Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrant/Refugee crisis 11:04 - Sep 4 with 56272 viewsDeano19766

Just a thought on this subject which is all over the news saying we are a disgrace and should do more to help -

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Refugee - "A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster". So when a person flees their country for those reasons they are a refugee (and that is of course a terrible thing to happen to anyone and is yet another sad fact about humanity as a species). However, it could (and should) then be implied that once a 'refugee' passes through a 'safe' country then (s)he is no longer a refugee but a migrant, and most likely a migrant for economic reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this rhetoric about taking in 'refugees' is completely misguided or a (deliberate?) misinterpretation of the facts IMO. If people wish to show their support for accommodating these people then that is of course their prerogative, but they should at least be clear that that they support accommodating 'economic migrants' as opposed to 'refugees' (although that would be far less sensationalist and may not suit their agenda).
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:46 - Sep 4 with 3401 viewsHayesender

And meanwhile the rich Arab nations let in the grand total of zero refugees

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:46 - Sep 4 with 3398 viewsJuzzie

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:29 - Sep 4 by Clive_Anderson

Emma Thompson knows she can f@ck off to LA if the shit hits the fan in Europe.

All very well her standing at the top of the ramparts blaring out of a loudhailer telling anyone and everyone how bad it is but go on then big mouth... sort it out yourself. I bet you can't.

[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 17:51]
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:54 - Sep 4 with 3362 viewsBromleyHoop

I see the Czechs, Poles and Hungarians have now rejected an EU imposed quota system for taking migrants/ refugees.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:19 - Sep 4 with 3306 viewsDiscodroids

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:29 - Sep 4 by Clive_Anderson

Emma Thompson knows she can f@ck off to LA if the shit hits the fan in Europe.

The bbc allowed her to read out a self penned rambling Poem on the plight of polar bears on the news yesterday, that pam aryes would have been ashamed of it was so fackin crap

It really spoke to me Man.

the Simpering face pulling and Remains of the day delivery deserved an Oscar.

which she'll probably get from 10 year old nobel peace prize winner Malala. I cut Malala's face out of the paper and stuck it on a fairy for my xmas tree last year. This Years its Emmas turn.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 18:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:34 - Sep 4 with 3269 viewsDoughnut

THE obvious 'Blue Whale in the room' is that once these people cross over the border to Turkey or Jordan...etc.. then they are out of harms way. They will no longer be shelled or butchered. So why risk your life and your kids to cross the Med. and get to Europe???
Of course, this is NEVER mentioned in the pseudo-sympathetic media. The Jews escaping from Hitler in the 30's and 40's wouldn't be so fussy about which country they got to, as long as it was to safety and out of Hitlers reach. So don't give me 'Refugees' , because they aren't!
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:40 - Sep 4 with 3247 viewsjohncharles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:46 - Sep 4 by Hayesender

Never mind the Saudi's what about our "partners" in the Eropean "union" ?
Germany are doing their bit, Spain are doing A Bit. Greece and Italy are being overrun meanwhile other "partners" refuse to take any. Countries like Poland are happy to take full advantage of the "union" but refuse to take any responsibility i.e. NO REFUGEES. what kind of "union" is this ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:38 - Sep 4 with 3162 viewsHollowayRanger

Camden has just said its willing to take in and house refugees which is very kind if them its a pity about the 20,000 already on the housing waiting list there

the problem is over there in the middle east and needs to be sorted out over there ,bringing the problem to Europe and here isn't the answer the problem remains and will only grow and grow

iran saudi Arabia turkey all have powerfull forces and do next to nothing to stop isa and why are all these people heading to Europe and not moving to other middle eastern nations?

My old dad said England would end up a muslim country

don't think he was far off being right id say we'll be the minority in our own country by 2100

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:40 - Sep 4 with 3160 viewsBromleyHoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:34 - Sep 4 by Doughnut

THE obvious 'Blue Whale in the room' is that once these people cross over the border to Turkey or Jordan...etc.. then they are out of harms way. They will no longer be shelled or butchered. So why risk your life and your kids to cross the Med. and get to Europe???
Of course, this is NEVER mentioned in the pseudo-sympathetic media. The Jews escaping from Hitler in the 30's and 40's wouldn't be so fussy about which country they got to, as long as it was to safety and out of Hitlers reach. So don't give me 'Refugees' , because they aren't!

I don't think you can reasonably argue that lots of those people are not refugees. They are clearly escaping the most appalling conditions in their respective home countries. However once they escape that country then they revert to becoming economic migrants in trying to push on to a country that will give them a better life. and can you blame them? Whether they are called Immigrants or Refugees doesn't really make a huge amount of difference. They're still gonna end up in Germany, Sweden, France and the UK.

Login to get fewer ads

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:43 - Sep 4 with 3157 viewsTheBlob

Russia's nice this time of year.
And it's much nearer.
Plenty of room there.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:16 - Sep 4 with 3109 viewsJigsore

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:46 - Sep 4 by Hayesender

they're a shower of c*nts its hardly a surprise. Shame no government in the West ever stands up to their bullsh*t

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:51 - Sep 4 with 3053 viewsDoughnut

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:40 - Sep 4 by BromleyHoop

I don't think you can reasonably argue that lots of those people are not refugees. They are clearly escaping the most appalling conditions in their respective home countries. However once they escape that country then they revert to becoming economic migrants in trying to push on to a country that will give them a better life. and can you blame them? Whether they are called Immigrants or Refugees doesn't really make a huge amount of difference. They're still gonna end up in Germany, Sweden, France and the UK.

Well...YES I can.... If they were true refugees, getting out of harms way would be it. They wouldn't give a rats about Germany or UK etc. How convenient they should revert to economic migration once they leave their countries. Hairdressers from Nigeria, for example...what's the threat to them?? The simple fact is that they know that they will be allowed to remain once in Europe and this is encouraging them to come. And this name thing is a fetish of the left; the term illegal immigrants is almost a racial slur to some lefties. So now it's refugees and migrants...until of course...some stigma attaches itself to these terms, at which point new names will be required.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:03 - Sep 4 with 3035 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:51 - Sep 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

My gammon and chips detector has just blown up.

Gammon and chips, fried egg n all... Lovely .!!
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:07 - Sep 4 with 3030 viewsizlingtonhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:38 - Sep 4 by HollowayRanger

Camden has just said its willing to take in and house refugees which is very kind if them its a pity about the 20,000 already on the housing waiting list there

the problem is over there in the middle east and needs to be sorted out over there ,bringing the problem to Europe and here isn't the answer the problem remains and will only grow and grow

iran saudi Arabia turkey all have powerfull forces and do next to nothing to stop isa and why are all these people heading to Europe and not moving to other middle eastern nations?

My old dad said England would end up a muslim country

don't think he was far off being right id say we'll be the minority in our own country by 2100

You don't 'alf talk rubbish.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:07 - Sep 4 with 3029 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:40 - Sep 4 by BromleyHoop

"They're still gonna end up in - - -- the UK."
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:44 - Sep 4 with 2982 viewsBromleyHoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:51 - Sep 4 by Doughnut

Well...YES I can.... If they were true refugees, getting out of harms way would be it. They wouldn't give a rats about Germany or UK etc. How convenient they should revert to economic migration once they leave their countries. Hairdressers from Nigeria, for example...what's the threat to them?? The simple fact is that they know that they will be allowed to remain once in Europe and this is encouraging them to come. And this name thing is a fetish of the left; the term illegal immigrants is almost a racial slur to some lefties. So now it's refugees and migrants...until of course...some stigma attaches itself to these terms, at which point new names will be required.

I was referring mainly to those leaving Iraq and Syria although you could include Egyptians, Libyans, Algerians as well. I'm sure if you lived under threat of Boko Haram in Northern Nigeria then you too would also want to get out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly happy about mass Immigration to the UK and I'm in no way an apologist or liberal lefty. But put yourselves in these people's shoes. If you left war torn Syria as a refugee and went to Turkey where you had no family why would you stop there. Surely you would want to go to a country that promised a better standard of living, where you could prosper. That's just common sense isn't it. That's when you would stop being a refugee and become an evonomic migrant.

You can't blame these people for wanting a better life. The issue is how they're dealt with.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:52 - Sep 4 with 2957 viewsDoughnut

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:44 - Sep 4 by BromleyHoop

I was referring mainly to those leaving Iraq and Syria although you could include Egyptians, Libyans, Algerians as well. I'm sure if you lived under threat of Boko Haram in Northern Nigeria then you too would also want to get out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly happy about mass Immigration to the UK and I'm in no way an apologist or liberal lefty. But put yourselves in these people's shoes. If you left war torn Syria as a refugee and went to Turkey where you had no family why would you stop there. Surely you would want to go to a country that promised a better standard of living, where you could prosper. That's just common sense isn't it. That's when you would stop being a refugee and become an evonomic migrant.

You can't blame these people for wanting a better life. The issue is how they're dealt with.

I totally agree. I can't blame them one bit...it's Cameron, Holande. Merkel that will get the historical 'shit end of the stick'...and rightly so!
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 22:56 - Sep 4 with 2879 viewsHollowayRanger

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:52 - Sep 4 by Doughnut

I totally agree. I can't blame them one bit...it's Cameron, Holande. Merkel that will get the historical 'shit end of the stick'...and rightly so!

agree id do the same ,we all would if over there ,problem is the more we let in the bigger the strain on our already over strained welfare system housing schooling nhs ect ect

http://www.crisis.org.uk/pages/homeless-def-numbers.html

over 7500 homeless in London already ,how can it be fair they are ignored and homes found for the thousands of Migrant/Refugees that are going to be let in, theres over 700 parentless children in kent alone from overseas putting a massive strain on kent and yet at same time we are cutting jobs and services everywhere

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 23:13 - Sep 4 with 2833 views1BobbyHazell

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 22:56 - Sep 4 by HollowayRanger

agree id do the same ,we all would if over there ,problem is the more we let in the bigger the strain on our already over strained welfare system housing schooling nhs ect ect

http://www.crisis.org.uk/pages/homeless-def-numbers.html

over 7500 homeless in London already ,how can it be fair they are ignored and homes found for the thousands of Migrant/Refugees that are going to be let in, theres over 700 parentless children in kent alone from overseas putting a massive strain on kent and yet at same time we are cutting jobs and services everywhere

We have the resources, we just need to stop accepting the Daily Spoon Fed Narrative that we don't. There is enough for all of us if we stop allowing the few to have so much.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/apr/26/recession-rich-britains-wealthie
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 23:54 - Sep 4 with 2760 viewszicoshoops

Hands up, unfortunately we have created much of the madness that has happened in the Middle East in the past few hundred years.

But..........the Country/Nation that should have the finger of blame pointed squarely at them, once again ducks under the radar.
A country that if it had no wealth would be treated and commented on worse then North Korea.

Step forward Saudi Arabia.
They created, armed and funded ISIS.
And now they are shit scared of them, they have created a monster they thought they could control
We in the West, knowing what they have done, have turned a blind eye, and taken Billions of their Oil wealth in the form of defence weapons, aircraft and the rest.
Our leaders haven't quite lowered their trousers and bent over a table for them......but we're not far off.

The Saudi's thought that by setting in motion events that would de-stable Syria, Iraq, and northern parts of the Middle East, eventually they would reach the Country that they both hate and fear......... (Shia)Iran.
But it hasn't worked.

I wonder if Israel and Iran have heard of the saying.....
'My enemy's enemy is my friend.'
Because then the game really would be up for those corrupt fvckers in Saudi.

P.S.
'Exiled Dictator.'.............Be interested to hear your thoughts re Iran and Saudi Arabia.

P.P.S.
What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2015 23:56]
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 00:36 - Sep 5 with 2721 viewsHitch

In New Zealand we currently take 750 migrants per year. Due to the current situation the Government has said we may increase that to 1000. It is thought the extra 250 would be Australian cricket supporters.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 09:53 - Sep 5 with 2528 viewsGloucs_R

Why is it that 90% of these "refugees" are male? Just seen a guy on BBC News say that he has left his wife and daughters behind so he could travel to England. WHY????

Poll: Are we staying up?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 10:05 - Sep 5 with 2518 viewsDiscodroids

Watching these migrants this morning on the box strolling along like the ICF circa @1982.. , Diesel, Fila, Moschino,La coste and Evisu. The only thing missing are Addidas munchen, deerstalkers and jif bottles .

The Syrian Bolt cutters crew..coming to a ground near you soon for a toe to toe. You are one weak Pm Cameron. The runt of the litter.

'.I fackin love you gumbo cameron'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 10:11 - Sep 5 with 2505 viewspeejaybee

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:16 - Sep 4 by Jigsore

they're a shower of c*nts its hardly a surprise. Shame no government in the West ever stands up to their bullsh*t

If the west stood up to them, they would not buy our bullets

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 10:35 - Sep 5 with 2473 viewsisawqpratwcity

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:07 - Sep 4 by izlingtonhoop

You don't 'alf talk rubbish.

That's a bit harsh.

He is trying to explain that intellectually he is at a genetic disadvantage.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 11:19 - Sep 5 with 2412 viewsHayesender

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 09:53 - Sep 5 by Gloucs_R

Why is it that 90% of these "refugees" are male? Just seen a guy on BBC News say that he has left his wife and daughters behind so he could travel to England. WHY????

I watched a video yesterday at a train station somewhere in europe. The local police were handing out food parcels and bottles of water to these poor destitute starving refugees (nearly all fit young men).

These poor destitute and starving refugees were throwing the food parcels and bottles of water onto the tracks.

Bless em

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024