless

Which is great for Dale now. Open the bar an hour earlier!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spotland purchase complete on 19:05 - Mar 19 with 1759 views1mark1

Spotland purchase complete on 11:32 - Mar 19 by D_Alien

If hornets are getting such a good deal out of it - and I'm glad they are - then Dale should get to keep the full proceeds from any match day sales, since we'll be covering the overheads. Anything else would be difficult to evaluate financially.

Totally agree. The only takings that Hornets should get are admission and ticket sales, any golden gamble type sales , match programme sales and of course any of their club shop sales.
ALL kiosk and bar takings, car parking etc should go to the Stadum company which of course means the club. And I agree, with a low rent no excuse to not pay their rent.

Does anyone know how and when are Hornets paying, ie is it on Pay per Play for matches and regular monthly payments for office etc?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 19:37 - Mar 19 with 1685 viewspioneer

I imagine details of arrangements for bar and food sales will all be determined in the contract set up to cover Hornets use of the stadium so its not a matter of what should or shouldnt but probablt what we (had to) agree to to get the RFL to sell the shares.

Maybe the Trust can find out these details.
Spotland purchase complete on 19:41 - Mar 19 with 1676 views442Dale

Spotland purchase complete on 19:37 - Mar 19 by pioneer

I imagine details of arrangements for bar and food sales will all be determined in the contract set up to cover Hornets use of the stadium so its not a matter of what should or shouldnt but probablt what we (had to) agree to to get the RFL to sell the shares.

Maybe the Trust can find out these details.

Send it in as a question for Monday night.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spotland purchase complete on 22:27 - Mar 19 with 1563 viewsmingthemerciless

Spotland purchase complete on 18:03 - Mar 19 by TVOS1907

That will be because they can drink during the game.

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't normally drink before or during the game but I used to have a few in the bar after the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024