Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker to Saints 11:58 - Jul 29 with 28485 viewssimmo

Looks possible, initially as a loan - Simon Peach rarely wrong when it comes to Saints

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:44]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints? on 12:42 - Jul 29 with 2711 viewsDiscodroids

QPR in the fackin potting sheds again .

ABSOLUTE RENT BOY DEAL
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:45]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Caulker to Saints? on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 2705 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints? on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 2696 viewsbob566

we must be really fecked financially if we're making deals like that.

welcome back to centerback clint.

Getting a little worried now. We're really in a bad way at the back. Loads of untried lads. Caulker off. No rightback if furlong gets injured. Left back injured. Clint who I love but a year older asked to step in no doubt and our we're no idea if green is staying or not.

here's a thought. Do you reckon they might be planning on playing sandro at centerback. Oh wait he hasn't got a permit.

Still at least our lads have will be match fit and well drilled from their preseason.
Caulker to Saints? on 12:45 - Jul 29 with 2673 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker to Saints? on 12:37 - Jul 29 by daveB

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/southampton-transfer-news-steven-caulker-wls-

Not sure the logic in that article really works - if we loan him, we get him off the wage bill, but can have him back next season if we go up.

But surely in reality, his wage has already reduced and if we go into this season with no defence and shipping out players for no fees, promotion isn't a realistic goal anyway?
Caulker to Saints on 12:46 - Jul 29 with 2668 viewssimmo

Resigning Richard Dunne in 3........2...........1.................

Caulker to Saints? on 12:48 - Jul 29 with 2635 viewsSnipper

Caulker to Saints? on 12:39 - Jul 29 by johnhoop

So you're saying that the DOF and manager have no say over whether a key player leaves the club?

Does this mean that Southampton will be relegated?
Caulker to Saints on 12:49 - Jul 29 with 2625 viewsdanehoop

There is possibly quite a lot more to this that we havent seen.

We are not cash strapped and FFP isnt going to bite as some would think. I am just wondering if Les and Chris who will have been working closely with him will either be aware of an issue that we dont which means its better for him to be away from the club?

Probably clutching at straws, but otherwise I cant see a great deal of logic to this move for QPR.

Never knowingly understood

Caulker to Saints? on 12:52 - Jul 29 with 2586 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints? on 12:45 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

Not sure the logic in that article really works - if we loan him, we get him off the wage bill, but can have him back next season if we go up.

But surely in reality, his wage has already reduced and if we go into this season with no defence and shipping out players for no fees, promotion isn't a realistic goal anyway?

even if his wage went down I bet it's still big for a championship player. This is the reality now for QPR, we are a championship club with a tiny stadium who gambled on spending big and blew it. Time to start again and it won't be easy
Login to get fewer ads

Caulker to Saints? on 12:53 - Jul 29 with 2580 viewsDando

I was very dissapointed with Caulker last year, but in this division he clearly has the quality and potential to do well, and aside from that we are short for numbers. Surely if hes going then we must have at least x2 cbs lined up to sign? Otherwise we go into the season with Ned (injury prone) and Hill, who is at the end of his career, with no fit first choice left back and only Furlong to choose from at right back, who clearly is not ready from what most of us have seen.

The signs are there that the squad is improving, and the midfield has so many strong options, but the rest of the park is down to the bare bones. There is still time, but as we have seen before, losing is a habit so we dont want to go into the season with as weak lineup as this, and risk getting off to a bad start.
Caulker to Saints? on 13:03 - Jul 29 with 2489 viewsDiscodroids

Caulker to Saints? on 12:52 - Jul 29 by daveB

even if his wage went down I bet it's still big for a championship player. This is the reality now for QPR, we are a championship club with a tiny stadium who gambled on spending big and blew it. Time to start again and it won't be easy

by any standards dave, 8 million holy beans of harry to be reduced into the ether in 12 months is great going , even by our putrid standards.

they pay his wages while he plays for them !... what a deal .

is it to late to renegotiate so we can pay at least 50% of his wages while he plays for a club twenty times richer than us in the most lucrative leagues in the world.

fack me, if double diamond did transfer deals..
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:08]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Caulker to Saints? on 13:03 - Jul 29 with 2490 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints? on 12:39 - Jul 29 by johnhoop

So you're saying that the DOF and manager have no say over whether a key player leaves the club?

Not at all - but I find it hard to believe they're happily signing away this deal unless they're under serious pressure because of finance issues.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 13:03 - Jul 29 with 2484 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker to Saints on 12:49 - Jul 29 by danehoop

There is possibly quite a lot more to this that we havent seen.

We are not cash strapped and FFP isnt going to bite as some would think. I am just wondering if Les and Chris who will have been working closely with him will either be aware of an issue that we dont which means its better for him to be away from the club?

Probably clutching at straws, but otherwise I cant see a great deal of logic to this move for QPR.

In that case why not shop him around early and sell him to WBA for £5m or whatever they offered a month ago?

Also why loan out Caulker (and Harriman) without getting in any replacements?

The only defence we can field for the our last pre-season friendly involves Furlong (3 senior starts) and Kpekawa (1 senior start) at fullback.

Onouha and Hill is functional centre back pairing for the Championship, but we need more depth given Hill's age and Onouha injury record.
Caulker to Saints? on 13:04 - Jul 29 with 2464 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints? on 13:03 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Not at all - but I find it hard to believe they're happily signing away this deal unless they're under serious pressure because of finance issues.

Poor Ramsey, his first and possibly last chance to impress and show his managerial mettle and they're hamstringing him all over the shop!

Caulker to Saints? on 13:07 - Jul 29 with 2433 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints? on 13:04 - Jul 29 by simmo

Poor Ramsey, his first and possibly last chance to impress and show his managerial mettle and they're hamstringing him all over the shop!

I know - as I said, we really should give him some time and as fans show some patience if things don't start well.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 13:07 - Jul 29 with 2430 viewsDiscodroids

Caulker to Saints on 13:03 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

In that case why not shop him around early and sell him to WBA for £5m or whatever they offered a month ago?

Also why loan out Caulker (and Harriman) without getting in any replacements?

The only defence we can field for the our last pre-season friendly involves Furlong (3 senior starts) and Kpekawa (1 senior start) at fullback.

Onouha and Hill is functional centre back pairing for the Championship, but we need more depth given Hill's age and Onouha injury record.

here here my good man.

sell the cnt when you could to west brom , not loan him out like a rotherham taxi driver shares out his 14 year old girlfriend to his mates outside the dixy fried chicken shithouse.

christ sake , some of the people working at our club couldnt get a job working for walthemstow council.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:10]

Caulker to Saints on 13:12 - Jul 29 with 2152 viewsballbag

Fck me sideways and call me Doris.

At this rate, we'll have to stick Andy Sinton at CB.
Caulker to Saints on 13:15 - Jul 29 with 2112 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Caulker to Saints on 13:07 - Jul 29 by Discodroids

here here my good man.

sell the cnt when you could to west brom , not loan him out like a rotherham taxi driver shares out his 14 year old girlfriend to his mates outside the dixy fried chicken shithouse.

christ sake , some of the people working at our club couldnt get a job working for walthemstow council.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:10]

Hope he goes. He ain't rangers and I have never liked him.
Caulker to Saints on 13:17 - Jul 29 with 2098 viewsdaveB

perhaps we are getting a loan fee which will go towards replacements, I find it hard to believe we won't sign several defenders before the window shuts
Caulker to Saints on 13:19 - Jul 29 with 2081 viewsfakekerby

Really wound up about this one.

Why do Saints need to loan him? Cough up or go away. The guy has plenty of experience and has played enough games for them to know what they're signing.

They also have plenty of cash as they sent the money aside to buy Alderweirweld before Spurs stole him under their noses.

On the other side, we also have no defenders at the club already and it makes no sense to loan out a £6-8 million pound asset even to save on wages as we've already shifted hundreds of thousands a week off the books.

The only positives I can grasp at are if Saints are paying a silly loan fee (at least 3 million quid) or willing to loan us a few players for the season ahead in exchange.
Caulker to Saints on 13:20 - Jul 29 with 2056 viewsqueensparker

So we will be left with two centre backs at the club, one of which is Clint Hill (who will probably be playing left back because we haven't got any of them fit either)? My pre-season optimism is being sorely tested…

Unless we've got dire cash flow issues and need to sell before we buy (which I doubt), then the time to get in replacements was a while ago now.
Caulker to Saints on 13:20 - Jul 29 with 2047 viewsDiscodroids

Caulker to Saints on 13:15 - Jul 29 by oldmeadoniansR

Hope he goes. He ain't rangers and I have never liked him.

fair enough mate im no fan , but it would be nice if we could receive coins of the realm for someone who cost us 8 million cnting quid 12 months ago.

£13 million to cardiff in total , inc mutch.

the QPR FD should bet a job at tower hamlets with Luthfur Rahmen.

weve received less funds than the overspill down the sides of a 2p pushing amusment machine on clacton pier.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:21]

Caulker to Saints on 13:24 - Jul 29 with 2009 viewseghamranger

One of the bad eggs I think!!

Likes a beer too much, massive wages no doubt

But why get rid of Ehmer.... Seems crazy
Caulker to Saints on 13:24 - Jul 29 with 2007 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 13:20 - Jul 29 by Discodroids

fair enough mate im no fan , but it would be nice if we could receive coins of the realm for someone who cost us 8 million cnting quid 12 months ago.

£13 million to cardiff in total , inc mutch.

the QPR FD should bet a job at tower hamlets with Luthfur Rahmen.

weve received less funds than the overspill down the sides of a 2p pushing amusment machine on clacton pier.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 13:21]

there will undoubtedly be a loan fee, Disco, plus his substantial wages off the bill.

Dave Mc tweeting it's a good deal for all parties and we need to get real about the relegation. Have to say I agree.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 13:27 - Jul 29 with 1963 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints on 13:17 - Jul 29 by daveB

perhaps we are getting a loan fee which will go towards replacements, I find it hard to believe we won't sign several defenders before the window shuts

Yeah I would imagine the loan fee will probably cover the reported 700k Wigan want for Perch, and still leave us with change. Andre Wisdom is apparently 1.2m loan fee so it should be at least that much. Plus his wages off the books and we have a player that wants to play in the premier league away from the club ready to be replaced by someone that hopefully wants to be with us.

I can see why it makes sense in a lot of ways, it's just the timing of it - exacerbated by the fact that we only have 2 other CB's already at the club, one of which is older than prostitution.

Caulker to Saints on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 1961 viewsfakekerby

Caulker to Saints on 13:24 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

there will undoubtedly be a loan fee, Disco, plus his substantial wages off the bill.

Dave Mc tweeting it's a good deal for all parties and we need to get real about the relegation. Have to say I agree.

A good deal is selling him for the 8 million we paid for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024