Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Jimmy, oh 07:35 - Nov 22 with 69857 viewsJonDoeman

Poor little Jimmy!

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:02 - Dec 2 with 3914 views2Thomas2Bowles

Did I say I don't want him

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:04 - Dec 2 with 3906 viewsloftus77

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 22:48 - Dec 2 by daveB

blimey, I think that will be heard before Christmas

Absolutely..by Friday afternoon at the latest.

On a serious note, I get the uneasy feeling that 'Our Tone' may have made another balls-up here (10 out of 10 for consistency, if nothing else). Would JFH be more suited to a well-run, 'up-and-coming', Championship club with fresh infrastructure and sensible, pragmatic plans in place (e.g Brighton, Rotherham, Brentford, Franchise (!)) rather than the "Billy Smart's Circus" model which he will be presented with here with us in W12?

Would an old-fashioned no-nonsense disciplinarian be more what we need (Nigel Pearson, Kenny Jackett, Neil Warnock) at the moment? I reckon so.

Would LOVE to be proved hopelessly wrong.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:06 - Dec 2 with 3897 viewsisawqpratwcity

Entirely irrelevant to the thread, but I saw Blob's posting of Tubular Bells (page 10) and hit it for some nice noise as I scrolled down, then saw it repeated for Jamois' reply. Just for the hell of it I hit it again. The two playings, superimposed about 20 seconds apart, sounded great!

Part melodic, part cacophony, it had an emphasised fugue quality that seemed to defy the passage of time. Have a go!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:15 - Dec 2 with 3845 viewsrsonist

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:04 - Dec 2 by loftus77

Absolutely..by Friday afternoon at the latest.

On a serious note, I get the uneasy feeling that 'Our Tone' may have made another balls-up here (10 out of 10 for consistency, if nothing else). Would JFH be more suited to a well-run, 'up-and-coming', Championship club with fresh infrastructure and sensible, pragmatic plans in place (e.g Brighton, Rotherham, Brentford, Franchise (!)) rather than the "Billy Smart's Circus" model which he will be presented with here with us in W12?

Would an old-fashioned no-nonsense disciplinarian be more what we need (Nigel Pearson, Kenny Jackett, Neil Warnock) at the moment? I reckon so.

Would LOVE to be proved hopelessly wrong.

If you watched the video posted a few pages back, JFH and his assistant don't remotely come across as soft touches.

Also Warnock the old-fashioned no-nonsense disciplinarian... sure about that?
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 05:38 - Dec 3 with 3635 viewsbarbicanranger

The anti-chelsea stuff is sad to hear, it's not like he was a one-club man - he played a lot of games for Leeds and Boro as well. Hopefully he will come and do what Paul Furlong did, as a player.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:27 - Dec 3 with 3556 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 22:14 - Dec 2 by paulparker

Maybe , even Olly and NW got abuse , it's part of the job unfortunately
I couldn't give a rats if he played for Chelsea , I think 95% of the fanbase will get behind him,
We have one of the best young managers who wants to be here , exciting times a head

Holloway used to get plenty of stick, was very split, some of the fans adored the man and followed him to the end almost cult like others thought he rhymed with cult.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:00 - Dec 3 with 3495 viewsJonDoeman

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 22:07 - Dec 2 by Northernr

First "fcking Chelsea cnt" heard somewhere around the back to back away games at Cardiff and Brighton in April with the team about 12th.

If we as a fan base can't give a decent young manager a chance cos he used to play for Chelsea, we probably deserve everything we get . I've got a feeling this is going to be a great appointment. Jimmy is the one.

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:39 - Dec 3 with 3414 viewsJeff

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:00 - Dec 3 by JonDoeman

If we as a fan base can't give a decent young manager a chance cos he used to play for Chelsea, we probably deserve everything we get . I've got a feeling this is going to be a great appointment. Jimmy is the one.

He IS the Messiah!

I should know, i've followed a few :)

https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/mF4kMGnfKhtpqi_cjH6oDg--/cm90YXRlPWF1dG87dz02N

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:40 - Dec 3 with 3413 viewsA40Bosh

Ok, so dopey question of the day coming up, sorry about that.

If the Beeb announced that Burton have just given us permission to "talk" to JFH yesterday, does that mean that he will have already been included as part of the short list and interviewed by the club under the radar from Burton, and that the "talk" is to now actually talk turkey about taking on the job, the next steps, contract negotiations etc?

If so is it a different rule for managers when being poached by clubs than it is for players and it is not viewed as "tapping up" and not illegal?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:52 - Dec 3 with 3389 viewsNorthernr

Well we signed a promising young centre back in the summer who's turned out to be one of our best players this season and that was met with "not another Tottenham player" so I wouldn't put it past us.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:55 - Dec 3 with 3365 viewsMvpeter

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:52 - Dec 3 by Northernr

Well we signed a promising young centre back in the summer who's turned out to be one of our best players this season and that was met with "not another Tottenham player" so I wouldn't put it past us.

We'd signed a fair few duds from Tottenham in recent years.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:59 - Dec 3 with 3361 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:40 - Dec 3 by A40Bosh

Ok, so dopey question of the day coming up, sorry about that.

If the Beeb announced that Burton have just given us permission to "talk" to JFH yesterday, does that mean that he will have already been included as part of the short list and interviewed by the club under the radar from Burton, and that the "talk" is to now actually talk turkey about taking on the job, the next steps, contract negotiations etc?

If so is it a different rule for managers when being poached by clubs than it is for players and it is not viewed as "tapping up" and not illegal?

I have to say I was asking myself the same question.

No-one is complaining about anything we've done so I presume it's all been above board (as we are the anti-christs of football I'm sure if QPR had been naughty we'd have heard about it.) Yet the impression given is that all the work on this has been done before we got permission from Burton.

Anyone know how this works?
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:04 - Dec 3 with 3347 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 05:38 - Dec 3 by barbicanranger

The anti-chelsea stuff is sad to hear, it's not like he was a one-club man - he played a lot of games for Leeds and Boro as well. Hopefully he will come and do what Paul Furlong did, as a player.

Maybe it's senility on my part, but I've always had him in my head as a Leeds player. I never saw him as an iconic Chelsea player. Not that that should make much of a difference, Wilkins was a Cheese icon and was still a bloody good player for us.

P.S. "Cheese" is due to spell checker but I'm going to leave it in, as it makes me feel better about typing that name.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:07 - Dec 3 with 3331 viewsTheBlob

I've never quite got this fixation with antecedents,like someone can't do a decent job at Morrisons and the customers will boycott the store because the new kunt came from Lidl.
I'm feeling more positive than when Ramsey got appointed.It's strange that some people are now applauding changing horses in the middle of the stream whereas the mantra was always give him to the end of the season.We live in confused times.
I'll wait and see how the new guy deals with the transfer budget(if applicable)and see what kind of players he brings in before making a judgement - helluva lot of pressure not least because of the vital Christmas schedule.
It'll be interesting to see the reaction on here to the first defeat.
It'll be interesting also* to see if he can keep out of Crockfords.

*copyright R.Gullitt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:10 - Dec 3 with 3323 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:55 - Dec 3 by Mvpeter

We'd signed a fair few duds from Tottenham in recent years.

So what?

We've signed a fair few duds who are over 6ft tall, shall we only sign short people?
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:24 - Dec 3 with 3275 viewsFDC

Not to mention the countless terrible white players we've signed down the years.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:25 - Dec 3 with 3271 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:07 - Dec 3 by TheBlob

I've never quite got this fixation with antecedents,like someone can't do a decent job at Morrisons and the customers will boycott the store because the new kunt came from Lidl.
I'm feeling more positive than when Ramsey got appointed.It's strange that some people are now applauding changing horses in the middle of the stream whereas the mantra was always give him to the end of the season.We live in confused times.
I'll wait and see how the new guy deals with the transfer budget(if applicable)and see what kind of players he brings in before making a judgement - helluva lot of pressure not least because of the vital Christmas schedule.

*copyright R.Gullitt.

Wouldn't personally have given Ramsey a whole season, just didn't decide he should be sacked after the first game of the season. Then again, like taking an instant dislike to John Terry, maybe that would have just saved time.

And once you've been tipped off one horse in the middle of the river, there's nothing inconsistent about thinking it a good idea to get on another one.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:26 - Dec 3 with 3265 viewsJeff

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:10 - Dec 3 by Northernr

So what?

We've signed a fair few duds who are over 6ft tall, shall we only sign short people?

I can hear MVPeter ferociously hammering away at his keyboard in response from here...

Can we not knock it?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:29 - Dec 3 with 3250 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:07 - Dec 3 by TheBlob

*copyright R.Gullitt.

Just googled Crockfords.

https://www.crockford.org.uk/

I don't think there's any risk of him being poached by the Church of England, but what the hell, if he does a good job here then let him have a crack at the big Canterbury job and good luck to him. If he gets us the FA cup I'll be calling for canonisation.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:35 - Dec 3 with 3226 viewsPommyhoop

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:04 - Dec 3 by CiderwithRsie

Maybe it's senility on my part, but I've always had him in my head as a Leeds player. I never saw him as an iconic Chelsea player. Not that that should make much of a difference, Wilkins was a Cheese icon and was still a bloody good player for us.

P.S. "Cheese" is due to spell checker but I'm going to leave it in, as it makes me feel better about typing that name.

Snap.He's stuck in my head as Lids Lids Lids too..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:39 - Dec 3 with 3209 viewsTheBlob

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:29 - Dec 3 by CiderwithRsie

Just googled Crockfords.

https://www.crockford.org.uk/

I don't think there's any risk of him being poached by the Church of England, but what the hell, if he does a good job here then let him have a crack at the big Canterbury job and good luck to him. If he gets us the FA cup I'll be calling for canonisation.

Crockfords gaming house.

and please no jokes about putting everything on Black.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:42 - Dec 3 with 3202 viewsMvpeter

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:10 - Dec 3 by Northernr

So what?

It was indicative of a lazy approach to scouting.

Did we sign our last two managers, our director of football, our academy director, most of our coaches and 8 players from the over 6ft tall academy? Because if most of them had been duds then I'd imagine that people might have something to say about continuing to do that.

You're comparing membership to an organisation with a physical trait. Nobody thought being from tottenham made them poor players.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:49 - Dec 3 with 3181 viewsdoogi55

our greatist manager dave sexton oh yes ex chelsea manager
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:43 - Dec 3 with 2936 viewsTheBlob

This would not be good.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Burton-Albion-boss-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-work/stor

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:50 - Dec 3 with 2906 viewsGloucs_R

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:43 - Dec 3 by TheBlob

This would not be good.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Burton-Albion-boss-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-work/stor

Youth team is fine, just not as a defensive coach!

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024