Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotland purchase complete 16:35 - Mar 16 with 23136 viewsColDale

Been announced on Radio Manc that the share sale has gone through today

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/42302

This post has been edited by an administrator
Spotland purchase complete on 14:34 - Mar 17 with 2935 viewsroccydaleian

Spotland purchase complete on 14:25 - Mar 17 by 1mark1

Excellent.

Agreed. Might see you in there for a pre match drink then?
Spotland purchase complete on 14:37 - Mar 17 with 2923 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 14:20 - Mar 17 by upthedale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-football-club-acquired-the-ra

Further info

Just need Wilbutts Chippy now!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Spotland purchase complete on 14:39 - Mar 17 with 2907 viewsD_Alien

Been away a couple of days and return to this fantastic news!

Not read rest of thread yet, but well done to all concerned at the club, just what we need going into the end of a transitional season.

[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 15:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Spotland purchase complete on 14:51 - Mar 17 with 2864 viewsroccydaleian

Spotland purchase complete on 14:21 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

I get a season ticket so it doesn't bother me. If it fills an empty seat - and they wouldnt be there otherwise - why not? Its not like it would be every home game - you are probably looking at half the home games if that!

I'm a ST holder as well DDB, but wife who attends games when she can due to her shift patterns isn't, and it would irk me somewhat if someone was getting in cheaper because they have a season ticket at another club.
Spotland purchase complete on 14:52 - Mar 17 with 2858 views1mark1

Spotland purchase complete on 14:29 - Mar 17 by Ninco

My understanding is that they pay a fee for each game they play, but there has been no mention of what they pay for the office and shop. If they are paying per game, how does that work in the close season when the office and shop are still in use, but there are no games to pay for?

To be fair though, Hornets are getting gates of around 500 for most games, and play fewer games than Dale, so they can't realistically be expected to pay the same as Dale have been paying. It just isn't viable on those gates.

Absolutely. Fairest way is to pay an amount per game that covers the cost of hosting the game. Dale then benefit from bar, and food sales etc. Can't imagine we will be asking a great amount for the shop and office, again an amount that covers the use, fuel costs etc of the shop and offices.

Hornets have for a while had a deal that meant they paid an amount that recognised that they play a lot less games.

Hope they keep regular payments, and this will help all concerned.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 15:03 - Mar 17 with 2822 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 14:51 - Mar 17 by roccydaleian

I'm a ST holder as well DDB, but wife who attends games when she can due to her shift patterns isn't, and it would irk me somewhat if someone was getting in cheaper because they have a season ticket at another club.

Fair do's , I know some people would be annoyed. Personally i wouldnt. Maybe limit it to certain games ?Fleetwood/Gillingham on a Tuesday night.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Spotland purchase complete on 15:04 - Mar 17 with 2819 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Spotland purchase complete on 14:37 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Just need Wilbutts Chippy now!

Rochdale Monopoly!

Spotland Bowling Club with two hotels on it......
Spotland purchase complete on 15:17 - Mar 17 with 2767 viewsDomDale

Spotland purchase complete on 13:17 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Its sad that as a club we are enjoying our best years under Keith Hill - but are so poorly supported by the people of Rochdale. I was talking to a City supporter at work who used to go watching Dale in the 70's and does get to the occasional game these days - but it is really too expensive to follow 2 teams and also the time it takes out of your life . Could we do a scheme where season ticket holders for Man Utd and Man City can get into Spotland for a reduced price? I always think if there was no Rochdale fc and a club started from scratch tomorrow , had a league place, and a Stadium based in Rochdale people would go and support it! The baggage of our past seems to weigh us down so much. Maybe this new Stadium deal will mean a fresh start and we can re brand ourselves? I really hope so.

I don't mind the idea of attracting fans of other clubs on a cheapy as a one off, say during international break, but that's the wrong tree to bark up. If these people are already ST holders at another club they're unlikely to regularly come and watch Dale. Plus as a ST holder myself I'd be a bit miffed at us dishing out discounts to people from the Borough who haven't been arsed with us yet I've plowed ££££s into the club over the years we're sending out the wrong message on loyalty that way - I'd suspect I'm not the only one with that view.

We need to be attracting the people that presently do not go to regularly watch football. That can include your armchair premier league fans or lapsed Dale fans. Pretending to watch football on telly aside they don't have another distraction at 3PM on a Saturday. Most people would agree watching a game in the flesh so to speak is miles better than on telly.

This isn't really an issue with stadium ownership. But we do need some professional marketing of the club. France's seems predominantly tied up with sales - of sponsorship & the like - which whilst it is necessary the club also needs to appoint some bods to get bums on seats. They are two different tasks. We live in a borough of 200k+ , there's massive potential to increase crowds to a respectable L1 level. I look at clubs in towns of a similar size I.e Chestefield, Oldham, Stockport (when they were in the league), Doncaster etc crowds of the 5k mark as figures to aim for.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Login to get fewer ads

Spotland purchase complete on 15:57 - Mar 17 with 2687 viewselectricblue

What about a system to replace the lump sum you pay for the season ticket..
Still have the early season ticket price then pay £100 up front..
The rest is by a D/D spread over the season but the first payment starts in july and the last payment is in April....
Season ticket holders use a plastic card similar to bank card etc thats swiped at the turn styles..

Just a thought....

An before you mention it no i cant make saturdays n tuesdays due to the missus work commitments.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Spotland purchase complete on 16:11 - Mar 17 with 2651 viewsisitme

Spotland purchase complete on 15:57 - Mar 17 by electricblue

What about a system to replace the lump sum you pay for the season ticket..
Still have the early season ticket price then pay £100 up front..
The rest is by a D/D spread over the season but the first payment starts in july and the last payment is in April....
Season ticket holders use a plastic card similar to bank card etc thats swiped at the turn styles..

Just a thought....

An before you mention it no i cant make saturdays n tuesdays due to the missus work commitments.....

It is a good idea, but probably too late for this season. We would need turnstyles with barcode scanners and season ticket cards produced instead. Probably a change in banking system at the club as well as they would have a number of direct debit payments to collect each month.
Spotland purchase complete on 16:21 - Mar 17 with 2625 viewsseasidedale

Spotland purchase complete on 11:21 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

I think the money owed to the Council is money they lent Dale when there was a shortfall building the Wilbutts stand. As for the Rugby league? I would hope we paid no more than the £100k we paid the council. After the way they acquired the shares in the first place.

My understand is when we got a grant for the main stand from the football trust (littlewoods pools) they gave you a % , the clubs had to find the rest, if memory serves me right the stand cost £1,000,000 to build, we got the money from the council to make up the trust money, if memory serves me correctly
Spotland purchase complete on 16:24 - Mar 17 with 2610 viewsKenBoon

Tremendous news. Especially as we own everything including the bars. Lots of opportunities going forward now. Up t'dale.
Spotland purchase complete on 16:27 - Mar 17 with 2598 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 14:20 - Mar 17 by upthedale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-football-club-acquired-the-ra

Further info

Does this mean it wont be JW Lees? Will there be more scope to have different beers? Real Ale seems to be the in thing at the minute - could Dale do some deals with local breweries?

Spotland purchase complete on 17:17 - Mar 17 with 2490 views442Dale

Spotland purchase complete on 16:27 - Mar 17 by dingdangblue

Does this mean it wont be JW Lees? Will there be more scope to have different beers? Real Ale seems to be the in thing at the minute - could Dale do some deals with local breweries?

The opportunity to create something really unique is there now - a brand that can exist across all the bars in the Stadium. Once again brilliant work by all involved.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Spotland purchase complete on 17:53 - Mar 17 with 2412 viewsupthedale

Good idea. If we could do things such as this http://www.moorhouses.co.uk/site/2014/10/27/1905/

Most of those who like the real ale will have gone to the festival that Rochdale had (I have no interest in real ale myself), so I'm sure they'd know more about potential local partnerships that could be made.

Perhaps even a Rochdale AFC beer.
Spotland purchase complete on 17:59 - Mar 17 with 2398 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 17:53 - Mar 17 by upthedale

Good idea. If we could do things such as this http://www.moorhouses.co.uk/site/2014/10/27/1905/

Most of those who like the real ale will have gone to the festival that Rochdale had (I have no interest in real ale myself), so I'm sure they'd know more about potential local partnerships that could be made.

Perhaps even a Rochdale AFC beer.

Dale Ale

Spotland purchase complete on 18:20 - Mar 17 with 2345 viewsColDale

With deals in place, it's probably the wrong time to be profligate with our funds, but would be great to have a big match promotion for the Good Friday fixture as part of a celebration of regaining the stadium. I don't mean a £2.50 off or anything similar but something that will get people off their backsides and down to Spotland on an afternoon with little competition. Free entry is probably too much to hope for but something designed to bring people in and not bring people in whilst covering costs.
Spotland purchase complete on 18:23 - Mar 17 with 2341 views1mark1

There could even be a Dale Ale produced.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Spotland purchase complete on 18:47 - Mar 17 with 2286 viewsdingdangblue

Spotland purchase complete on 18:20 - Mar 17 by ColDale

With deals in place, it's probably the wrong time to be profligate with our funds, but would be great to have a big match promotion for the Good Friday fixture as part of a celebration of regaining the stadium. I don't mean a £2.50 off or anything similar but something that will get people off their backsides and down to Spotland on an afternoon with little competition. Free entry is probably too much to hope for but something designed to bring people in and not bring people in whilst covering costs.

I was thinking something similar - but target the 1st home game next season - a sort of try before you buy - free entry for everyone into the new 'insert sponsor' Stadium . At least they'll have time to market it properly next season.

Spotland purchase complete on 19:02 - Mar 17 with 2236 viewsHopwoodblue

Spotland purchase complete on 18:23 - Mar 17 by 1mark1

I'm a real ale drinker there is already one called Spotland Gold, think it's brewed by the Pheonix brewery in Heywood.

Hope they start keeping longer hours in the Dale bar after the game so we can watch the tea time ko. if they started doing that with a bit of food it might encourage people to stay and spend more money, including away fans of which we have many these days being in this very northern div.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 19:04]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Spotland purchase complete on 19:23 - Mar 17 with 2178 viewsSuddenLad

Great idea. Sure there would be a good few who would choose that optio if the ale was worth supping and the footy was on.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Spotland purchase complete on 20:38 - Mar 17 with 2023 viewsBigKindo

Er. Um. Check my avatar
Spotland purchase complete on 21:14 - Mar 17 with 1936 viewsSandyman

Spotland purchase complete on 21:22 - Mar 17 with 1917 viewsLuke8686

Similar to how MK Dons produced Dele Alli?
Spotland purchase complete on 21:39 - Mar 17 with 1866 viewsR17ALE

Phoenix Brewery in Heywood have already done a few themed Rochdale AFC ales.

The Cem have stocked these, and one is called Spotland Gold, whilst the other (lesser known) is called Dunphy's Delight I think*. Regal Moon once sold Spotland Gold, brought out in our Centenary season to mark it.

*Surely, he must be the only Chairman to ever have a beer brewed and named after him?

This sort of accolade is normally reserved for the likes of Fred Truman. (Tetleys).

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024