Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much longer? 11:53 - Dec 7 with 11770 viewsProfessor

Can this forum tolerate liars and conspiracy theorists?
How much longer? on 18:18 - Dec 7 with 856 viewsCatullus

How much longer? on 17:57 - Dec 7 by YDdraigGoch

No, comparing what's happening now to the apartheid is quite apt; people are being prohibited from entering certain establishments and venues, by virtue of a totalitarian state. And in fact people who don't want the vaccine are actually being disparaged and gratuitously condemned in the media, and by various celebrities, just like black people were.

Why do I need to think beyond myself? The vast majority of people have been vaccinated, and are purportedly protected; how is my vaccination status effecting them? At my age, there's a very little chance of me being severely impacted by covid, a virus that has a 99.97% survival rate, therefore, I feel no need to get vaccinated. The unprecedented rise of sudden deaths, and sports stars collapsing and dying has further strengthened my desire not to get vaccinated, as I'm seriously concerned of the side-effects that I would suffer if I took it.

Do you have an elderly or medically vulnerable family members or friends? That would be the reason to take the vaccine more seriously.

Or you could just carry on as you are. An attitude that I'm sure will change when you get old, especially if you suffer ill health too. Then you'd be calling people like you selfish.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How much longer? on 18:22 - Dec 7 with 846 viewsProfessor

How much longer? on 18:12 - Dec 7 by A_Fans_Dad

No, you are the one who "doesn't get it".
There are more vaccinated in hospital than unvaccinated therefore as they spread it at the same if not a higher rate than unvaccinated they are the ones most likely to infect his wife because there are more of them contributing more virus.
If you disagree explain how it doesn't work that way.

Carry on.

We can all see how this idiotic crusade plays out. Move the goalposts more often than out groundsman.

1. You are more likely to be in hospital unvaccinated
2. Infection and viral shedding is longer and with a longer high viral load-more transmission
3. If they were less selfish/idiotic then fewer pressures on the NHS.

Those who cannot be vaccinated or where vaccine efficacy is low have every sympathy, when your idiotic propaganda increases the threat to their health.
How much longer? on 18:22 - Dec 7 with 843 viewsYDdraigGoch

How much longer? on 18:12 - Dec 7 by Professor

Ever been to a totalitarian state?

Black people had no choice, discrimination was based on skin colour, not a choice. It's not apartheid, it is actually asking people to be altruistic, as is mask wearing. Protect others and yourself, That is the basis of society.
Clearly you have been taken in by the nonsense such as that AFD and Stump repeat here. One individual makes little difference, but a million do.

Yes of course, I had a brief sojourn in Nazi Bavaria in 1936.

I've already addressed how what's happening now is analogous to apartheid South Africa in a previous comment, so I won't bother with your views on it. It's not asking people to be altruistic; it's punishing people for not taking a state-mandated vaccine.

Did you know that high vaccination rates increase the likelihood of escape variants of covid emerging? It's probably more altruistic not to take the vaccine.
How much longer? on 18:23 - Dec 7 with 843 viewsProfessor

How much longer? on 15:19 - Dec 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

The pandemic has led to a dramatic increase in NHS spending (now up to £175.6Billion p.a,) which muddies the water, you can argue either way.

As a remain voter I'd say predictions on both sides were wide of the mark,
no side can claim the moral high ground.

We need to stop arguing about it and just get on with life. Six years after the vote, if people are still affected by it they need to focus on something else.

And unlike the retired Pikey, we will bear the brunt of costs via tax and NI
How much longer? on 18:24 - Dec 7 with 840 viewsYDdraigGoch

How much longer? on 18:09 - Dec 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Which vaccinated sport stars have collapsed , let alone died?

If you're not aware of all the sport stars who are suddenly collapsing recently, I suggest keeping up with the news a bit more.
How much longer? on 18:25 - Dec 7 with 837 viewsProfessor

How much longer? on 18:22 - Dec 7 by YDdraigGoch

Yes of course, I had a brief sojourn in Nazi Bavaria in 1936.

I've already addressed how what's happening now is analogous to apartheid South Africa in a previous comment, so I won't bother with your views on it. It's not asking people to be altruistic; it's punishing people for not taking a state-mandated vaccine.

Did you know that high vaccination rates increase the likelihood of escape variants of covid emerging? It's probably more altruistic not to take the vaccine.

No. That's incorrect. You get more mutation and issues in partially vaccinated/immune populations.

I am an infection immunologist. None of Alpha, Delta or now Omicron have emerged from vaccinated populations. More misinformation.
How much longer? on 18:27 - Dec 7 with 826 viewsScotia

How much longer? on 18:24 - Dec 7 by YDdraigGoch

If you're not aware of all the sport stars who are suddenly collapsing recently, I suggest keeping up with the news a bit more.

Are you aware how many of them have been vaccinated?
How much longer? on 18:28 - Dec 7 with 823 viewsProfessor

Ddraig Goch's posts illustrate my point.

I rest my case.

Can we either have

1. All covid threads locked and no more nonsense. Let's all argue over something else
or
2. Posts that promote misinformation removed.
Login to get fewer ads

How much longer? on 18:28 - Dec 7 with 816 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How much longer? on 18:16 - Dec 7 by felixstowe_jack

Bound to be more vaccinated in hospital as over 92% of adults have been fully vaccinated and 8% are unvaccinated. Yet a third of people who have died recently are unvaccinated yet it should be less thsn 8% as the unvaccinated are in the 18 to 35 age groups.

Thankyou for agreeing that there are more vaccinated in hospital.
How much longer? on 18:28 - Dec 7 with 819 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Which ones were vaccinated?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How much longer? on 18:29 - Dec 7 with 818 viewsScotia

How much longer? on 18:28 - Dec 7 by Professor

Ddraig Goch's posts illustrate my point.

I rest my case.

Can we either have

1. All covid threads locked and no more nonsense. Let's all argue over something else
or
2. Posts that promote misinformation removed.

I was just going to post the same.

Clearly swallowing this inaccurate anti vax narrative. It's dangerous.
How much longer? on 18:30 - Dec 7 with 815 viewsGwyn737

How much longer? on 18:28 - Dec 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Thankyou for agreeing that there are more vaccinated in hospital.

What are the group hospitalisation rates per 100,000?

Are you more likely to be hospitalised if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated?
How much longer? on 18:33 - Dec 7 with 807 viewsCatullus

Yes, sports stars have collapsed but I don't recall any of them being linked to the vaccine. There were lies spread about that though which you have obviously fallen for.

Or can you name any sports stars who have collapsed directly because of the vaccines?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How much longer? on 18:36 - Dec 7 with 796 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How much longer? on 18:22 - Dec 7 by Professor

Carry on.

We can all see how this idiotic crusade plays out. Move the goalposts more often than out groundsman.

1. You are more likely to be in hospital unvaccinated
2. Infection and viral shedding is longer and with a longer high viral load-more transmission
3. If they were less selfish/idiotic then fewer pressures on the NHS.

Those who cannot be vaccinated or where vaccine efficacy is low have every sympathy, when your idiotic propaganda increases the threat to their health.

You did not explain how it doesn't work, you gave an opinion, so I will carry on.
There are more vaccinated in hospital, it is not a case off more likely, it is a fact.
There is no higher viral load in unvaccinated according to the latest studies, here is one
https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19/news/viral-loads-similar-between-vaccina
How much longer? on 18:41 - Dec 7 with 783 viewsProfessor

How much longer? on 18:36 - Dec 7 by A_Fans_Dad

You did not explain how it doesn't work, you gave an opinion, so I will carry on.
There are more vaccinated in hospital, it is not a case off more likely, it is a fact.
There is no higher viral load in unvaccinated according to the latest studies, here is one
https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19/news/viral-loads-similar-between-vaccina

That is not what I said. The viral load peak is similar but declines more quickly in vaccinated populations. Read things properly. Wrong again
How much longer? on 18:43 - Dec 7 with 771 viewsGwyn737

How much longer? on 18:36 - Dec 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course it’s a question of likelihood.

The way you’re presenting is like saying you’re more likely to be right handed if born in England than Wales as the number of right handed people is higher in England.
How much longer? on 18:45 - Dec 7 with 765 viewsYDdraigGoch

How much longer? on 18:25 - Dec 7 by Professor

No. That's incorrect. You get more mutation and issues in partially vaccinated/immune populations.

I am an infection immunologist. None of Alpha, Delta or now Omicron have emerged from vaccinated populations. More misinformation.

The information I've linked here says otherwise, you see. The authors of this information must be very thick, then. Which is quite alarming considering one of the linked sources is from Gov.uk.
How much longer? on 18:48 - Dec 7 with 759 viewsYDdraigGoch

How much longer? on 18:28 - Dec 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Which ones were vaccinated?

I don't have the time to check if all one-hundred-and-eighty-three were vaccinated, regrettably. However, considering the majority of the populace is vaccinated, and the collapses are happening soon after most people have had their first two jabs, it's very alarming.
How much longer? on 18:48 - Dec 7 with 758 viewsScotia

How much longer? on 18:45 - Dec 7 by YDdraigGoch

The information I've linked here says otherwise, you see. The authors of this information must be very thick, then. Which is quite alarming considering one of the linked sources is from Gov.uk.

No it doesn't.

Can you explain how every significant variant, except omicron, emerged before vaccination began in that particular country?
How much longer? on 18:49 - Dec 7 with 751 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How much longer? on 18:27 - Dec 7 by Scotia

Are you aware how many of them have been vaccinated?

Do you?
https://goodsciencing.com/covid/71-athletes-suffer-cardiac-arrest-26-die-after-c

Look at the numbers since the last discussion.
How much longer? on 18:49 - Dec 7 with 755 viewsProfessor

How much longer? on 18:43 - Dec 7 by Gwyn737

Of course it’s a question of likelihood.

The way you’re presenting is like saying you’re more likely to be right handed if born in England than Wales as the number of right handed people is higher in England.

It’s like the classic one

More people die in bed annually than in sky diving accidents. Therefore sky diving is safer than sleeping. Context is everything
How much longer? (n/t) on 18:50 - Dec 7 with 749 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How much longer? on 18:30 - Dec 7 by Gwyn737

What are the group hospitalisation rates per 100,000?

Are you more likely to be hospitalised if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated?

Nothing to do with the conversation.
The hospital numbers are already in, not conjecture.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 18:51]
How much longer? on 18:55 - Dec 7 with 739 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How much longer? on 18:48 - Dec 7 by Scotia

No it doesn't.

Can you explain how every significant variant, except omicron, emerged before vaccination began in that particular country?

Can you prove in any way that the Delta variant existed before vaccination started in India?
How much longer? on 18:55 - Dec 7 with 741 viewsjojaca

How much longer? on 18:48 - Dec 7 by YDdraigGoch

I don't have the time to check if all one-hundred-and-eighty-three were vaccinated, regrettably. However, considering the majority of the populace is vaccinated, and the collapses are happening soon after most people have had their first two jabs, it's very alarming.

There was another two footballers that collapsed in the same match in Germany last Friday.

Even when you know, you never know?

How much longer? on 18:57 - Dec 7 with 733 viewsProfessor

How much longer? on 18:48 - Dec 7 by Scotia

No it doesn't.

It absolutely does not say what is suggested. No VOC has emerged from vaccinated population. The risk there is high infection rates leasing to more variants. That can happen in vaccinated or unvaccinated populations , though more likely in the latter.

We are getting all the taking a little bit out of full context today. And social media as that reliable source.

I am thoroughly sick of this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024