Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Ainsworth go from here? 12:16 - Mar 15 with 27495 viewsmart_Goblin

What’s his next move here?
Reading between the lines you can tell he was very angry last night but he knows damn well that he has to walk on egg shells with this precious bunch. He will be all too aware of what they did to NC when he dared to publicly criticise them. He used words like weak last night which to me tells you his real mindset and not just his media voice.
After seeing the lineup last night before kick off I was surprised he didn’t make at least a couple of changes, for example he openly said Dozzell wanted to come off Saturday because he was knackered (huge red flag anyway that several members of our squad can’t play 90 bloody minutes), but in hindsight, if he had made changes and we got pumped 6-1 we’d all be saying he shouldn’t change a winning team .
Same team , same formation …it can’t always be the manager and we are once again realising the impossible job NC had.

Personally I hope he is tearing strips off of this bunch privately. Some of them are nothing but con men . You can’t do what you did Saturday and then serve up that garbage 72 hours later .

Getting this lot up and the same as last Saturday against Birmingham seems almost impossible now .

I hope he was in with LF this morning tearing strips off of him too. Imagine having to work with this lot on a daily basis ?

GA being here also means that we now have to stop shopping in the premier league A & E department. You need to fit to play the way he wants and this lot ain’t no where near it . Not physically or mentally able or just plain injured all the time. Those won’t work under GA .
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:28]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 18:23 - Mar 15 with 3009 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Plaster the league table around the club like Cardiff?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64952956
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:36 - Mar 15 with 2894 viewsNorthantsHoop

Let's be honest we know this team/squad is weak both mentally and physically. It is so noticable as soon as they go behind, you see it at LR their heads go and they can't cope and make more mistakes whereas when they have gone ahead tend to get results. Ainsworth already knew this was a major problem when he took the job, that's why he just has to grin and bear it, motivate them as best he can and get us over line to survive in the Championship, which I believe he will achieve.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:39 - Mar 15 with 2881 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:55 - Mar 15 by MungoJezza

I noticed that change in tactics as well - a reversion to the style adopted by the team earlier in the season under Beale. Might be partly to do with Dykes and then Martin going off and so not having a 'big man' to hit with long balls. Or could it be that they've had enough of Ainsworthball already?!!

If they've had enough, which I doubt, how did adopting a style of passing sideways for 20 minutes, not having a shot on goal and conceding again go for them
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:40 - Mar 15 with 2880 viewsdavman

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:48 - Mar 15 by Rangersw12

For a start he could drop Lowe who allowed Drewe to be thrown to the wolves last night

Wasn't Timmy the immobile midfielder playing on the right the one that should have given his wing back cover or was it Dickie the dickhead, playing on the right of the three at the back that should have given him the cover?

Or, is it Lowe, the right sided STRIKER who should be providing cover?

Discuss.

Tim was rank last night back to his passive worst. The centre backs and wing backs were diabolical along with our goalkeeper.

I am not sure I'm gonna recover from being there last night for a while. I can't remember much about the game, I just sat through the first half staring into space and then stood for the second half doing the same.

It was unbelievably awful, soul destroying, depressing. If I could walk away, I would and I should, but whilst QPR exists, I have to be interested. Has it been this bad? 2001 was awful, but Administration meant we could get rid of the crap and start again. No chance doing that with this lot; we're stuck with this crap as we can't afford anything better.

As Clive has said, EVEN after a 6-1 defeat at relegation rivals, it feels like it can still get worse.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:46 - Mar 15 with 2858 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

There were a handful of people calling for ‘Ainsworth Out’ last night I noticed, and the Shameless / Frank Gallagher memes have already started online.

He’ll be out soon, and break the hearts of the majority. I think it was Antti that predicted this eventuality.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:56 - Mar 15 with 2837 viewsdistortR

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:46 - Mar 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

There were a handful of people calling for ‘Ainsworth Out’ last night I noticed, and the Shameless / Frank Gallagher memes have already started online.

He’ll be out soon, and break the hearts of the majority. I think it was Antti that predicted this eventuality.

It does my head in that he's been brought in to fail, but buy people further up a bit of time. I know I'm repeating myself, but we must have spent well over a million on paying off NC and co (A perfectly good manager imho) and paying off Wycombe etc for GA and co. Probably more money then we'll have to reinvigorate the playing staff in the summer. GA will fail this season, as NC did, because our recruitment has been a disaster and our youth teams a failure.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 19:58 - Mar 15 with 2827 viewsRangersw12

I haven't seen any myself bar the absolute weapon called Matt Doran who's best ignored
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 20:44 - Mar 15 with 2697 viewsPunteR

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:53 - Mar 15 by JordanFoster

I actually thought there was a lot of over-reaction following the win on Saturday - more so from the club than anyone else. I get fans are going to react in a certain way, I got lost in it too, but Watford were atrocious, pathetic even. Even on on Twitter the club were still putting out pictures of Drewe and Kakay high-fiving asking 'How good were these two?".

If you have Ismaila Sarr & Joao Pedro on either wing and you don't get the better of a non-league standard fullback and League 1 one, then something is clearly adrift. That was on them, rather than it being on us or their great defending. As proved last night, Hamilton looked like Messi when he was half up for it.

You always leave yourself wide open (see Ledesma t-shirts) and for some reason we do it again and again. At some point, whether it's through Samuel Di Carmine or Luke Freeman, you're going to win and I think Watford were the perfect opponents for that. As Dave Mc put, you can't lose them all.

But playing at home, on a sunny Saturday at 3pm in a derby against a team who’s had three managers already and are filled with a load of uninspired Premier League drop-outs is very different to a pissing down relegation-threatened Blackpool under Mick McCarthy. Yes, Ainsworth might have got pelters if he had changed the team and we lost but it's professional football - crack on. Give me some older pros, freshen it up.

I thought it was harsh to leave Drewe in last night, a switch for Albert, who probably would have been roasted the same but you've got a kid now absolutely burned. He hadn't played a professional game of football three weeks ago and he's probably going to play on Saturday. You only had to watch 15 mins of that game to see Drewe is miles off it and Dickie's mentally fragile so expect more of the same.

It's probably a post for another day, but I feel as a fan base we legitimise so much. Theres the Dickie post with John Terry, is what it is. The arse is falling out of the club, is what it is. We've thrown out 3 years of trying to play modern way with Ainsworth and his long-ball to Chris Martin, it is what it is, look where we are etc etc. Yes but how did we get here. I'm not sure what the answer is either but made me think after thinking about we lost 6-1 to a team that have failed to score nearly all year in the relegation zone and we just suck it up.

I'm not having a dig either btw, I just find it interesting!

Good post. Agree with the general point .

The only thing i dont relate to is your last sentence "I'm not having a dig either btw, I just find it interesting!"

"interesting" isnt the word i would use but I'm on a verbal warning from Norf so i'll keep my mouth shut for once.. lol
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 20:44]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 22:06 - Mar 15 with 2566 viewsdaveB

I think he'll be here at least until the end of next season
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 22:12 - Mar 15 with 2521 viewsPunteR

That hardly makes Antti the Oracle.. Of course Ainsworth will be out soon enough. Goes with the territory.

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 22:13 - Mar 15 with 2531 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 22:06 - Mar 15 by daveB

I hope so.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 22:34 - Mar 15 with 2489 viewsSydneyRs

If history tells us anything its that these type of horror results don't tend to happen twice in quick succession.

We had a weak side out with all the injuries, Tuesday up north, very early goal for them and 3 down after 15 mins. I struggle to think of any games where there's been 3 goals for one side in the first 15. I do recall one game v Newcastle in the 90s where we went 3 up in I think 18 mins and that's the closest I can recall.

Just one of those days where everything that could go wrong did go wrong and everything went right for Blackpool. We need to start strong on Saturday and definitely not to concede early. Birmingham aren't exactly world beaters either so lets use this as motivation to get into them.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 09:13 - Mar 16 with 2314 viewskropotkin41

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 22:06 - Mar 15 by daveB

I think QPR should aim to keep him as long as Wycombe did, guaranteed the club would be a better place for it... mind you, it might be the end of him.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 10:19 - Mar 16 with 2229 viewsPunteR

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 09:13 - Mar 16 by kropotkin41

I think QPR should aim to keep him as long as Wycombe did, guaranteed the club would be a better place for it... mind you, it might be the end of him.

QPR are not Wycombe.

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 10:26 - Mar 16 with 2214 viewsRs_Holy

"Learning a hell of a lot about these boys"... Gareth knows he has a mountain to climb! He needs all the fans behind him so lets give him 100% backing.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 10:35 - Mar 16 with 2190 viewskropotkin41

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 10:19 - Mar 16 by PunteR

QPR are not Wycombe.

We can agree 100% on that. Not quite sure why you're reminding me though. We could aspire not to be a sh*tshow and to have managerial stability.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:43 - Mar 16 with 2115 viewsmonksd103

Wow
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:45 - Mar 16 with 2094 viewsE17hoop

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 11:43 - Mar 16 by monksd103

Wow

Paid for blue tick forgets we won 1-0 after this.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:03 - Mar 16 with 1995 viewsRs_Holy

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12835249/gareth-ainsworth-
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:19 - Mar 16 with 1972 viewsWA_Hoop

I know we are not blessed with options at this moment in time but was it such a good idea fielding the same 11 players that played with such intensity just 3 days prior?

Deploying 5 relatively fresh pairs of legs after we find ourselves 5-1 down doesn't strike me as particularly clever.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 03:59 - Mar 17 with 1799 viewsTrom

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:29 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

Why pretend that all is well?

Even his biggest cheerleaders know, deep down, that he's the cheap option and more than likely out of his depth....

Why exactly? He's successfully managed in league 1. Are we really saying the Championship is that much of a step up?

We certainly needed an injection of energy and confidence and he delivers that. If the current players can't deliver enough to survive this season then really what could anyone do? Injuries and apathy are at the root of our problems and I don't think either one can be blamed on him.

He had Wycomb punching well above their weight. I'm hoping with a bit of time and patience he can do that here. If I was a player I'd like his positive juju. If we don't have the patience then after everything we've endured this season it will reap what you sow.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 07:28 - Mar 17 with 1724 viewsGloucs_R

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 22:13 - Mar 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I hope so.

I think the overwhelming majority of the fan base want him to succeed and will give him plenty of time. Twitter is just a cesspit of extreme views and trolls.

I am actually really intrigued as to what type of team he can build for the future. I'm hopeful it's a holloway-esque type team. The type of team who didn't cost a lot of money, were thrown together from different footballing backgrounds and will run through brick walls for each other. For me, that's the Rangers we want to watch every week.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 07:44 - Mar 17 with 1672 viewsstevec

I can only imagine GA went with the same eleven as they are the only eleven he can trust. Many may be out of form but, like Critchley, takes one look at the bench and is aware, like us, that those options are likely to only make things worse.

As for the majority of the sick lame and injured, they have no interest in pulling us out of trouble.

If we do stay up, GA has to be ruthless with this squad, telling Les precisely who he wants shipped out and if there’s any more unexpected two and four year contracts for some of these miscreants from the DOF then Ainsworth should walk out.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 10:48 - Mar 17 with 1558 viewsNorthantsHoop

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 03:59 - Mar 17 by Trom

Why exactly? He's successfully managed in league 1. Are we really saying the Championship is that much of a step up?

We certainly needed an injection of energy and confidence and he delivers that. If the current players can't deliver enough to survive this season then really what could anyone do? Injuries and apathy are at the root of our problems and I don't think either one can be blamed on him.

He had Wycomb punching well above their weight. I'm hoping with a bit of time and patience he can do that here. If I was a player I'd like his positive juju. If we don't have the patience then after everything we've endured this season it will reap what you sow.

This is how I feel, scrape the results stay up and Ainsworth make the changes.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:26 - Mar 17 with 1459 viewsPunteR

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 10:35 - Mar 16 by kropotkin41

We can agree 100% on that. Not quite sure why you're reminding me though. We could aspire not to be a sh*tshow and to have managerial stability.

You think QPR will keep a manager for 10 years..?
I agree about stability though.
Apologies if you took exception to my reply.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024