Put this in the Eze thread but thought I'd give it it's own.
Bene humming this to myself all summer and didn't think to put it up here as pre arranged singing is all very Man U/Liverpool/Chelsea/Fulham isn't it.
But sod it, in light of the new contract would be good to get this going round Loftus Road on Saturday
Adapting the Liverpool Allez Allez Allez song....
We've all had some heroes, Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh Taarabt for just one season, left players on their arse Sir Les and Kevin Gallen, Wilkins and Wegerle Now we've found the next Messiah and he didn't cost a thing Eberechi Eze, Eberechi Eze, Eberechi Eze, Eberechi Eze
Right need to get some things off my chest re the doom mongers on here and the constant arguments they trot out every time we don't win 3/4-0
1) 'We should play 2 up top' - This is a very simple one... Cherry is the best player at the club. The team is built around him. You cannot play Cherry in his best position (behind the striker) and then play a further two up top. You would then have 2 strikers, an attacking midfielder and two wingers. No defensive midfielder in the world can cope with that. 'But Leicester played 2 up top' I hear you cry. They sort of did, Okazaki played behind Vardy as opposed to alongside him, they also had Kante in midfield who happens to be the best DM in the world right now. Look at Leicester's form without him to see how they are struggling.
2) We should play 442 - Having dealt with Leicester above, name me a successful side playing 442? In order to play that you need two central midfielders who can do everything and two out and out wingers who can do everything. We don't have those players. The last time we played 442 was at home to Fulham who absolutely dicked us. The formation is essentially dead in the modern game
3) JFH should go - Without getting too much into it I look at the improved performances of Polter, Luongo, Shodipo and Smithies that tell me the man knows how to develop a player. Let him work with his squad. Evidence is literally in front of our eyes that he can improve players. Sylla, Borysiuk, Yeni, Bidwell all players that should benefit from time at the club. That said, his in game management has been poor at times and it's something he needs to work on. Last night at 2-0 he should have moved a man onto Shelvey to wrestle some control back
4) Warnock is the answer - I mean, c'mon. The man lost 6-0 at Fulham lest we forget. Also since he left QPR his only success has been keeping Rotherham up (which was superb). He's failed at Leeds & Palace quite spectacularly. Also, we know he can't cut it in the Prem so what happens when we are near the play offs? Do we sack him and bring someone else in?
5) Washington is League 1 standard - I actually like CW. He works hard and looks OK to me. We spent Â£2m on him less than a year ago, we can't just write that off. Keep working on him and the goals will come. He's developed very quickly so far, let's help him get up to standard
6) We should play Sandro - I mean, jesus christ. I assume the people suggesting this are the sort that let their girlfriend cheat on them with an array of other men but still give them lifts round to their nan's because their cheating whore promised them a whiff of pussy if they did. Have some self respect. Why Sandro? Is he good? when has he ever played well for QPR? He's currently unfit, fat and unmotivated. he's also worse than Henry... yep, worse than karl henry. Remember in the Prem when Henry was superb in the DM role for us? When has Sandro ever reached those levels? He has never played well for this club. DO NOT SODDING PLAY HIM
7) Onouha is a crap captain - Let's have a suggestion for who else should be our skipper? It's a young squad and Onouha is the most experienced. Just because he doesn't shout all day every day doesn't mean he isn't a leader. he's no Alan McDonald, but perhaps he is the most respected player in the dressing room and therefore an obvious choice of captain?
8) Chris Ramsey being at the club is terrible - He's, by all accounts, a great coach. He does bugger all with the first team. his presence there really doesn't matter and is just a pointless argument that does nobody any good.
It isn't perfect, and last night was horrendous. I'm not all happy clappy by any stretch of the imagination. However some people need to get a grip. Thought fans were great last night, stuck with the team far longer than they had any right to
Bought 2 tickets hoping to see England, but now they aren't in that side of the draw am looking to move them on. If you know anyone who may want them then let me know, will give you my email and take from there.
Clive, feel free to move this to another thread if needs be, don't want to clutter up the MB!
Before I start, JFH got his tactics wrong today there's no doubting that.
But when are we as a fanbase going to actually stand up for this club and turn on the once constant of the last 5 years? Because it looks to me that the problem isn't Bosingwa Redknapp Barton Tom Caroll Henry Ramsey Tozser Sandro Fer Ferdinand
The problem is that prick in the boardroom who's happy to own a football club so he can tweet about playing FIFA before one of only two home matches most fans give a toss about this season thus trivialising the whole thing.
Unfortunately I feel a chorus of 'Tony Fernandes, get out of our club' is a long way off